HBO’s Westworld VI- This Game Is Meant For You...[SPOILERS]

Ramsay B.

2 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

Kris keeps yelling “WHERE ARE THE HELICOPTERS AND BOMBS COME ON”

Given the rest of their technology I'd have thought Delos could do a drone strike as well.

I suppose it's possible they were trying not to do too much damage to the hosts so didn't want to just bomb them into oblivion, but their tactics still leave a lot to be desired.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:08 PM, williamjm said:

Given the rest of their technology I'd have thought Delos could do a drone strike as well.

I suppose it's possible they were trying not to do too much damage to the hosts so didn't want to just bomb them into oblivion, but their tactics still leave a lot to be desired.

Don't forget they couldn't do most anything people are asking for, bombs, missels, drone strikes etc. They weren't going there to battle the hosts, they were going there to kidnap a host unharmed. Abernathy is why they were there and if he had gotten hit with shrapnel from a bomb or similar item then no rescure was going to come and she knew it, and was in charge. She sacrificed the men at the front so they could come to the rear virtually unnoticed, it was a ruthless plan that worked. At least I am giving the show credit for doing this even if it was unintentional.

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

Isn't an armistice like a major peace?  Kind of twisted that a so-named person brings nothing less than the flame-thrower.  

She was in his gang of ruthless killers before too so the irony of her name is blissful.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:50 PM, Nictarion said:

Both are awesome.

No. No. No. No. No.

Watching that ginger fulcrum of a Quarterback for so long has melted your eyes, man! Armistice is pure awesome and I demand you wear a hair shirt and whip yourself bloody on the streets of Olympus Mons. 

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Don't forget they couldn't do most anything people are asking for, bombs, missels, drone strikes etc. They weren't going there to battle the hosts, they were going there to kidnap a host unharmed. Abernathy is why they were there and if he had gotten hit with shrapnel from a bomb or similar item then no rescure was going to come and she knew it, and was in charge. She sacrificed the men at the front so they could come to the rear virtually unnoticed, it was a ruthless plan that worked. At least I am giving the show credit for doing this even if it was unintentional.

I chalked it up to a bunch of cowboy wannabe soldiers thinking they were badasses, shooting from the hip like John fucking Wayne.

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

Isn't an armistice like a major peace?  Kind of twisted that a so-named person brings nothing less than the flame-thrower.  

It's technically a short term truce, but in effect is historically the prelude to comprehensive peace.

For example, Armistice Day (11/11) isn't the end of WWI. But it's the effective end because everyone stopped shooting. But even still, the blockade of Germany remained in place until June of 1919 when the Treaty of Versailles was signed. 

This is particularly instructive to the differences (minute as they may seem) when you consider that Germany had zero seat at the table of peace and for all intents and purposes had surrendered except for the signing of the document.

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yet another Dany hater on Westeros.org...how original. :rolleyes:

And how dare you insult our ginger QB! I hope your Colts lose every game this year. :P

I'll see you opening weekend, buster. :cheers:

And for the record, I LOVE book Danny.

HBO Danny? Emilia Clarke Danny?

EWWWWWWWW :ack:

50 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

I'll see you opening weekend, buster. :cheers:

And for the record, I LOVE book Danny.

HBO Danny? Emilia Clarke Danny?

EWWWWWWWW :ack:

Not to derail the thread, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Emilia isn’t the best actress in the world (she’s not nearly as bad as some here claim) but she always nails the big stuff in the show. Her range will only improve the more she does.  

*Also, it’s Dany, not Danny. She’s not an Irishman. :P

On 5/11/2018 at 3:50 AM, Nictarion said:

Both are awesome.

Armastice is awesome, Dany is ok, I like her well enough,she’s certainly not a patch on some of her ancestors like Visenya and Daena though.

Armastice though is just snake tattooed, flame throwing awesomeness :D.

On 5/12/2018 at 3:38 AM, dbunting said:

They weren't going there to battle the hosts, they were going there to kidnap a host unharmed.

Hale was there to do that. That's why she dossed in the back with a smaller force. The main force were indeed just there to wipe them out, and were setting up to do so before Hale ever arrived on the scene.

Surely the new world is Raj World since Colonial World is a lot more general (I mean, technically, Westworld itself could count under that) and it's clearly a fetishisation of the Raj specifically?

On 5/10/2018 at 2:35 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

I think Dolores is our villain of the show, or that's what she is leading up to and Maeve is our hero. In very simplistic terms, of course it isn't a simplistic show. Either way, Maeve is my #1 and I'll be rooting for her the whole way.  

Their current behaviours make that seem likely, but I thought it was interesting, and very obvious when they met, that DoloWatt is dressed in white whereas Maeve is dressed in black. Given the symbolism of Westerns, already utilised in this show, that could be significant.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Hale was there to do that. That's why she dossed in the back with a smaller force. The main force were indeed just there to wipe them out, and were setting up to do so before Hale ever arrived on the scene.

Surely the new world is Raj World since Colonial World is a lot more general (I mean, technically, Westworld itself could count under that) and it's clearly a fetishisation of the Raj specifically?

Their current behaviours make that seem likely, but I thought it was interesting, and very obvious when they met, that DoloWatt is dressed in white whereas Maeve is dressed in black. Given the symbolism of Westerns, already utilised in this show, that could be significant.

Well, one of my favourite westerns (and films in general really) is the rather unconventional ''Johnny Guitar'' where the ''heroine'' wears black and the ''villain'' wears white! 

Have they said anything on the show about the "bombs" that each host has in them being deactivated? I know that there is something in them that would explode if they leave the park. You would think that the humans would have a way to manually trigger this as a fail safe. Maybe I missed it somewhere.

21 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Have they said anything on the show about the "bombs" that each host has in them being deactivated? I know that there is something in them that would explode if they leave the park. You would think that the humans would have a way to manually trigger this as a fail safe. Maybe I missed it somewhere.

Not that I recall.  And yes, one would think they could just trigger that, but clearly they want to retain their IP of the hosts, because as said that's the only reason for not simply bombing the shit out of them.

While immortality didn't work for James Delos, I believe it worked for Robert Ford. I think that body that was being built in his secret lab (where Arnold used to speak to Dolores and where Bernard killed Theresa) and the orb Bernard took were both for Ford. He's not a program that is messing with William, he's still alive.

My God that was a brilliant episode.  I loved the heel realization William had when he watched the Confederado dance with William's wife...he did the exact same thing in season 1 before he killed her. Death, indeed.

Poor Elsie. I hope that last shot of Bernard was not foreshadowing that he will indeed finish the job.

Kudos to the people who said Grace was in fact William's daughter Emily.

At least they didn't draw out the "mystery" that Grace was Emily.  Was clear just by what they included in the "previously on."

And very happy they brought Elsie back!  I always thought since we only saw her mostly deadTM she was still alive.  Now it seems like Ford wanted to keep her alive, based on Bernard saying "I think Ford had Clementine bring me here for a reason" (paraphrasing).

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

I think that body that was being built in his secret lab (where Arnold used to speak to Dolores and where Bernard killed Theresa) and the orb Bernard took were both for Ford. He's not not a program that is messing with William, he's still alive.

That's the simplest explanation, yeah.

Archived