NBA playoffs 2018 - Raptors over Cavs in 6

Red Tiger

2 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Better. Curry does not care about being the first option scoring-wise and he is a far better passer. He would have enjoyed feeding them the ball.

What Curry did seems unprecedented. When has another guy with Curry's credentials, who is in the peak of his career, just handed over his team to another player, who while slightly better, had yet to accomplish what Curry had? 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

What Curry did seems unprecedented. When has another guy with Curry's credentials, who is in the peak of his career, just handed over his team to another player, who while slightly better, had yet to accomplish what Curry had? 

See, I don't agree with your phrasing. It's not that Curry handed anything over, it's that Curry realized that Durant was probably the better scoring option.  That does not mean that Curry stopped being the alpha-dog so to speak, it just means that he leads in a different way.

It's not like he went from being Batman to being Robin, it's more like Batman welcoming Superman to the crew.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dwyane Wade? 

They just showed a video of Cleveland winning the lottery and drafting local phenom Lebron James.

Now Phoenix wins the lottery and the top prospect just so happens to play at Arizona?

Yeah... and the NBA wonders why people think the lottery is rigged.

ESPN has the worst programming.

"Lets go to our front office insider Bobby Marks in New York."  All he did was stand in front of an interactive plasma screen with the Phoenix Suns lineup showing and he clicked a few buttons to provide a visual aid of what the lineup would look like with the two candidates each joining.  GROUNDBREAKING STUFF ESPN.

Lebron went 42/10/12 and lost by 13. Shit has gotten real. 

Either he's got a 50/15/18 in him to right the ship or maybe someone besides Love provides any help at all, whichever is easier. 

~CaVs In FiVe~ 

idiots lolz

How many wins from the Celtics will it take for people to realize that they are actually a legitimate team without Kyrie and Hayward, and that they are outmatching Cleveland in this series?? 

1 hour ago, IamMe90 said:

~CaVs In FiVe~ 

idiots lolz

How many wins from the Celtics will it take for people to realize that they are actually a legitimate team without Kyrie and Hayward, and that they are outmatching Cleveland in this series?? 

The saying goes it is not a series until you win on the road. 

Disrespect has been working great for The Celtics so far.

1 hour ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

Not to be too snarky, but don't you say that just about every year? 

I don't think so? I might have said it last year, because this Warriors team is just fucking ridiculous. 2016 was great, 2015 was pretty good, 2014 was great...

This year the first round was fun, but the second round erased most of it, and this third round is just a pit stop on the road for the Warriors getting another title.  The only drama remaining is to see if the Cavs make a comeback, and even that is essentially irrelevant re: the championship. 

24 minutes ago, Relic said:

I don't think so? I might have said it last year, because this Warriors team is just fucking ridiculous. 2016 was great, 2015 was pretty good, 2014 was great...

This year the first round was fun, but the second round erased most of it, and this third round is just a pit stop on the road for the Warriors getting another title.  The only drama remaining is to see if the Cavs make a comeback, and even that is essentially irrelevant re: the championship. 

This Warriors team is indeed ridiculous, but so has been LeBron's hegemony, and I grow increasingly tired of it. The Warriors at least represent something comparatively "new" for the game. And a Celtics vs. Warriors matchup would at least be more novel than yet another Warriors vs. Cavs matchup.

1 hour ago, Relic said:

You depressing fuck!

Spoiler

I agree with everything you said.:(

Archived