Robb did not want Theon

11 hours ago, Arya Greyjoy Seaworth said:

El propio Martin ha dicho en los comentarios de su blog que Robb amaba a Jon más que a Theon.

So your analysis is that if say, I find out my best friend loves their brother more than me, I should betray them? That is absolute insanity, and I am worried about you in your relationships. If someone does not put you above all others, it does not make it okay to attack them. Often people love their family members more than their friends. Thankfully, usually, those friends don't stab them in the back. I love Theon's character arc. I even understand some of where he is coming from (being trapped and feeling you cannot just be and do what you want to be). His arc in ADwD is one of the reasons its my favorite book in the series. However, his betrayal of Robb was awful and can only be seen as logical when seen from the angle of wanting his father's/family's approval. The order in which Robb loved Jon/Theon is irrelevant to his decision, and good god shouldn't be. If he betrayed Robb purely out of jealousy of his love for Jon (still loved Theon, just less), I would think he was the most petty piece of crap in the entire book. Question : If I suspect my best friend loves his sister more than me, does that make it okay to destroy my best friend's life in vengeance? I'm just wondering what your analysis on that situation would be. 

P.S. Robb loved and trusted Theon. That is why his betrayal hurt so much.

Archived