HBO’s Westworld VI- This Game Is Meant For You...[SPOILERS]

Ramsay B.

In season one I'm pretty sure Ford says humanity has cured all disease or something similar. While William heads a foundation that saved another guest' wife. So there's been a lot of advancement in medical science in the (30ish?) years between the two timelines in season one. Not to mention how the modern hosts are basically humans with cyborg brains and (chekhov's?) bombs in their spines. I wonder if in retrospect William's foundation saved that guy's wife by replacing parts of her with host parts, or giving her the full "Lazarus" treatment.  

The latter assumes that as someone in this thread suggested Jim Delos's problems stemmed from when the scanned the real Delos's brain, not from the Host hardware and software. If the "brain scan technology made a huge leap two years after Delos died, that wouldn't have meant shit for him. But it could have allowed the program to succeed. While still having William direct some staff to try to see if they could salvage Jim. Edit: For his wife, but then after she was gone, why bother. 

8 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Shit you guys were right about William, and his daughter...

What day does it air because I keep catching this show late when all the discussion has been had so I'm feeling out of the loop and probably not engaging with it as much as I did with season one when I seemed to be quite on the ball. 

Sky Atlantic do a simulcast in the U.K., I think. I know they did for the premiere. That’s a thing like 2.00a.m Monday I morning I think. Otherwise it’s Monday 9pm here

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sky Atlantic do a simulcast in the U.K., I think. I know they did for the premiere. That’s a thing like 2.00a.m Monday I morning I think. Otherwise it’s Monday 9pm here

Thanks! Just not been on top of it this season 

8 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

C.R.E.A.M.- Westworld remix. Love it!

Best scene for me. Djawadi is so awesome. The ronin entrance with the Japanese version of paint it black was fun as hell too. The look between Armistice and her counterpart :lol: . 

So if Dolores mind-wiped Teddy only halfway through the first season, that means he's basically Chekhov's Gunslinger, right? I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow remembers and betrays her at some point (although it looks like it's to no avail). Or maybe that's just another layer of betrayal, and it will turn out that his betrayal was just programmed into him by the captured tech all along!

Anyways, Shogunworld was neat. I love reminders of Lee's hackishness, such as recycling all the stories again for it ("you try writing 300 narratives in 3 weeks!"). I'm not sure why Maeve waited so long to try out her mind control stuff on the Shogun and his forces, but it's another twist. 

22 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ha. Dude copies and pastes his stories to save time. 

Yup. You know if this was a real place they would get lazy and do the same type of stuff. 

The Dolores-Teddy parts reminded me of The Witcher 3:

Spoiler

Yen and Geralt wondering if it was actual true love or the curse. I actually broke Yen’s heart after lifting the curse and she was devastated. 

Poor Teddy. But I was surprised by something he said "They built us to perform for them, and for each other". He was far more aware of what was going on around him than I thought he was.

And with Maeve's flashback of her seeing William killing her and her daughter. Now I'm kinda hoping that they meet up at some point, and she's the one that finishes him off.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Poor Teddy. But I was surprised by something he said "They built us to perform for them, and for each other". He was far more aware of what was going on around him than I thought he was.

And with Maeve's flashback of her seeing William killing her and her daughter. Now I'm kinda hoping that they meet up at some point, and she's the one that finishes him off.

Yeah Teddy definitely seemed far more "woke" than he did in the third episode - meaning even after Dolores had the tech show him all his deaths.  Their biggest crutch this season has been blurring the lines on a lot of the hosts for narrative convenience.  And I think I look more forward to Maeve/William faceoff more than the next Dolores/William faceoff.

48 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

You have to wonder why there's only one writer for all the parks. You would think they could afford more. Plot convenience, I guess.

Yeah that's ridiculous.  Especially considering you could basically envision his character as the head writer or "showrunner" of the parks - in that he'd oversee all the narratives - but like Joy and Nolan, he'd staff that shit out.  Whatever, it was easily the funniest part of the episode. 

29 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Bernard mentioned in an earlier episode the hosts are connected and exchange data to keep the stories straight.

Sure, the "mesh network" is the mechanism she's using.  But how is she able to utilize that through non-verbal cues?  The shogun and co. were right to render her a witch in that regard.

I may be totally wrong, but the chicken entrails I'm reading from this ep is they're setting up for a Dolores v Maeve showdown at the end of this season, with the former as the clear villain, and Ed Harris enjoying his saving Grace-Emily with a redeeming death.  I don't like that - I love what they've done with Dolores and Maeve, but I view them as a Malcolm X - MLK dynamic, respectively.  Part of the genius of season 1 was getting the viewer to actually root for robots - eat your heart out James Cameron.  They are now ruining that with clearly making the viewer want to root against Dolores.  And I think that's poo! 

This was definitely my least favorite episode of the season, if not the series.  Everything was so overwrought, and yeah, if Maeve had so much of a connection/esteem for her geisha counterpart, why not use her Neo tricks before the shogun killed her adoptive daughter?

So is Maeve able to use the mesh of her own volition or is there a Ford or Arnold ghost in the machine?

I'm also thinking the mass "death by drowning" of hosts we're shown is a host ruse (possible sacrifice of some by Dolores) to get her army into the Mesa.  They're all carried in, just like the Trojan Horse.

Loved shogun world.  Loved that the storylines were virtually identical to Westworld in many respects, the show does a fantastic job with making the repetitions interesting.  How did Maeve access her hidden language?  Letting her have this much power over the hosts seems a little too much of a short cut.  And what was the controller that the writer found, or do we not know?  I am doubling down that the opening scene of the season is really Dolores and Bernard when she's reprogrammed him.  I hate that they have made her such a villain.  Poor Teddy.  

Overall really liked the episode.

Archived