Fat Walda's Future

Roose Bolton believes his future sons with Walda will be murdered by Ramsay.  Walda is far from stupid.  The Freys are keen observers and they know how to play games.  It won't take long for this woman to figure what kind of a man his stepson is.  What can Lady Bolton do to keep her future sons (assuming she will have one or two, because the Freys are fertile) safe from Ramsay?  What are her best (but realistic) options?

I like Fat Walda.  It would not upset me to have her son with Roose inherit the north.

She only has three options really.

1) Do nothing and hope things work out. Good chance Ramsay will end up getting himself killed before he can move against Walda.

2) Flee before Ramsay can make his move. Not exactly a practical move given winter and Stannis are closing in. Not to mention this will jeopardize her position in of itself and Walder isn't likely to take her back in. 

3) Strike first and kill Ramsay before she's killed.

She's in a bad position because Roose has said that a child Lord can be a disaster. The reason Roose tolerates Ramsay is that he has no real alternative at this point, though he's shown that he despises Ramsay. He'd more than likely not do anything to Ramsay if harm were to come to a son by Fat Walda. Her main personal protection is that Roose likes her and would get upset if Ramsay harmed her, but that wouldn't extend to an heir. 

Maybe she has some of that drug that has dogs turn on their masters, the one Jaqen used on Weese's dog.

Personally, i don't think that Ramsay would be serious threat to her, he would be dead after Stannis takes Winterfell, unless he escape from justice.

Now, real question is what would Stannis do about her? Spare her, but reduce to common woman? Send her to silent sisters? Kill her to please northmen?

55 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Spare her, but reduce to common woman?

How could he do that? She was born a noble, she will die a noble. She has no titles to loose…

Stannis would probably ransom her.  Anyway I can't see him killing her; not his style.

2 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Roose Bolton believes his future sons with Walda will be murdered by Ramsay.  Walda is far from stupid.  The Freys are keen observers and they know how to play games.  It won't take long for this woman to figure what kind of a man his stepson is.  What can Lady Bolton do to keep her future sons (assuming she will have one or two, because the Freys are fertile) safe from Ramsay?  What are her best (but realistic) options?

I like Fat Walda.  It would not upset me to have her son with Roose inherit the north.

some freys are keen observers. Others, like Merritt are drunken sobs who can't even get drunk properly when needed. Since Walda is the latter's son, and the apple does not fall far from the tree, I can't imagine that she is anything other than a fat girl who was married off for her weight in silver to the lord paramount of the north 

I don't think she really has any options at this stage. She's probably a lot safer in her current situation, with a tonne of Freys occupying Winterfell. But Ramsey is definitely smart enough to know that as soon as any kids are born, he's out. 

So I imagine he'll kill her at some point before the books end, or at the very least she'll die from some other cause. Freys in the North can't be the end goal for this story.

18 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

She only has three options really.

1) Do nothing and hope things work out. Good chance Ramsay will end up getting himself killed before he can move against Walda.

2) Flee before Ramsay can make his move. Not exactly a practical move given winter and Stannis are closing in. Not to mention this will jeopardize her position in of itself and Walder isn't likely to take her back in. 

3) Strike first and kill Ramsay before she's killed.

I don't know how smart Fat Walda is, but these options seem reasonable though I doubt she seems to be the kind of person who would take the 3rd option.

8 minutes ago, The South Forgets said:

This isn't the show, show!Ramsay is an evil badass, book!Ramsay is an evil idiot, almost cartoonish. I don't see him surviving the Battle of Ice

He already has survived and it is Stannis who got his ass beat.  There is more truth than lie to the Pink Letter.  

58 minutes ago, The South Forgets said:

book!Ramsay is an evil idiot,

He isn't among smartest persons in Westeros, but i wouldn't call him complete idiot, like Joffrey. He managed to deceive Rodrick by switching his place with Reek, manipulated Theon and even Roose said that he have little guile. However, i aggre that Stannis will defeat him, but whether will he die during Siege of Winterfell or escape is another question.

19 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Personally, i don't think that Ramsay would be serious threat to her, he would be dead after Stannis takes Winterfell, unless he escape from justice.

Now, real question is what would Stannis do about her? Spare her, but reduce to common woman? Send her to silent sisters? Kill her to please northmen?

Why do you presume that Stannis will take Winterfell?

Anyways, if he does, I don't see him killing her. Unless she has a baby. Then the pressure from Northern people will be to execute her along with the traitor's baby in her belly.

5 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Why do you presume that Stannis will take Winterfell?

Anyways, if he does, I don't see him killing her. Unless she has a baby. Then the pressure from Northern people will be to execute her along with the traitor's baby in her belly.

I'm not 100% sure that he will take Winterfell, perhaps he will die along with Boltons during Siege.

I don't think that Northmen will want to execute pregnant woman, but even if they want, in an end Stannis's decision would be final.

Big picture - Walda's future is tied to the success of her husband keeping his lordship and wardenship.  That is tied to the Lannisters remaining in power and the alliance with House Frey staying intact.  

It would not be hard at all for Walda to bribe someone to kill Ramsay if she is the kind of person who would do such a thing.  Ramsay's extracurricular activities is known by more than a few people and it should have already raised alarms in Walda's brain.  But we're getting ahead of ourselves.  It is not confirmed that Walda has a boy in her belly.

Archived