U.S. Politics: The Flood Shall Wash Away The Cobbs

Jace, Extat

2 hours ago, Notone said:

Trump's boss in Moscow can't be happy about that. Let's see if Mueller gets an envelope with some paper trails and a video tape of a hotel Room in Russia from an anomynous source

Yeah, once they get the tape, Trump will no longer be able to claim yellow journalism.

Think really carefully - if you are Putin, when is the time of maximum benefit to show your hand?

It's not when Trump is being impeached. It's after it. Why? He won't be convicted, there's a less than 0% chance the Republicans will want their Fuehrer behind bars.

Surviving impeachment, though, is tantamount to being proclaimed innocent. Has anyone ever tested if you can survive impeachment and still be criminally charged after leaving office? Would that contravene double jeopardy laws?

For Putin, who cares?

Wait until after Trump survives, and then release a tape. Show the world how broken America is, that they cannot stand against a tyrant in office. He doesn't want to own Trump as such, he wants to destroy US influence around the world. Then, at the next G20 meeting (after Trump has an hour long one-on-one meeting, of course) who will leaders listen to? Russia and China, the emerging political players? Or the USA, a country so devoid of functioning systems that they elected a crime lord and kept him in office despite all of the fallout?

2 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

The epitome of white privellege, threaten nuclear war, get nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
The Nobel Peace Prize has been a joke for a while, now it just went full on irrelevant as fuck.

Every year nutballs get nominated, this year is no different. He's been floated as a nominee in 2016 and 2017.   Of course he wasn't prez then, but still he shouldn't have been nominated this time either.  it's just GOP ass kissing.

Michael Caputo, a regular CNN contributor who worked on the Trump campaign almost from the start through to the Republican convention, was interviewed by the Mueller team today. He compared it to a proctology exam by a large handed person. He also just appeared before the Capital Hill investigation, and said they were net fishing while the Mueller team was spear fishing.

The interviewers, he said, knew more about what he did on the campaign than he did. The interview was extremely intense. They had notes, e-mails, texts and God knows what else. Caputo said he suspects he will be called as a witness for the defence before the Grand Jury eventually, and the Mueller team wanted to nail down his evidence. The team was very professional, polite, he said, but not friendly. When asked if anyone played good cop, bad cop, he said no, there were three bad cops. And it wasn't an experience he ever wanted to go through again.

Caputo also says he has spent $125,000 on legal fees, money he doesn't have, and will likely lose his house and have to move to a smaller town somewhere. There's supposed to be a fund out there to help people with their legal bills, but no one has contacted him yet.

The grim side of hanging out with the Donald.

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

Would that contravene double jeopardy laws?

Interesting question.  Without researching, this is how I would answer:  Double jeopardy attaches when a defendant is tried for a crime by the judiciary, and in the case of more serious crimes with the right to demand a jury trial. Therefore, I opine that it is not double jeopardy, and an official removed from office by the impeachment process would be susceptible to indictment by a grand jury and trial before judge and jury.  That said, with precedent of any sort lacking in the USA, I would expect the question to be decided by the US Supreme Court after indictment but before trial. 

Breaking News

Rudy Giuliani says Donald Trump repaid Michael Cohen the $130,000 Michael Cohen paid to Stormy Daniels, so there was no campaign finance violation.

CNN is pointing out that Giuliani does not say when Trump repaid the money.

This is a bombshell because Cohen has repeatedly said the money used was his personal funds and he had never been reimbursed, and that Trump did not know about the payment.

Giuliana was talking on Fox, and once again CNN was monitoring Fox.

Giuliani went on to say that Trump didn't know the specifics, but Cohen went on his own and solved problems for Trump.

And Trump repaid him through his retainer. Bit by bit. Helps out Cohen in his taxes.

Lol.

