NBA playoffs 2018 - Raptors over Cavs in 6

Red Tiger

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

AL HORFORD

I saw the stat line when he came to the line that said he only had 11 points today, and I was stunned.  He was everywhere in the last two minutes of regulation and overtime.

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

I love that Philly fans in the arena seemed to think they'd won it at the buzzer too.  Even more painful.  

They had to wait for the confetti to stop falling.

That hurts.

14 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I saw the stat line when he came to the line that said he only had 11 points today, and I was stunned.  He was everywhere in the last two minutes of regulation and overtime.

He was also the one who sealed it the other night, when he blew by Embiid of all people for a layup.

Yeah, so, more of that.

Of interest to Raps fans, as he has done before when benched, Derozan sat alone wearing a towel while the rest of the team was on it’s feet cheering the comeback. Not a great look. 

2 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

I stand by my original statement. Philly is hot garbage. Holy shit SO many unclutch turnovers in crunch time. That was like, almost embarrassing just to watch 

I havent seen a team literally throw a game away like that since ...well...never. 

So, baring something truly shocking, we are going to get a Boston-Cleveland final.  Both these teams made massive off-season moves, including the at the time epic Irving-Thomas trade.  The weird thing is that none of the major veterants either team added (if memory serves) are involved in this off-season.  For the Celtics, Irving and their other major pick up Hayward, are both out with serious injuries.  Yes, the Celtics did bring in a lot of young talent through the draft, but the plan clearly was to build around the two new veterans.  For Cleveland, none of the players they gained in the now infamous trade worked out.  Chowder and Thomas, along with fellow off-season pick-up Wade, are no longer with the team.  Typically for an organization to shake things up so significantly going into a season and then have those moves pan out so badly would be disastrous.  Yet, we will have two teams in exactly that boat in a conference finals.  What a strange season.  

*Yes, Hayward and Irving could still pan out for Boston. But they were brought in for an immediate impact.  Irving was doing just that before his injury.  It appeared at the time that his loss was the nail in the Celtics season but they are playing great despite the holes in their roster.  

6 hours ago, davos said:

So, baring something truly shocking, we are going to get a Boston-Cleveland final.  Both these teams made massive off-season moves, including the at the time epic Irving-Thomas trade.  The weird thing is that none of the major veterants either team added (if memory serves) are involved in this off-season.  For the Celtics, Irving and their other major pick up Hayward, are both out with serious injuries.  Yes, the Celtics did bring in a lot of young talent through the draft, but the plan clearly was to build around the two new veterans.  For Cleveland, none of the players they gained in the now infamous trade worked out.  Chowder and Thomas, along with fellow off-season pick-up Wade, are no longer with the team.  Typically for an organization to shake things up so significantly going into a season and then have those moves pan out so badly would be disastrous.  Yet, we will have two teams in exactly that boat in a conference finals.  What a strange season.  

*Yes, Hayward and Irving could still pan out for Boston. But they were brought in for an immediate impact.  Irving was doing just that before his injury.  It appeared at the time that his loss was the nail in the Celtics season but they are playing great despite the holes in their roster.  

Good analysis. I'd add that I think most of us (definitely me included) underrated the strength of Boston's roster outside of Irving/Hayward; their younger talent (Brown, Tatum, Rozier) are generally playing lights out, their veterans like Horford are bringing maturity and composure to the team (something that Philly is sorely lacking), and Stevens is tying it all together beautifully with his exceptional coaching. 

It's really been something to watch and also makes me feel better about the Bucks taking them to seven. We were getting a lot of shit for losing that series against a "crippled" Boston, just another indicator I think that people underestimated the team. 

Of all the incarnations of Lebron we've seen (2009 physical wonder Lebron, 2013 refined champion Lebron, 2016 making the GOAT argument Lebron) watching him now I think this right now represents him at his highest level. He can't defend like he used to, but offensively he now demonstrates the highest level mastery in terms of how he controls every facet of the offense and how he conserves and maximizes every ounce of energy he extends on the floor. 

But the biggest thing is he's just a Jordanesque stone cold killer in a way that I don't recall previously. His complete mental domination of a 59 win team, the extent he's in their head constantly, and then ability to rip their heart out time and again when it does look like they're about to get it together is something to behold. 

32 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Another thing that's mind-blowing about Lebron is his durability when you consider how much wear and tear ought to be on him.  He hasn't just played postseason games every year.  He's played almost the max possible number of postseason series every bleeping year for some time now.  

He's played in 227 playoff games thus far in his career, which is almost three full additional regular seasons.  Assuming the Cavs make the Finals, he'll be right at that mark when this year's playoffs are done.

Man, I don't know if there is any talented player less enjoyable to watch in the NBA than James Harden. His foul drawing is so fucking irritating. Just saw a stat that he's got 1,200 more FT attempts in the last 6 seasons (at ~4,700) than the next most FT attempts per player. Gross

Archived