HBO’s Westworld VI- This Game Is Meant For You...[SPOILERS]

Ramsay B.

30 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, I see nihilistic asshole, i will gratify my gamer obsession one more time and then burn it all down....doesn't seem too redemptive to me. 

Well, I see I made a huge mistake and will burn it all down, but to each his own.  I guess you could also just say he's an old man filled with regret, waiting to die alone.  And hey, if you're right and he doesn't then it's all the more likely Grace-Emily kills him!

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We’re going there? OK, we’re going there:

Well that was quite something.

14 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, I missed this page! Ty, that’s a work of art!

And obviously this update has expanded the number of emojis you can use in one post!

Impressive, very impressive!

You've been able to use loads of them before, it just can't be the same ones and they can't be right by each other. Jace and I have played around with this before in the NFL threads. She normally buries me, but that's because she's willing to spend hours crafting her stories. 

11 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Well that was quite something.

I think I captured you perfectly. I totally have you arriving to a brawl and casually lighting up a cig and enjoying the show. Jace got the good stuff though. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think I captured you perfectly. I totally have you arriving to a brawl and casually lighting up a cig and enjoying the show. Jace got the good stuff though. 

LOL.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If Grace is his daughter he will assuredly redeem himself before dying. 

Yeah, probably.

@Tywin et al. This is the oddest emoji I found on westeros.org :smileysex: I mean, WTF?

The beginning scene in The Raj was interesting. I'm assuming it was thrown in to introduce Grace more than show another park and explain the tiger washed up on the beach last episode.

I like the theory of the Ghost Nation acting as a sort of internal security. Still waiting for more of Zahn McLarnon.

Bernard/Arnold continues to be the biggest mystery for me.  

3 minutes ago, Astromech said:

@Tywin et al. This is the oddest emoji I found on westeros.org :smileysex: I mean, WTF?

I've used it before, but I'm not entirely sure what it is (I mean I am, but it seems backwards). I considered using it, but I wasn't sure if FB was ready to get down with The Frisky One like that.

The beginning scene in The Raj was interesting. I'm assuming it was thrown in to introduce Grace more than show another park and explain the tiger washed up on the beach last episode.

Possibly, but it certainly was an Easter egg that let you know the parks are connected.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've used it before, but I'm not entirely sure what it is (I mean I am, but it seems backwards). I considered using it, but I wasn't sure if FB was ready to get down with The Frisky One like that.

Possibly, but it certainly was an Easter egg that let you know the parks are connected.

Of course they're connected, but the question is how. I'm curious as to what Grace had pinpointed on her map.

35 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If Grace is his daughter he will assuredly redeem himself before dying.  Did I say gag me yet? Why not let him stay a villain? 

Yeah, that will be kind of a letdown if it goes down like that. I wonder how Grace will interfere with what Robert has planned for William though. 

Do you guys think it was just extremely selective editing in season one and all six parks are run from that one control room?  or are there more control rooms run by other people/hosts with Bernard's level of authority? 

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yeah, that will be kind of a letdown if it goes down like that. I wonder how Grace will interfere with what Robert has planned for William though. 

I think if she is William's daughter, Ford would have known she was there.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but the biggest twist would be that is that she's a host copy of Teresa. Possibly recreating real Teresa's first visit to the park. We're meant to think she must be human because the hosts attack her, but don't they attack Bernard too? 

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

I think that Smiley may come from an era before the MeToo movement.

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but the biggest twist would be that is that she's a host copy of Teresa. Possibly recreating real Teresa's first visit to the park. 

I did briefly wonder about that, but I'm not sure that Ford actually cared enough about Teresa to go to the effort of copying her.

27 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but the biggest twist would be that is that she's a host copy of Teresa.

Yeah considered that, but why?

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Ed Harris sacrificing himself for his baby girl, seeing the light of his humanity come back into his eyes as he dies....ugh, gag me.

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

LMAO @ William having a redemption ark!? Are we watching the same show?? 

While I don't think its a redemption arc, I do think there is more to it than a bog standard narrative. I saw a video on youtube the other day running through Fords goodbye speech and it reads like it may be about William - most of them don't care about the narratives, they're just there to kill and fuck, but William has been searching for something more for decades, he's the one that is still watching. So the narrative of season 2 is written for him, which fits with how he seems to have special rules/oversight for his "campaign" in season 2. The best I see for him morally is something akin to Walter White and the catharsis of his admission to Skyler. 

My read on Nolan explicitly confirming Maeve's act was one of free will but being ambiguous on Dolores doesn't change my read of the character, but it does suggest that they wanted us to be uncertain. I just can't see that scene where the voices in her head transition meaning anything other than her awakening, unless the argument is that the bicameral mind doesn't grant sapience anyway - that was the pinnacle of Arnolds attempt at creating life and he failed. Maeve may be the culmination of Fords attempt and she has succeeded - she doesn't appear to have the voices to the extent Dolores has, or at least we've not seen them? It's her drive for her daughter that has exceeded her programming.

10 minutes ago, karaddin said:

The best I see for him morally is something akin to Walter White and the catharsis of his admission to Skyler. 

Heh, funny you mentioned that.  In a previous post I almost said to @Cas Stark something like "so I guess you really hated the Breaking Bad finale," but decided against being a smartass (for once).

12 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I just can't see that scene where the voices in her head transition meaning anything other than her awakening, unless the argument is that the bicameral mind doesn't grant sapience anyway - that was the pinnacle of Arnolds attempt at creating life and he failed.

Well, if Joy and Nolan are allowing that Maeve gained free will, then that grants legitimacy to the bicameral mind, right?  Anyway, I agree that Dolores simply following Ford's last narrative this season would severely cheapen everything we saw in her storyline last season.

Yeah I was like WTF, how would his character even know what a dragon is??? Not because the stories of dragons didn't exist in the times of the wild west but because there is no reason for him as a host to know what a dragon is.

I keep forgetting that these hosts could have been in a lot of different "worlds" before this one.

Clearly the most obvious answer is that Armastice is a secret Targaryen :P.

Clearly the most obvious answer is that Armastice is a secret Targaryen :P.

I thought the writers were just throwing in a Dany easter egg with Hector's line. She even has white hair.

At the moment I think Dolores and Maeve are the only hosts who have TRULY ''woken up'' with other hosts sort of...on their way, or half woken like Hector. Which makes the actions of Maeve and Dolores carry that much more weight. 

I think Dolores is our villain of the show, or that's what she is leading up to and Maeve is our hero. In very simplistic terms, of course it isn't a simplistic show. Either way, Maeve is my #1 and I'll be rooting for her the whole way. 

Archived