The future Lord of the Crossing

9 hours ago, Adam Yozza said:

Yeah. But they have no qualms about it when she gives the go ahead. No matter who's on the end of a rope.

Well, it remains to be seen how would they react if little kid is in question.

9 hours ago, Belgarad said:

Below are all of the living male decendants of Walder Frey in order of inheritance.  It will be next to impossible for the BwB to get them all.  I assume the Frey's will be stripped of the Twins instead by the end of the story.

You missed two of them. Arwood's twins- Androw and Alyn.

4 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Well, it remains to be seen how would they react if little kid is in question.

They didn't have any issues with Pod, who is just a squire. Some of them might be a bit uncomfortable hanging younger kids, but I doubt it. The ones who have moral qualms about wiping out the Frey's seem to have already abandoned the Brotherhood.

On 04/05/2018 at 5:18 PM, ChuckPunch said:

Stoneheart brutally murders all the Freys and we are left feeling conflicted about the entire line being extinguished.

Women, children, innocents all slaughtered. Castles both destroyed. 

I agree with this.

I don't think it will just be Stoneheart that wipes them out though. It'll be a combination of different factors. Some will also be killed in battle, some will be killed by Nymeria's wolf pack and some will kill each other to try and raise their chances of being the next Lord of the Crossing.

I don't see any of them outliving Walder. He's spent far too longer bragging about his heirs and flat out taking their lives for granted for his story to end any other way. The Lord of the Crossing will join the Rat Cook as a warning about what happens to people who break Guest Rights.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:18 AM, ChuckPunch said:

Stoneheart brutally murders all the Freys and we are left feeling conflicted about the entire line being extinguished.

The castles are too strategically important to waste. Not so the Freys, or at least quite a few of them. I don't see the ones in the North having a high survival rate, anyhow.

Catelyn Stoneheart already killed a lot of Freys.  Manderly killed and ate three.  It should stop there.  Spilling more blood is not helping anybody.  I would like to see Big Walder, the skinny boy fostered in Winterfell, to take up the lordship of the twins.  

3 hours ago, Allardyce said:

Catelyn Stoneheart already killed a lot of Freys.  Manderly killed and ate three.  It should stop there.  Spilling more blood is not helping anybody.  I would like to see Big Walder, the skinny boy fostered in Winterfell, to take up the lordship of the twins.  

It is justice.  To spill more of the guilty's blood.  But which is more important?  Justice for the dead or having the Freys around to help fight the White Walkers.  Perhaps Ellaria is right on this subject.  More revenge leads to more revenge.   To forgive is hard but we know it is best in the long run if we can agree that the White Walkers are a bigger threat to the survival of all Westeros than losing justice for Robb and his soldiers.  It depends on what you care most about.  Justice for the soldiers who got killed at the wedding or keeping the Freys around so they can help fight the others.

On 5/4/2018 at 0:18 PM, ChuckPunch said:

It comes back to what Ellaria warned Doran about.  Revenge will lead to more violence.  It's a cycle that continues and solves nothing in this case.  

Archived