50 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Michael Caputo, a regular CNN contributor who worked on the Trump campaign almost from the start through to the Republican convention, was interviewed by the Mueller team today. He compared it to a proctology exam by a large handed person. He also just appeared before the Capital Hill investigation, and said they were net fishing while the Mueller team was spear fishing.

The interviewers, he said, knew more about what he did on the campaign than he did. The interview was extremely intense. They had notes, e-mails, texts and God knows what else. Caputo said he suspects he will be called as a witness for the defence before the Grand Jury eventually, and the Mueller team wanted to nail down his evidence. The team was very professional, polite, he said, but not friendly. When asked if anyone played good cop, bad cop, he said no, there were three bad cops. And it wasn't an experience he ever wanted to go through again.

Caputo also says he has spent $125,000 on legal fees, money he doesn't have, and will likely lose his house and have to move to a smaller town somewhere. There's supposed to be a fund out there to help people with their legal bills, but no one has contacted him yet.

Good. Fuck all these collaborators. May they all die penniless and scorned.

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

He seems to think since Trump used private money it wasn't a campaign violation. Is that true?

Since they throw so much bs around, you can't be sure of anything. It will be a fact driven situation, but legal commentators have had difficulty figuring out what facts would support Giuliani's claims. They in fact think Giuliani blew up a bomb instead.

I love how my congressman is leading a push on investigating SNAP fraud on NY State but is silent over Trump's pay-off money and platinum security golf outings.  I've been working right in his neighborhood this week and hope to flip him the double bird next time I see him.  I imagine he comes home on weekends.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Breaking News

Rudy Giuliani says Donald Trump repaid Michael Cohen the $130,000 Michael Cohen paid to Stormy Daniels, so there was no campaign finance violation.

CNN is pointing out that Giuliani does not say when Trump repaid the money.

This is a bombshell because Cohen has repeatedly said the money used was his personal funds and he had never been reimbursed, and that Trump did not know about the payment.

I am genuinely curious as to how his marriage survives this sort of news. I know that Melania knew what she was getting herself into - she was one of his mistresses to wife #2 after all - but the fact she was a new mum isn't at all a huge sting?

I am seriously worried, what with all of the other stuff Trump does with thugs, that Melania is under the threat of violence.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I have read a bit about him after reading this. It seems that he worked as a propaganda creator for Vladimir Putin. His role was to improve Putin's public image.

Given all that goes in Russia, hardly the bastion of human rights, I really don't care whatsoever about the money it cost him to explain himself. An American who made his money working for Putin? No wonder he hung out with Trump.

I hope they interview him again, so he has to fork out another $125,000 for lawyers to explain why his complete lack of morality is justified.

21 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I have read a bit about him after reading this. It seems that he worked as a propaganda creator for Vladimir Putin. His role was to improve Putin's public image.

Given all that goes in Russia, hardly the bastion of human rights, I really don't care whatsoever about the money it cost him to explain himself. An American who made his money working for Putin? No wonder he hung out with Trump.

I hope they interview him again, so he has to fork out another $125,000 for lawyers to explain why his complete lack of morality is justified.

Uhhhhhhhhhh....he went to Russia and worked for Boris Yeltsin and helped him get re-elected as president for a second term. I think the West was pretty happy with Yeltsin. Putin at the time was a rising star in Yeltsin's government, and when Yeltsin was forced to resign took over as acting President, which is when Caputo apparently briefly worked for Gazprom, according to Wikipedia.

More:  https://investigaterussia.org/players/michael-caputo

In 1994, after the fall of the Soviet Union, Caputo moved to Russia and worked for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Caputo got along better with Kremlin officials than U.S officials and lost his job in 1995 for going against the State Department by defending a Russian Election Commission decision to disqualify a progressive political party. Caputo stayed in Russia and opened his own consulting practice to help Western companies acclimate. He also says he advised President Boris Yeltsin’s re-election campaign and helped the new Russian government set up more open election laws. When the Russian economy tanked, so did his business. Caputo moved back to the U.S. in 2000 and consulted for Gazprom Media, a subsidiary of the Russian state-owned energy company Gazprom. After series of failed ventures, he eventually moved to Miami Beach to work with Roger Stone and open Michael Caputo Public Relations. Today, Caputo is partnered with Sergey "George" Petrushin who owns Russia-based PR firm Zeppelin Productions.

