Bakker LIV - Soul Sphincter

.H.

I'd just get a dragon tattoo with empty eye sockets and the words WHAT DO YOU SEE? (just pretend it's Capslock dragon talking after the No-God assumes full control).  Obviously you'd have to design it properly but conceptually I think it could work well.

Thank you so much .H. Those crescents might be a good contender. I’ve come across a lot of symbology that would make for a cool tattoo, but I’m getting this on the top of my hand, so the design has to be somewhat simple. The copper tree, circumfix, twin swords of Fane, the banner of Sil, Esmenet’s tattoo, the three headed wolf in the black halls of Cil-Aujis, there’s plenty in there, but I’m kind of picky. When I think back on the series, the dream sequences are some of my favorite passages, thus the idea of getting something involving Seswatha/Celmomas/Nau-Cayuti. A symbol for the mandate would be cool. I was imagining a hand grasping a heart. Appreciate everyone’s help! 

Oh and a friend of mine came up with the genius idea of the skin eater symbol. A gumless lower mandible, but that might be hard to translate to a tattoo. That would make more of a cool T-shirt lol 

I would think the Circumfix would be memorable and something that speaks to Kellhus, the Anasurimbors, a nice symbol for this series.

On a separate note, I wonder how many Bakker tattoo's Kalbear has.

Edit: While searching for Circumfix images ( I really like this idea) I found a Reddit thread where someone else asked for Earwa suggestions as well.

2 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I'm changing my answer.  I want an ouroborous wracu autofellating itself with the caption "IS TRUTH NOT INFINITE"

ETA: could always add to it later with a waathi doll scraping it away

Love it. 

A golden sarcophagus with a “WHAT DO YOU SEE?” could work also. 

If you want to get Meta, you could have a tattoo of Kel with halo hands. Interesting conversation starter when people ask you about your Jesus tattoo. 

2 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

A "Slog of slogs!" tattoo would be solid but should be given somewhat exclusively.  Only for those souls so decrepit that they participated in some Bakker-esque slog.

The wathi doll chipping away at it is brilliant.

On a totally different note I am finally, years after its release, watching Prometheus.  Holy fucking Nonman.  

Yeah I just saw it last year and that is pretty much how I'd imagined them!

8 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

A "Slog of slogs!" tattoo would be solid but should be given somewhat exclusively.  Only for those souls so decrepit that they participated in some Bakker-esque slog.

A real chopper!

To the coffers boys!!!

Archived