What is Ashara's hair color?

Angel Eyes

3 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I'm a bit confused here. Ashara Dayne is mentioned as having dark hair. But then, she's mentioned as looking like Daenerys, who has silver hair. 

So which was her real hair color?

Dark, so probably some sort of brown but not proper-black.

The quote is:

Even after all these years, Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara's smile, the sound of her laughter. He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara's daughter …

It's Daenerys's eyes that remind him of Ashara, not her hair.

20 minutes ago, Faera said:

The quote is:

:agree:

Ashara's hair was dark brown. Majority of people in Dorne has that hair color, inherited from their Rhoynar ancestors.

Though seems that Daynes had both types - dark-haired like Ashara and light-haired like Edric. Based on coloring of Egg and his brothers, seems that their mother Dyanna Dayne had pale brown hair, same as Daeron, and three of her other sons had silver-gold hair. I think that Arthur Dayne was blond, while his parents were carriers of both types of alleles - brown and blond colors. Dyanna and Ashara also were carrier of both types of alleles, thus some of their children had dark hair (like Daeron Targaryen, Meera and Jojen), and some had light/blond (like Egg, Aerion, Aemon, and Edric Dayne (that's if Jyana Reed is Ashara Dayne, and Edric is her son.)) Gerold Dayne has two-colored hair - silver hair, divided by a streak of midnight black. Probably he got silver hair from his Dayne genes, and black from his non-Dayne parent.

Her hair was black, like Jon's, this was probably one of the reasons Cat suspected that she might be his mother. 

6 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

she's mentioned as looking like Daenerys, who has silver hair. 

Well according to Ser Barristan, Ashara had violet eyes and was renowned for her beauty, just like Dany.

41 minutes ago, Lady Jowana said:

Her hair was black, like Jon's, this was probably one of the reasons Cat suspected that she might be his mother. 

Well according to Ser Barristan, Ashara had violet eyes and was renowned for her beauty, just like Dany.

Jon is not Kit HARRington, he had brown/dark hair. Ashara had dark hair also. 

visiting Ashara page on ASOIAF wiki will do the job it’s dark maybe dark brown or black.Since some blond Daynes seem to have black streaks i think it’s black.Not that her hair color matters anyways.I don’t understand why people bother opening a thread instead searching or looking in wiki.Small questions are where questions like these are asked 

On May 7, 2018 at 9:51 AM, Faera said:

On May 7, 2018 at 9:45 AM, Angel Eyes said:

I'm a bit confused here. Ashara Dayne is mentioned as having dark hair. But then, she's mentioned as looking like Daenerys, who has silver hair. 

So which was her real hair color?

The quote is:

Even after all these years, Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara's smile, the sound of her laughter. He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara's daughter …

Wow. yeah this is probably it and this is what I always thought too. The author seems to like pretty girls with long dark flowing hair. I would never fit in :D

Archived