When a Forbes correspondent was murdered in Moscow in 2004, Caputo wrote a column for The Washington Post about Russia’s brutal oligarchs and started getting death threats.

Caputo took on a range of PR work over the following years, but his most high profile client turned out to be MercExchange, which sued eBay for patent infringement. In 2007, he moved to Ukraine to consult on a parliamentary campaign. Back in the U.S. in 2010, Caputo signed on to run Carl Paladino’s gubernatorial campaign. The two men reunited in 2016 to work on getting Trump the Republican nomination in New York.

I don't think describing him as "an American working for Putin" is either accurate or fair.

It is interesting though how Roger Stone and working in the Ukraine is a common theme with a lot of these guys.

My point is, hanging out with Trump is a shitty business. I personally loathe Caputo because of the way he twists facts when on CNN. 

14 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Uhhhhhhhhhh....he went to Russia and worked for Boris Yeltsin and helped him get re-elected as president for a second term. I think the West was pretty happy with Yeltsin. Putin at the time was a rising star in Yeltsin's government, and when Yeltsin was forced to resign took over as acting President, which is when Caputo apparently briefly worked for Gazprom, according to Wikipedia.

More:  https://investigaterussia.org/players/michael-caputo

I don't think describing him as "an American working for Putin" is either accurate or fair.

It is interesting though how Roger Stone and working in the Ukraine is a common theme with a lot of these guys.

My point is, hanging out with Trump is a shitty business. I personally loathe Caputo because of the way he twists facts when on CNN. 

Caputo's role in Gazprom seems to have been to improve Putin's standing. And this was in 2000, well after Putin was known as a fairly hard man to cross. Putin was already accused of corruption before his first time as acting president, when he was in charge of St Petersburg. That's on the Wikipedia page and on the link you provided.

And I think the west wasn't so much happy with Yeltsin as they were pleased he was drunken and ineffective and further diminished Russia's influence in the aftermath of the Soviet Union's fall.

38 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Has anyone been punished yet for making the mistake of referring to the Pony Empress as simply the Pony Queen?  Woe to the fool who makes this mistake.  

Much like the tides of justice, Jace is ever flowing.

9 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Caputo's role in Gazprom seems to have been to improve Putin's standing. And this was in 2000, well after Putin was known as a fairly hard man to cross. Putin was already accused of corruption before his first time as acting president, when he was in charge of St Petersburg. That's on the Wikipedia page and on the link you provided.

And I think the west wasn't so much happy with Yeltsin as they were pleased he was drunken and ineffective and further diminished Russia's influence in the aftermath of the Soviet Union's fall.

Bah, he left Russia in 2000 which is when Putin started as president. He certainly wasn't put on Putin's payroll so I'm not sure whatever he did worked or was continued.

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Bah, he left Russia in 2000 which is when Putin started as president. He certainly wasn't put on Putin's payroll so I'm not sure whatever he did worked or was continued.

The exact quote is:

Caputo moved to Russia in 1994 after the fall of the Soviet Union, and was an adviser to Boris Yeltsin and helped elect Yeltsin to a second term as President of Russia. He worked for Gazprom Media in 2000 where he helped improve the image of Vladimir Putin in the U.S. He moved back to the U.S. and founded a public relations company, and then moved to Ukraine to work on a candidate's campaign for parliament.

It also states in his bio that he is known for:

Known for Reagan Administration adviser
George H.W. Bush campaign adviser
Carl Paladino campaign manager
Boris Yeltsin adviser
Vladimir Putin media consultant
Donald Trump campaign adviser

Archived