HBO’s Westworld VI- This Game Is Meant For You...[SPOILERS]

Ramsay B.

1 hour ago, Charlie Hustle said:

How was the memory wiped from all those hosts?

I was thinking about that all night. Does Maeve do that with her access to the mind network, or does Dolores do that when she gets the tech to ramp up hosts to see if they will measure up to want she wants? If they don’t, she wipes them?

I have been thinking the drowned hosts are a Trojan horse as well. Especially since we see what seem to be training sessions between Dolores and Bernard, and it’s Dolores who’s doing the training. Dolores has the memories of Arnold that Bernard is missing, and perhaps Bernard is part of the Trojan horse.

However, they are removing all the control units from the hosts, so they are ‘dead’ once that’s done, aren’t they?

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Btw, in an interview a month or two ago in Toronto, the actor who plays Dolores said ‘you won’t be able to twist your mind enough to see where this is going’, or something like that.

OK, Bernard from the most advanced timeline (the Delos security cleanup) is really Dolores. ;)

Hiroyuki Motherfucking Sanada! And he's playing Samurai-Hector.

I loved Shogunworld and I especially loved how they re-used stories and characters from other parks.

On the other hand I am very much not feeling Maeve's magic powers. They make shit too easy and incredibly boring.

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

And what was the controller that the writer found, or do we not know? 

I thought it was making static noise and took it to be a futuristic walkie-talkie. Probably has a tracking device in it too. 

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

The inn which Teddy and Dolores stay in is the same set that was used as Farnum's hotel in Deadwood.  Did anyone else catch that or am i going nuts?

I didn't notice I'll have to watch it again with that in mind. Probably though, as Deadwood was filmed at Melody Ranch which is like a permanent western town set that's been in a lot of movies. I wouldn't be surprised if HBO went back there for Westworld. 

21 hours ago, Fall Bass said:

I'm not sure why Maeve waited so long to try out her mind control stuff on the Shogun and his forces, but it's another twist.

I think she sort of said she didn't know how to work it to Sizemore earlier. The first time she did it only when under extreme duress, maybe it literally took the sword at her neck again to work it out.

19 hours ago, Corvinus said:

You have to wonder why there's only one writer for all the parks. You would think they could afford more. Plot convenience, I guess.

Isn't he more lead writer than only writer? He writes the broad strokes and some bits he cares about (Hector's speeches mainly.)

Took me so long to work out the CREAM thing, I knew it immediately, but could not place it. And I loved the Paint it Black Shogun cover.

I'm a little worried how Dolores will do now without Teddy to exposite off of. All the assorted psychos around her, aren't exactly compelling. She basically just has Angela left. Is it weird I'm still kind of more on Dolores' side than Maeve's?

54 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I know that I'd complained after the last episode that I wasn't a huge fan of when they tried to do dramatic scenes with all hosts like when Confederate guy is terrorizing the town.  But Shogun World really worked for me for whatever reason.  That Shogun was awesomely cruel and menacing, and Akane's revenge was tremendous.  Armistice and Shogun World Armistice staring at each other close up was the best.

Did we actually have it confirmed that Sizemore is the only writer?  I got the line about him complaining about all of the 300 stories he had to write, but I didn't hear it said that he was the only writer and wondered if it could be explained with there just being so many subplots. 

I think he's the current writer. Clearly some of the narratives (Delores and Teddy) predate him by many years. Though he may have tweaked them. 

Loved Shogun world but the episode seemed a little off to me.

So Delores has no reprogrammed Teddy, likely moving up all of his killing instincts and removing his compassion. The obvious question is will he remember this. Also, when they showed that pile of hosts in the lab I could swear one was Teddy, the Trojan horse theory?

So the Shogun cut off the ears of only his lieutenants? Doesn't make any sense to do this  because Maeve could have "spoken" to all the other hosts there and still have won. I ask this because they show the LT's ears cut, but the Shogun still barks orders out loud and they are carried out, so the rest still had their hearing..? Bit of a plot hole for me

And I had same thought as @The BlackBear, that Maeve was able to tap into the Neo ability when her life was on the line. The first time was when she was being choked out, second time was with sword to her throat. Assuming she will figure it out soon enough. Does Delores also have this ability? And more importantly does this go back to Ford, who we assumed was human in that meeting with William when he controlled the hosts without speaking??????? Was he a host in that meeting?

I like the Trojan horse theory for the water deaths makes sense. In my head I was tying in the story Delores was telling Teddy about the flies and the fire. That her dad killed some of the weakest cows (like she is doing with hosts) and burned their bodies to get the flies to leave (like it could be with the hosts in the water, a diversion from her true intent and keep the humans busy).

26 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I ask this because they show the LT's ears cut, but the Shogun still barks orders out loud and they are carried out, so the rest still had their hearing..? Bit of a plot hole for me

Yeah my brother yelled the same thing at the TV when this happened - "how can they hear him?!?"

26 minutes ago, dbunting said:

And I had same thought as @The BlackBear, that Maeve was able to tap into the Neo ability when her life was on the line.

This does jive with Ford repeatedly emphasizing the hosts needed to suffer in order to evolve in the first season.

5 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah my brother yelled the same thing at the TV when this happened - "how can they hear him?!?"

This does jive with Ford repeatedly emphasizing the hosts needed to suffer in order to evolve in the first season.

But the real question there was, is Ford a host in that scene, are they showing us Maeve doing this as a clue? How else could he tap into the hosts without speaking, looking at them or moving?

23 minutes ago, dbunting said:

But the real question there was, is Ford a host in that scene, are they showing us Maeve doing this as a clue? How else could he tap into the hosts without speaking, looking at them or moving?

I hope not.  "Everyone is a host" is approaching "everyone is a Targaryen" levels.  I do think the fourth episode heavily suggested there is a host-Ford out there, and I suppose it's entirely possible Arnold gave him that red superball earlier and they're messing with the timelines.  But, I think if the explanation for Maeve's new abilities is anything tangible (as opposed to her just being Neo), I'd hope it'd be something like "she unwittingly was able to hack into Ford's code that he used to control hosts and used it through the mesh network."  In that case, she'd simply be using the same thing human Ford did to ensure absolute control of his creations.

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

I didn't notice I'll have to watch it again with that in mind. Probably though, as Deadwood was filmed at Melody Ranch which is like a permanent western town set that's been in a lot of movies. I wouldn't be surprised if HBO went back there for Westworld. 

Ah, that makes sense. SO that DEFINITELY was Farnum's hotel. 

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

And I had same thought as @The BlackBear, that Maeve was able to tap into the Neo ability when her life was on the line. The first time was when she was being choked out, second time was with sword to her throat. Assuming she will figure it out soon enough. Does Delores also have this ability? And more importantly does this go back to Ford, who we assumed was human in that meeting with William when he controlled the hosts without speaking??????? Was he a host in that meeting?

Maeve gave herself Administrative Privileges back in S1. Why they're still active I'm not sure, maybe they're a level above 'cease all motor functions' that all non-hosts have. As to how she can do it without speech: Bernard mentioned the hosts sharing information together to keep narratives working smoothly, this is probably what Maeve has tapped into.

Archived