NFL Draft Part 2: Who HASN'T said racist things on Twitter when they were a teenager?!?

Trebla

7 hours ago, James Arryn said:

So, the NFL is considering a 15 yard penalty for kneeling. 

Not kidding.

All political shit aside, isn't what these players did exactly what America supposedly wants? Peaceful quiet meaningful protest to injustice instead of violence and disruption?

49 minutes ago, dbunting said:

All political shit aside, isn't what these players did exactly what America supposedly wants? Peaceful quiet meaningful protest to injustice instead of violence and disruption?

Only if the whites like the cause.

8 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Not kidding.

So I just read an article on this, very non committal language. If they did adopt it as discussed in the article it just opens them up for more ridicule and attention.

15 yard penalty for kneeling...simple, players on both sides kneel. Refs throw flags during the national anthem instead of focusing on the flag like you are supposed to...then all that happens is off setting 15 yarders announced and nothing actually happens except the NFL looks stupid and petty. 

59 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I originally typed "white America" and edited it to not turn this into something else.

Are you saying you censored the truth from your own opinion? Now why on earth would you think you should do that? 

Honest discourse is a precious thing my friend.

16 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Not kidding.

Honestly this just goes to show how the NFL is run by bumbling morons. People like to cite VEEP when talking about our politics, but really it’s the people who run the NFL. Domonique Foxworth, a former player and president of the NFLPA, regularly talks about how at first he was nervous to sit down with the owners only to realize they weren’t particularly bright. This situation is easy to solve. Tell the players that kneeling is banned, President Trump has co-opted the message and nothing positive is coming from it anymore, and in exchange agree that each team will spend $5m a year and the league will spend $25m a year on issues the players care about. I mean, hell, only a few guys are still doing it anyways.

7 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Are you saying you censored the truth from your own opinion? Now why on earth would you think you should do that? 

Honest discourse is a precious thing my friend.

Thought Police always win in the end in a society devoid of freedom and liberty.  

17 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Not kidding.

Did anyone ask Tom Brady? I'm not sure that he'll appreciate a 15 yard penalty at the end of every game.

/boomgoesthedynamite :p

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well it’s official. They also gave Kaepernick’s legal team leverage, considering it was a unanimous vote:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy

Jesus Christ just burn this whole fucking thing down already. What a bunch of babies.

57 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Jesus Christ just burn this whole fucking thing down already. What a bunch of babies.

Are you going to keep watching?

46 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

If Kim Jong Un is as frightened of Trump as the NFL, we'll have a denuclearized and united Korea by August. 

What a joke.

One other thing this tells you, and I’ve been saying it for a while, is that the NFL is afraid of just how racists their fans are, and rather than stand up and do the right thing, they placate said racist fans. These men made it clear in the leaked meeting with the players that they stand for nothing other than money. The public is likely incapable of seeing it in the moment, but history will not be kind to this era of the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'm definitely less invested in the NFL than I was five or even one year ago.  Stop watching altogether?  I doubt it, but I'm not getting cable just so I can watch MNF (which I used to do) and I'm a lot quicker to turn off crappy games than I used to be.  The overall shittiness of the NFL as a league and of specific teams (like, to pick a totally random example, Washington) is definitely part of the reason I"m less interested in watching NFL games than I used to be. 

13 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Maybe not. I don't watch much on Sundays any more, because it's one of the few times in the week that I get to spend  more than a couple of hours with my wife and son (she works Saturdays). I did watch more prime time games.

Maybe this is enough. The proof will come during the regular season, but this is yet another step that makes it easier to wash my hands of this league.

What'll be tougher is cutting off secondary NFL things, like reading sports sites or watching highlights.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

What'll be tougher is cutting off secondary NFL things, like reading sports sites or watching highlights.

It's basically impossible. I mean, is this thread part of the problem? Kinda sorta. But the secondary issues are probably not as big a deal as the primary, and that is affected heavily by ad revenue. If you stop watching, if you make it a point to tell advertisers you're not watching the NFL any more, they will lose money. Better yet, tell CBS and NBC and Fox and ESPN that you've stopped and why. 

https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/999353273357348870

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

One other thing this tells you, and I’ve been saying it for a while, is that the NFL is afraid of just how racists their fans are, and rather than stand up and do the right thing, they placate said racist fans. These men made it clear in the leaked meeting with the players that they stand for nothing other than money. The public is likely incapable of seeing it in the moment, but history will not be kind to this era of the NFL.

I wrote a whole thing last night about how they're murdering the game out of laziness and greed, using this new 'No lowering of the helmet' rule as an example. Rather than invest in equipment and research to reduce/treat concussions they're just throwing rules out that put the blame on the players and it's going to be a disaster.

And remember, Kaepernick had the highest selling jersey for a while last offseason and he wasn't even on a team. So they're not afraid of how racist their fans are, they sympathize with the racist ones.

And @Kalbear please spare me your righteousness. You're correct to loathe the NFL and refuse to give it your patronage, but the fight's over dude. The NFL is no more corrupt and unsalvageable than the U.S. so please forgive me if I try to find just a fucking little bit of something I enjoy in this whirlpool of shit.

If I ever hit 'fuck it' you'll be the first to know.

1 minute ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

And @Kalbear please spare me your righteousness. You're correct to loathe the NFL and refuse to give it your patronage, but the fight's over dude. The NFL is no more corrupt and unsalvageable than the U.S. so please forgive me if I try to find just a fucking little bit of something I enjoy in this whirlpool of shit.

If I ever hit 'fuck it' you'll be the first to know.

And that's fine! I had a conversation with a friend of mine recently about this - that there are an infinite amount of problematic entertainment, leisure, and daily activities out there, and every person's threshold is going to be different on what they are willing to tolerate for the gain they receive. If I enjoyed the NFL more I would still be watching. It was a lot easier for me because I didn't have the massive familial ties invested in it. Giving up college sports was harder. 

As long as you know what you're willing to pay, by all means, pay it.

Richie Incognito is nuts lol.  I still want the Colts signing him to a 1 year deal.  Incognito is a true alpha dog with great technique.  Colts could have one of the best interior offensive lines for many years to come.  A respected pro-bowler barking into them at training camp could be exactly what they need to become elite.

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

And that's fine! I had a conversation with a friend of mine recently about this - that there are an infinite amount of problematic entertainment, leisure, and daily activities out there, and every person's threshold is going to be different on what they are willing to tolerate for the gain they receive. If I enjoyed the NFL more I would still be watching. It was a lot easier for me because I didn't have the massive familial ties invested in it. Giving up college sports was harder. 

As long as you know what you're willing to pay, by all means, pay it.

:cheers:

Really my love of competitive sports is all I gots, and professional football is the one I love the most.

When you live in a despotic oligarchy you gotta take what they give you.

3 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

I wrote a whole thing last night about how they're murdering the game out of laziness and greed, using this new 'No lowering of the helmet' rule as an example. Rather than invest in equipment and research to reduce/treat concussions they're just throwing rules out that put the blame on the players and it's going to be a disaster.

Football is inherently an unsafe game, and there's no way to make it safer without massive changes to the game. And as a result we're getting this watered down product and that, more than any other reason, is why people are quitting football. 

Archived