Did Edmure save Robb's Life?

Chancho

9 minutes ago, Chancho said:

Now South the last option, Lannisport and Casterly Rock, where daven regrouped the Oxcross lot, now Daven can and if Tywin command he will give battle,but of course he can't chooses a good spot because only the Stark side can do this kinda of things, poor Daven... NOW everyone know they are there, they can comunicate, to know where he is going, prepare and such or maybe this is also a stark only hability right... Poor Lannisters...

Daven has only a few thousand badly trained men who have already been crushed by Robb so what the hell are they going to do when Robb and his 6K pass by Lannisport ? probably cower behind the walls .

If instead they find a great spot for a battle and Robb does not want to give battle he would simply just ride around them , Robb has the luxury of time on his side , he only will fight if he needs to but frankly if he comes across Daven a few thousand badly trained troops he would probably just take the opportunity to kill some more Westerland troops and then head South , you know the place without any mountains , trust me i google what a mountain was and Robb can go South without hitting one .

He can even return some books i got at the Oldtown library, hope the king doesn't get home sick, because ride around the Southern mountains by the reach will be really, really long...And unless he wants to wage war agaisnt the Tyrells, better not raid or pillage his lands for food and such...There is a river there too,he can promisse to marry someone in the way.

Just now, Chancho said:

I'm not the one who draw the map, the área besides the small coast extension is only mountains with two road passing trough the mountains, you can't pass na army everywhere, i'm eager to see the hiking horses of the north.

What direction is he riding? This castles are specfic located trough the road, just like the TWINS! I guess didn't even need Walder Frey bridge, he can just open a path, Moses Style.

I don't think you understand how these castles work , they don't move and block the route , they just sit there , the Twins are a special case because they protect a bridge but most castles are located next to roads not blocking the roads . You don't need to be Moses to ride by a castle , you just ride by it . It's not like you have to take the Crag or Ashemark or even Casterly Rock to get by them, you can simply ride by them . The Westerlands are hundreds of miles wide , i don't think you are comprehending how big that is . It's probably the size of a state like  Arizona .it looks small on a map but there would be plenty of room for Robb to maneuver especially around Lannisport and South of there.

THis TwO CASTLES block the ROAD trough the mountains(DeepDen Golden Tooth), just like Twins block the bridge, they are in the middle of the mountains, WHERE else are they going besides the road, mountais work just like the river in this example, that is the purpose of the placing... But Hey hiking horses.

Just now, Chancho said:

THis TwO CASTLES block the ROAD trough the mountains(DeepDen Golden Tooth), just like Twins block the bridge, they are in the middle of the mountains, WHERE else are they going besides the road, mountais work just like the river in this example, that is the purpose of the placing... But Hey hiking horses.

where does it say that they block the roads? The only thing that i see is that they guard the road which is not the same thing .

IIn the map george martin did, for the 1000th time!

Westerlands are big, especially in mountains that is the whole point, they can go only South without getting blocked by geography and castles... And going South will be like going around the whole westerlands by the reach, with a river in the way, so if  the bridge is far (if there is one), more delaying.

The whole point of the Golden tooth in the books is block the passage, everyone thinks robb had taken it, before learning about the goat track,because it's the only way.

Just now, Chancho said:

IIn the map george martin did, for the 1000th time!

Westerlands are big, especially in mountains that is the whole point, they can go only South without getting blocked by geography and castles... And going South will be like going around the whole westerlands by the reach, with a river in the way, so if  the bridge is far (if there is one), more delaying.

Do you understand how big hundreds of miles is ? it takes three days to ride from Casterly Rock to Oxcross , Tywin would have to more carefully to avoid falling into a trap and Robb can simply avoid him and head back east , frankly Tywin would probably be happy to let him go without a fight . He can secure the Westerlands and head back east to protect Kings Landing and he cannot afford the time and loss men a battle could cause .

I'm okay with Tywin not wanting to fight or wherever strategy he might or not addopt, but again the way east are this two castles, there is no flying by them, they are in the middle of the mountains, this is there the whole purpose, be the guarded way, I can believe in every scenario people said here, besides this "Robb can move how he likes"... This is wrong by the book and maps.

See Dorne Mountains, Vale, Moat Cailin there is basically a tons of this 'only way trough _____" places.

25 minutes ago, Blackfish Tully said:

Do you understand how big hundreds of miles is ? it takes three days to ride from Casterly Rock to Oxcross , Tywin would have to more carefully to avoid falling into a trap and Robb can simply avoid him and head back east , frankly Tywin would probably be happy to let him go without a fight . He can secure the Westerlands and head back east to protect Kings Landing and he cannot afford the time and loss men a battle could cause .

I mean all this centuries, and just now enemies find out that they can just walk by the Golden Tooth. With you in charge of Riverlands army, Bloody Gate will become Happy Gate, Moat Cailin will turn to be Shallow Moat, Prince's Pass will become the Friend's Road. Black Fish cannott keep his job no more with this sortof competition.

Just now, Chancho said:

I mean all this centuries, and just now enemies find out that they can just walk by the Golden Tooth. With you in charge of Riverlands army, Bloody Gate will become Happy Gate, Moat Cailin will turn to be Shallow Moat, Prince's Pass will become the Friend's Road. Black Fish cannott keep his job no more with this sortof competition.

where does it say that the Golden Tooth blocks the road ? you put it in big bold letters so you must have some proof of that , i'm waiting to see it .

