The future Lord of the Crossing

1. Lothar Frey
  2. Black Walder
  3. Elmar Frey
  4. Ser Hosteen
  5. Big Walder

Lothar and Big Walder make the best choices to inherit The Twins.   Either one can build upon the great fortune that Lord Walder Frey started.  I want the best for this family.

1. They get to keep Riverun.
  2. Edmure gets Roslyn pregnant and dies soon after.  The Tullys die out.
  3. Lord Bolton defeats Stannis Baratheon and keeps his titles and lands.  He gets Walda pregnant with a boy and Ramsay dies.  The Freys have their kin ruling the North.
  4. Lothar inherits The Twins.

I hope some of you share my fondness for this family.

We aren't horrible human beings, so we don't share your fondness for backstabbing murderers. Good luck with that. They are probably gonna die horribly (well they are already are, but unless GRRM was forshadowing for no reason, the BwB is about to up their game and the Frey forces in the North are not going to end their lives prettily). 

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

every frey is killed after their procession is beset upon by Nymeria's wolf pack. 

This is impossible, because not all Freys are in Riverlands and you need to find Aegon Bloodborn, if you want to kill them all.

1 hour ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

We aren't horrible human beings, so we don't share your fondness for backstabbing murderers.

Not all of them are bad.

Black Walder. He is pretty high on the succession and his niece Walda is the ultimate heir on the main line. He marries her and becomes lord. After sometime Walda may have an accident leaving the seat to her uncle and husband, both are good claims for inheritance.

I'm looking at Big Walder for the win. My current thinking is that Blackwood heritage or alliance is the key, and he has that. I also see him as a parallel for Aegon the Unlikely (Egg), who outwitted, outplayed and outlasted many Targaryens before being chosen as king.

7 minutes ago, Seams said:

I'm looking at Big Walder for the win. My current thinking is that Blackwood heritage or alliance is the key, and he has that. I also see him as a parallel for Aegon the Unlikely (Egg), who outwitted, outplayed and outlasted many Targaryens before being chosen as king.

Tytos is very upset about the RW though. After all Lame Lothor is also a Blackwood.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Tytos is very upset about the RW though. After all Lame Lothor is also a Blackwood.

Lame Lothor has the Blackwood pedigree, but my instinct tells me that he will not rise to the Lordship. Or he might have it briefly but then die a dramatic death because he was so instrumental in the red wedding.

Big Walder can claim innocence with regard to the red wedding because he was a kid and was away from home.

You're right that Tytos Blackwood is not a big Frey fan now. The Blackwoods seem to be associated with magic, though, and I think that's one of the qualities needed to be an effective Lord of the Crossing.

I expect some Frey's to survive. They've been scattered around here and there but I'm sorry to say the majority of Freys are about to learn the meaning of "Winter is coming". 

The Freys in the North are the most vulnerable. The land itself will torment them and the natives will pick them off gradually. The Boltons by comparrison will fare better and the well supplied Dreadfort will make a decent refuge. I can't imagine the Boltons sharing with Freys though. The Freys are essentially becoming useless to the Boltons. They only needed them for the one gig and Roose is fully expecting Ramsey to kill his half Frey heirs. I don't see a viable long-game for the Freys in the North.

The safest place for the Freys is the inside of their Twins.

Any other Freys in the RL will be picked off by LS and Nymeria: The Freys are trying to hold enemy territory during the worst possible time, Winter. Supplies will run dry and any incoming aid will be picked off by Wolves and the new look BWB.  

Then there's the Others. 

So come the LN, the Freys will have more enemies than friends. But like I said, I expect a few to survive. There's so many!

3 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Black Walder. He is pretty high on the succession and his niece Walda is the ultimate heir on the main line. He marries her and becomes lord. After sometime Walda may have an accident leaving the seat to her uncle and husband, both are good claims for inheritance.

This, although I don't see why he would need to remove her anyway. He would control her as Lord Protector and lord in all but name, and his heirs would have a thicker strain of blood-right legitimacy if  they are her children too.

5 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Walda is the ultimate heir on the main line.

Sorry to told you that, but it seems that Walda isn't in line of sucession taking in account Big's comment that Black was fourth in line before Stevron DOW after Oxcross and Edwyn's statement that he is only one standing between Twins and Black.

1 hour ago, ChuckPunch said:

Stoneheart brutally murders all the Freys and we are left feeling conflicted about the entire line being extinguished.

Women, children, innocents all slaughtered. Castles both destroyed. 

What about the water tower?

1 hour ago, Kandrax said:

Sorry to told you that, but it seems that Walda isn't in line of sucession taking in account Big's comment that Black was fourth in line before Stevron DOW after Oxcross and Edwyn's statement that he is only one standing between Twins and Black.

Think of Jon and Alys, apparently Jon didn't know sister comes before an uncle. Freylings may not know either.

Archived