Is Heartsbane Lightbringer?

Free folk Daemon

If Lightbringer is created from being driven into the heart of Azor Ahai's love, do you think Heartsbane could be Lightbringer? I know, this is a long shot as the idea is based solely on the sword's name. Perhaps Lightbringer varies with each Long Night, and it doesn't have to be Dawn or Longclaw ... thoughts please

22 minutes ago, Free folk Daemon said:

If Lightbringer is created from being driven into the heart of Azor Ahai's love, do you think Heartsbane could be Lightbringer? I know, this is a long shot as the idea is based solely on the sword's name. Perhaps Lightbringer varies with each Long Night, and it doesn't have to be Dawn or Longclaw ... thoughts please

Daenerys Targaryen's dragons are the Lightbringer.  One sword is not enough to fight the WWs.  A weapon capable of mass destruction is needed to get rid of the wights and the Others.

Oddly enough after the story's finally done, people will still be debating what exactly Lightbringer was, who was the PtwP, etc. I don't think Martin's going to spell these things out, just finish the story and let us draw our own conclusions.

15 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Oddly enough after the story's finally done, people will still be debating what exactly Lightbringer was, who was the PtwP, etc. I don't think Martin's going to spell these things out, just finish the story and let us draw our own conclusions.

I agree.

Just look at Daenerys for example - she has so many titles and different people use different titles to refer to her. Over time Lightbringer probably got retitled something (or multiple things) in different songs and stories. And that's assuming it is a burning sword, let alone something that metaphorically brought lightness in dark times. 

In regards to the OP, its not impossible. Their are only a handful of Valyrian steel swords in the world (lost or not), so their names need to have some significant (Oathkeeper for example). Similar to how the names of each Direwolf have significant literal relevance.

41 minutes ago, Mat92 said:

In regards to the OP, its not impossible. Their are only a handful of Valyrian steel swords in the world (lost or not), so their names need to have some significant (Oathkeeper for example). Similar to how the names of each Direwolf have significant literal relevance.

Except Valyrian swords doesn't predate Valyria, which was foundes thousands of years after the long night.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Except Valyrian swords doesn't predate Valyria, which was foundes thousands of years after the long night.

I mean the names GRRM gave the swords as the author, not the people in the story naming the swords. 

Heartsbane is a Valyrian steel blade, and Lightbringer wasn't.

I think that Valyrian steel was forged in dragonbreath. Thus prior Valyrians tamed dragons, 5(or 6)000 years ago, and after the Doom of Valyria, 400+ years ago, Valyrian steel didn't existed/wasn't forged anew.

It is known, that Azor Ahai forged Lightbringer in a sacred flames in a temple. Based on the fact, that the source of information about Azor Ahai, is Asshai, and the origin of R'hllor's religion probably also Asshai, most likely the temple in which Lightbringer was forged, is also in Asshai.

I came to conclusion that Azor Ahai probably was High Priest of R'hllor. Why else would they let some guy to forge his sword in their temple's sacred flames for 6!!! months? Also only followers of R'hllor think that the fire is sacred. So Lightbringer was forged in R'hllor's temple. Thus R'hllor's religion is much older than Valyrians and dragons. And even though currently main temple of R'hllor and his High Priest are in Volantis, that temple was created much later. Because Volantis is first city of Valyrian Freehold, thus it's younger than Valyria, and younger than the temple in which Lightbringer was forged. 

Could be that the information about Azor Ahai wasn't lost, even though thousands years passed. Because either the legend was carved on the walls of R'hllor's temple in Asshai, or it was passed from one High Priest of R'hllor to his successor thru fire-visions. Thus what they know about first Long Night, is not a mere legend, it's as good as documentary/video chronicle, in which Azor Ahai himself recorded what he went thru, including how he forged Lightbringer, how he killed his wife, and other details, and all of them were passed on to his successor, without alterations, caused by time or loss of information.

So Lightbringer is made of some other material, not Valyrian steel. Thus Heartsbane is not Lightbringer.

Could be that Dawn sword of Daynes is Lightbringer. That sword was forged out of falling star/meteorite ore. And according to Asshai's prophecy about rebirth of Azor Ahai, prior his appearance, there will be a Bleeding Star/Red Comet passing above Planetos. So could be that it's the same comet, then and now. Thousands years ago, when first Dayne forged his sword, the same Bleeding Star was passing near Planetos, and a piece of it has fallen on the planet's surface as meteorite. When that comet was passing near Planetos, it caused first Long Night to happen. Now it appeared again, and second Long Night will also happen soon. I'm not saying that the comet is a reason why the walking dead appeared on the planet, then and now, more like probably that comet is going in circles around Planetos, on a big orbit, probably across their planetary system, but when some unnatural force is causing certain changes on the planet, then that same force is drawing that comet closer to the planet's surface.

I think that Asshai's Shadow is a giant space ship, on which million years ago first dragons and their masters came to Planetos. Maybe that ship is Haviland Tuf's seedship of Federal Empire's Ecological Engineering Corps, the Ark. And the dragons are either from Tuf's private zoo, or they are result of his hobby - genetic engineering. It's from GRRM's sci-fi series Tuf Voyaging. The Ark was able to affect planetary climates, and create monsters. So probably unnatural seasons on Planetos, the Others, and the walking dead virus, all of it is caused by that space ship, that is hanging above Asshai.

Archived