Why would Maege Mormount by driving thousands of cattle East if she could not get past the Golden Tooth ? was she going to use the goat path ?

9 minutes ago, Chancho said:

The Golden Tooth guards the one large pass through the mountains that allows direct travel between the westerlands and the riverlands to the east. It is generally held that in order to attack the westerlands from the east, one must take the Golden Tooth to have a secure passage.[

It seems pretty clear from the Wiki that the Golden Tooth does not block the pass but guards it. Pretty big difference

Everyone suposes Robb took it because the fact he made West, so shows everyone thinks you can't cross without taking the Golden Tooth, there is wikipedia for you, because i'm not going to look the book for it now. There is a Garison and 4000 Forley Prester Man, so of course Maege dind't go there, probably the goat track is perfect for cattle moving, narrow line and such and hidden.

There is 2000 Crossbow men at the Golden Tooth, Trough or By choose whatever you like... How Robb moves by that?

Just now, Chancho said:

Everyone suposes Robb took it because the fact he made West, so shows everyone thinks you can't cross without taking the Golden Tooth, there is wikipedia for you, because i'm not going to look the book for it now. There is a Garison and 4000 Forley Prester Man, so of course Maege dind't go there, probably the goat track is perfect for cattle moving, narrow line and such and hidden.

Robb took the goat path so he could surprise Stafford it had nothing to do with not being able to get by the Golden Tooth .  If he goes by the Golden Tooth then they would have sent a raven to Stafford and he would be ready for Robb . The Golden Tooth does not block the pass but guards it.

15 minutes ago, Blackfish Tully said:

Robb took the goat path so he could surprise Stafford it had nothing to do with not being able to get by the Golden Tooth .  If he goes by the Golden Tooth then they would have sent a raven to Stafford and he would be ready for Robb . The Golden Tooth does not block the pass but guards it.

How does Robb pass it? 2000 Crossbow men taking turns at wall and if they feel edgy 2000 spears blocking the road, i'm sure 6000 going up hill , agaisnt a 2000 Strong spear wall after a rain of bolts that will be aim to knock down the first ones and produce a domino effect and chaos. How they pass, without be trounced i mean, in one piece, how they pass east? Let's hope no Scorpions or catapult, the road is just right there otheir face.

Just now, Chancho said:

How does Robb pass it? 2000 Crossbow men taking turns at wall and if they feel edgy 2000 spears blocking the road, i'm sure 6000 going up hill , agaisnt a 2000 Strong spear wall after a rain of bolts that will be aim to knock down the first ones and produce a domino effect and chaos. How they pass, without be trounced i mean, in one piece, how they pass east? Let's hope no Scorpions or catapult, the road is just right there otheir face.

so you admit that the castle does not block the road?

3 minutes ago, Blackfish Tully said:

so you admit that the castle does not block the road?

It's very possible, there is truly no clear evidence... But how they go east? Because over and over and over again, "they go east", as they like... HOW?

Just now, Chancho said:

It's very possible, there is truly no clear evidence... But how they go east?

we have no idea how wide the pass is, crossbows don't travel far so it would have to be a pretty narrow pass for the crossbowman to be a threat and the 2000 spearmen have already tasted the Northerners swords at the Battle of the Camps so i doubt that 2000 would take on 6000 battle hardened mounted soldiers . So i would say that they would just ride by the castle and the Westerland soldiers would  thank the Seven Gods that they are leaving . Why stop them from leaving ? the whole point of Tywin coming West is to drive them out of the Westerlands .

10 minutes ago, Blackfish Tully said:

we have no idea how wide the pass is, crossbows don't travel far so it would have to be a pretty narrow pass for the crossbowman to be a threat and the 2000 spearmen have already tasted the Northerners swords at the Battle of the Camps so i doubt that 2000 would take on 6000 battle hardened mounted soldiers . So i would say that they would just ride by the castle and the Westerland soldiers would  thank the Seven Gods that they are leaving . Why stop them from leaving ? the whole point of Tywin coming West is to drive them out of the Westerlands .

I forgot only the North could be hard, since these men won 2 battles also and didn't taste nobodies swords despite being surprised at that ocasion, but they are all pushover, let's forget they are going uphill and shield wall you be perfect agaisnt a just cavalry army, and 2000 bowmen protected by wall bolting horses would be useless because, there is no brynden, Wolf, Robb at this side... (2000 Bolt, safe as ever target praticing at horses...)... Well i give up it's safe to say now Robb is invencible at any circunstance and only a retarded would think he could be in disavantage anywhere. He would lose 3 men at this scenario and all to sífilis of raping so easyli this guys.

"And let they just pass, because we don't want to attack from this safe walls with 2000 crossbow men, oh no we might kill someone from the north."

Looking at the Westerlands map it would be very possible for Tywin to outmanuver and trap Robb, and we know Tywin can and has moved with some speed before. If he is communicating with his bannermen or whoever is in charge of their castles, they tell him where Robb is and his direction, they send some men to harass his rear and maybe slow him down, and Tywin and his commanders could possibly be able to predict his movements and corner him. All it would take is one mistake traveling in a land they barely know and Tywin has him a king. The bigger question is would Tywin kill him immediately or use him to leverage a peace and free Jaime. 

Archived