Football: CLeaning up

Iskaral Pust

Congratulations are in order. Brighton has done well this season, and are - deservedly - staying up. 

Chris Houghton deserves a lot of credit for taking this team up and keeping them there, methinks. The fact that he has taken Shane Duffy (who played in the Everton youth teams, and got a couple of first team matches) and made him a passable PL-player is really excellent. Personally, I thought that the Championship was the highest level Duffy should ever aim for.

Shows what I know.

We don't look to be arsed anymore. Two games left to play and top 4 guaranteed so I'm expecting us to be phoning it in. I hope that we can actually show up for the FA Cup final because the players look like they are either on holiday or looking to the WC already. 

4 hours ago, mormont said:

His sanity.

You think he held on to his sanity, having played for Liverpool for well over a decade?

@United supporters:
I haven't seen the match, but losing 1-0 away to a mid-table team (this win brought them to #11 spot) is hardly an embarrassment. Did Brighton hit the post 7 times, had some goals wrongfully disallowed or something like that?

18 hours ago, polishgenius said:

A slimy prick with an overinflated sense of his own ability signs for a slimy club with an overinflated sense of their own ability. Seems about right to me.

Come on now, unlimited reserves of self loathing have got to be worth something.

13 hours ago, baxus said:

@United supporters:
I haven't seen the match, but losing 1-0 away to a mid-table team (this win brought them to #11 spot) is hardly an embarrassment. Did Brighton hit the post 7 times, had some goals wrongfully disallowed or something like that?

Nothing so extreme. It's okay to lose as long as the side puts in some effort. We played like we were just going through the motions from first minute to last and players look like they are on holiday already. 

Swansea lose and next have a huge game against Southampton.  Just above them, Huddersfield’s last three games are against City, Chelsea and Arsenal. 

I’d like to see the Terriers survive, but those are three tough games, with City chasing records and Chelsea chasing fourth.  West Ham and everyone above them look safe now. 

Allardyce time.

But that was really poor play from Bertrand. Amateurish really. A player of his experience should not be trying to keep that ball in play unless he's absolutely sure he finds a teammate. Hoof that into the stands and Southampton win the game. 

Archived