The future of this subforum(s) post-Fire and Blood

The current format is just "General ASOIAF discussion" with a subforum on "re-read" of ASOIAF and a subforum on "The World of Ice and Fire".

Technically I guess we fell into treating the prequel novellas as ....extensions of the World book?  ....and tended to discuss that here though it was never formally stated I think.

Will the release of "Fire and Blood" mean creating a separate subforum?

I think it would make more sense to *retitle*  this subforum, and its description, just to make that clear:  Something like "World of Ice and Fire - including Fire & Blood and prequel eras"....I'll let the marketing boys come up with a better name.  "Yandel and Gyldayn's histories" doesn't jump out at new people.

The other option would be to make subforums by format release or chronological era (mirroring Star Wars stuff)...but it's all one rich tapestry and not really worth that many divisions.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Plus TPaTQ and TRP.

Well, FaB is going to include those two pieces as well as TSotD, so we'll no longer have any reason to refer to them all that much. Nor to TWoIaF where the history of House Targaryen is concerned.

Archived