The future Lord of the Crossing

When Walder dies its going to be chaos. Say what you want about the man, but he does believe in taking care of his family and to put them above all else. Shevron would have made an excellent heir (after all, he was groomed to be his successor), but with him gone...... oh boy. 

If I had to pick who I think will come out on top my money is on Black Walder. He is currently 2nd in line and it will take someone ruthless to climb to the top of the chaotic pile that Papa Walder's death would surely create.  

5 hours ago, ChuckPunch said:

Stoneheart brutally murders all the Freys and we are left feeling conflicted about the entire line being extinguished.

Women, children, innocents all slaughtered. Castles both destroyed. 

Will she kill all of  them? Perhaps she will use Daenerys rule "don't harm children under 12.

But knowing GRRM, there is posibility that Freylings will be murdered in more brutal way than Ramsay.

3 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

What about the water tower?

Think of Jon and Alys, apparently Jon didn't know sister comes before an uncle. Freylings may not know either.

This is possible. Though, Freys are maybe strongly patriachal and use Targs rule of inheritance.

I'm not sure whom it would be @Kandrax

In terms of guile and violence, Black Walder is certainly a shout, then again, it seems the man lives a rather dangerous life so I wouldn't be surprised if he bit the dust before he could take the Twins.

The decendants of Amerai Crakehall could also be in with a strong political chance, via the Crakehall family bond with Lannisters such as Jaime. Amerai's line is also the biggest, with around 30 members sharing the blood of the Boar.

Amerai's family tree has also seen some interesting marriages which might offer her kin political support if some kind of coup was undertaken at the Twins; Roose is married to Walda, Cynthea Frey is currently ward to the Baelish associated Lady Anya Waynwood, while her brother Sandor is squiring for Lady Anya's son Donnel. Let's not forget Symond Frey, who is married to Bethario of Braavos, a place that always invites political intrigue.

Alyssa Blackwood's line has shown to be rather ruthless; Lame Lothar played a big part in the Red Wedding, allowing his Blackwood kin to be slain, while Big Walder seems to have impressed Ramsay Bolton during his time at the Dreadfort and WF. 

The question of the Raventree House's magical blood will always lend Alyssa's descendants a certain air of mystery, perhaps even magical potential. While Alyssa's descendant's don't really have any powerful marriages that could help secure them the Twins, certain member's have shown to be capable plotters, much like their ancient kinsman, Brynden Rivers. Perhaps this family tree could become the top Freys through sheer skill at scheming alone.

2 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Will she kill all of  them? Perhaps she will use Daenerys rule "don't harm children under 12.

Stoneheart is an unfeeling monster, unfettered by human guilt or sentimentality. She will kill every last Frey, regardless of any details other than their surname. 

Walder may live for a few more years but he will not live through the Long Night.  Most of the mid age to older adults will not live to see Spring.  It's just the limitations of the human lifespan.  The youth will take over from their elders.  Big Walder Frey gets the twins.  

8 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

Big Walder seems to have impressed Rams

I think that you have mixed him with Little. Even then,  Ramsay isn't impressed by him. It was reverse.

7 hours ago, ChuckPunch said:

Stoneheart is an unfeeling monster, unfettered by human guilt or sentimentality. She will kill every last Frey, regardless of any details other than their surname. 

Brotherhood, always, asks her whether captive is guilty or not, and i think that they will be against killing small children.

10 hours ago, ChuckPunch said:

2 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Brotherhood, always, asks her whether captive is guilty or not, and i think that they will be against killing small children.

Time will tell.  Walda's dad didn't get a fair trial.  He was lured and tricked then hanged anyway.  Was that Catelyn justifying this because the Frey family lured hers to the wedding?  I don't know.  Merret slept through most of the fighting.  He had intent but it was not supported by action. 

He paid the ransom and pimple was killed anyway.  

My opinion, she should have let him walk. 

On 5/3/2018 at 11:31 PM, Noble Lothar Frey said:
  1. Lothar Frey
  2. Black Walder
  3. Elmar Frey
  4. Ser Hosteen
  5. Big Walder

Lothar and Big Walder make the best choices to inherit The Twins.   Either one can build upon the great fortune that Lord Walder Frey started.  I want the best for this family.

1. They get to keep Riverun.
  2. Edmure gets Roslyn pregnant and dies soon after.  The Tullys die out.
  3. Lord Bolton defeats Stannis Baratheon and keeps his titles and lands.  He gets Walda pregnant with a boy and Ramsay dies.  The Freys have their kin ruling the North.
  4. Lothar inherits The Twins.

I hope some of you share my fondness for this family.

The Freys are nothing but low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worms. Hangin's too good for them. Burnin's too good for them! They should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

7 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

The Freys are nothing but low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worms. Hangin's too good for them. Burnin's too good for them! They should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

Even children? 

And how can someone be buried alive after you torn him into pieces?

On 05/05/2018 at 9:38 AM, Kandrax said:

I think that you have mixed him with Little. Even then,  Ramsay isn't impressed by him. It was reverse.

The original brotherhood did. But that version of the brotherhood seems to have died with Beric. Some of the remaining members, like Thoros, might be unhappy with Stonehearts new direction, and clearly people like Anguy and Ned Dayne (who both seem to have abandoned the new brotherhood) aren't in agreement with her either but the people around Stoneheart (Lem, Harwin and Tom) don't seem to have any issues.

4 hours ago, Adam Yozza said:

The original brotherhood did. But that version of the brotherhood seems to have died with Beric. Some of the remaining members, like Thoros, might be unhappy with Stonehearts new direction, and clearly people like Anguy and Ned Dayne (who both seem to have abandoned the new brotherhood) aren't in agreement with her either but the people around Stoneheart (Lem, Harwin and Tom) don't seem to have any issues.

Current Brotherhood still asks her before hanging someone.

Below are all of the living male decendants of Walder Frey in order of inheritance.  It will be next to impossible for the BwB to get them all.  I assume the Frey's will be stripped of the Twins instead by the end of the story.

I like Big Walder but he's too young.  The Twins need someone with experience who can fight.  Just in case the Starks come back into power and are crazy enough to want to attack them.  The Freys need someone who can lead the family against the Starks.  Big Walder won't be able to do that for a while but he can be an asset because he has spent time with the Starks and know their tender spots.  Black Walder is the best choice for now.

Personally I think the Freys will end the series in a fairly powerful position; Perwyn or Olyvar ruling as the Lord of Rosby and Amerei ruling as the Lady of Darry. They’ll probably take the Rosby and Darry names though, and I currently have no strong opinions about the fate of the Twins. 

Archived