NBA playoffs 2018 - Raptors over Cavs in 6

Red Tiger

One of the things that will help the Celtics most going into next season is that Marcus Smart will no longer be on the roster. That guy is a disaster. I don't care how good he is on defense, because anything he can do on that end is more than negated by the fact that he just bombs 3s at a high volume despite being one of the worst shooters in the league. It's like if Andre Roberson all of a sudden started jacking 10 shots a game.

15 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

There's another option, but that one is even more unlikely. By which I mean, impossible.

Option 3 is that OKC starts to win titles without KD, in which case history will say that KD was partially to blame for OKC not getting to the promised land.

I call it impossible, because OKC is really shitty in regards to building teams. They caught lightning in a bottle by getting KD, Westbrook and Harden, but have taken a nosedive in gathering talent ever since.

I suspect that the narrative will end up being that OKC could not give KD the necessary pieces to win championships, so he had no choice but to go elsewhere to get his well-earned ring. It's cold as hell and unfair, but history is after all written by the winners.

I didn’t even think to include that scenario, given, as you said, it’s not possible. Honestly the last legacy of Durant’s move might be a negative reflection on Westbrook rather than one on Durant.

…………………………………………………………….

I meant to say this yesterday, but game 4 was the deciding game in the Cavs-Celtics series. If the Celtics won, they would have won in 5, but if the Cavs won, they’d take the series in 6 or 7. Last night felt like it will be 6. Boston is better, but their youth is starting to show. Maybe they can still pull it out, but it will have to be in 7. There’s no way the Cavs lose game 6.

6 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Rodman? Maybe. Wilt and Kareem? Nah, absolutely not. Wilt joined the Lakers when Elgin Baylor was literally on his last legs. Kareem went to the Lakers when it had lost Wilt.

Wilt joined a Lakers team that made the Finals the year before.  So yes, he applies.  Kareem doesn't you are right though, misremembered the year.

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

Wilt joined a Lakers team that made the Finals the year before.  So yes, he applies.  Kareem doesn't you are right though, misremembered the year.

It's not that simple. The Lakers made the finals yes, but the conferences were as lop-sided back then as the NFC/AFC thing was from 85 to 97. The west was far weaker than the East, between 58 and 71 there were no Western champions. So even if a Western team skate-walked to the finals, they were gonna lose when they got there and not just against the Celtics, against the Knicks too.

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I am so happy this thread is almost full and will soon be locked and will disappear deep into the pages of this section. Every time I see the title my stomach hurts. :bawl:

I mean…way to incentivize us into make a title like:

NBA 2018 Playoffs: Are the Celtics Going To Raptor?

Also, I didn’t realize you were a bball fan.

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mean…way to incentivize us into make a title like:

NBA 2018 Playoffs: Are the Celtics Going To Raptor?

Also, I didn’t realize you were a bball fan.

"Will the Celtics be Raptored" makes a better title, methinks. Invokes the Rapture and everything.

Also, no, because they already won two games. If they proceed to collapse and lose the next four, there's probably a different comparison that fits better.

44 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

"Will the Celtics be Raptored" makes a better title, methinks. Invokes the Rapture and everything.

Also, no, because they already won two games. If they proceed to collapse and lose the next four, there's probably a different comparison that fits better.

Hahaha, you guys are sooooo touchy. You know what A knick fan would do to trade places with you? 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Hahaha, you guys are sooooo touchy. You know what A knick fan would do to trade places with you? 

I honestly have no idea what you think I was being touchy about here. I suggested a more poetically flowing thread title. I recognize how fortunate we are and have said so numerous times.

Am I touchy for thinking that losing a series in six after winning the first two is not the same as getting swept?

1 hour ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

hear hear

Saddest hype man ever. Don't worry - Philadelphia fans will always be considered among the worst. Deserved or not (it's deserved).

eta- Can probably leave this in the dumpster of an old thread. Then again -- SBT may use it as a pool. Better lock and fill it in. :)

https://billypenn.com/2016/08/03/the-city-of-philadelphia-is-cracking-down-on-dumpster-pools/ 

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Okay, guy who goes on unhinged rants about liberals and threatens people in real life because someone pointed out it's shitty to say "Ebonics."

We're in the conversation of basketball now.  I know it's difficult for you but please stay on topic.  And as I've stated before, new thread.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Oh I know, and you guys still do have a chance. I just thought it would be a funny title.

Archived