The battle of blood

On 6/3/2018 at 6:03 AM, MostlyMoody said:

Whatever happens at Oldtown is personally one of my most anticipated storylines.

Hide contents

First off we have many familiar characters intersecting - Sam, Sarella Sand, Archmaester Marwyn, Jaqen H' ghar, the strange Hightower family, and of course Euron's fleet. This has to be going somewhere and the fact that I can't imagine what most of their motivations are makes it that much more exciting.

Now as to what Euron is planning. Could very well be he plans to outwit Redwynes and Hightowers, could also be he is trying to summon a Kraken. Sounds crazy probably but well within the lines of Euron's insanity and aspirations to godhood; if he can indeed bait a kraken with all the blood he has been leaving in his wake and put on a show while doing it it will only solidify him as this godlike figure among his followers and enemies. Funny thing is that nothing about it has to be magical even if he might claim it to be. He is killing worshippers of different religions as a sacrifice, but it doesn't have to be them, it's just for show and to make a point. In an earlier Arianne chapter we are introduced to the idea that krakens are attracted to the surface by blood in the Stepstones.

Either way I believe Euron will sack Oldtown mirroring the Sacking of Baghdad from history, the loss of knowledge and the established Maester monopoly over it. And I think Samwells role in all of this is to salvage it for future generations.

House Celtigar of Claw Isle is said to have a horn that can summon krackens.  I wouldn't be surprised if that old pirate Sallador Saan sacked the island and the horn made it's way to the Greyjoys. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2018 at 9:18 PM, Littlefinger's crewman said:

In The Winds of Winter there will be a huge sea battle near Oldtown. King Euron will fight against Hightower's and Redwyne's fleets in a narrow passage between Arbor and Oldtown. Why has Euron chosen this location for the battle ? He will be surrounded by the enemy and he will have every way to escape closed. And at the end, who will be the winner of the battle?

Maybe he does the same as Stannis did to him. Drive the fleets to him in the Arbor Straights and than attack with the biggest part of his fleet from both sides, so that the Redwyns and Hightowers got stuck. Krakens close to the Arbore seems like a Stretch in mine opinion, but it would be cool.

Archived