Football: CLeaning up

Iskaral Pust

I don’t think Brighton are too fussed here, leaving Gross and Murray on the bench was a bit of a clue, we should probably look to get Lallana on at least.

ETA: Swansea are losing to Stoke. On reflection I’d probably rather Southampton stay up, there’s more potential for them to be half decent next year, but I feel a bit for Swansea fans. 

Lots of missed chances so far. The score-lines are comfortably in our favor right now but we’ve had a lot of collapses recently.  We’re playing 4-2-4, so we really need to take our chances in case Brighton come back at us. 

Milner didn’t train all week apparently.  I hope he recovers for the CL final.  

Heh, Newcastle go three up. Rafa really has done an incredible job there especially when you consider how much he was restricted in the transfer market. If they hold onto this result they will be the first newly promoted side since West Ham in 2012/2013 to finish in the top half of the table. 

Spurs v. Leicester is a great game. Spurs now 4-3 up after being 3-1 down. 

Are Chelsea not bothered? (No disrespect to Newcastle).  I hope they’re just saving themselves to win the FA cup instead.

It’s slightly galling that Spurs look set to finish above us but that’s the cost of reaching a CL final. 

Willian was voted Chelsea’s players’ player of the year this season. What must those players think about Conte when they watch him drop Willian for the final game of the season - the man they think has been the best player on their team?

Archived