What would Randyll Tarly do with Sansa.

Randyll Tarly is an interesting person in regards to his loyalties to the Tyrells and the Lannisters. He seems to be their loyal man but they are a old family and might have similar feelings about the tyrells being up jumped the Targaryens. He answers the call whenever they send a task to him, but he wastes no time to run back to King's Landing and take control of Margery. Is this a power play? What if Sansa had ended up in Tarlys hand or evenually does? Would he turn her over to the Queen, or the Tyrells or would he try to marry her to Dickon pending he gets both of them out of their current marriages? 

What are the odds that the Tarlys make a play to control the Reach or the Stormlands ?

Tarly is ambitious. I can see him marrying her in secret to Dickon if he wasn't already marries to Elena Mooton.

I posted this in another thread;

When Tarly goes to Bitterbridge he puts many to sword but especially the Florents, his goodkin. Her wife is very high in line of succession to Brightwater and is the current heir since her father died.

His plans to take hold of Brightwater fails though with it granted to Garlan so he marries Dickon to Elena Mooton, heir of lord William, possibly forcing the marriage on him since he holds his town. 

A man so eager for landgrabbing that attacks on his goodkin won't pass on the oppurtunity to gain an entire region.

Prior to Margaery's arrest, Tarly was a Crown loyalist.  If he had come across Sansa, he would have sent her back to KL.  She is wanted for regicide, and from his point of view, there is no real reason to doubt that she did it.

At this point in the story, after the arrests of Margaery and Cersei, it is hard to say.  I think he would probably try to use her as a bargaining chip, possibly for the release of the Tyrell girls.  I doubt he would try to marry her to Dickon.  Both are otherwise married, and Sansa is of no real value to him in that regard.  He has no interest in the North.

• 2 months later...

Actually, nothing he has done to date suggests that he is anything but a loyal subject of his liege lord. His various appointments suggests that he enjoys the trust of said. 

Furthermore nothing also suggests that house Tarly is particularly prominent or powerful in the Reach. 

My guess as what he would do with Sansa is pass her on to Mace, or if he were unavailable, organise her trial as Tarly has been appointed master of laws. 

3 hours ago, The Sleeper said:

Actually, nothing he has done to date suggests that he is anything but a loyal subject of his liege lord. His various appointments suggests that he enjoys the trust of said. 

Furthermore nothing also suggests that house Tarly is particularly prominent or powerful in the Reach. 

My guess as what he would do with Sansa is pass her on to Mace, or if he were unavailable, organise her trial as Tarly has been appointed master of laws. 

This is a fair point. 

Tarly may just decide to try her wherever he has set camp. If she's found guilty she may be faced with a short drop and a sudden stop.

Tarly seems like a very loyal bannerman, yes hes upset that Garlan received Brightwater keep because by law it should be Dickons but Dickon is already inline to inherit borh Hornhill and the Mooton lands as well hes probably still happy. Why would he betray Mace when he already has everything he wants in terms of power he leads Mace Tyrells Vanguard and sits on the SC at KL. Hes an ambitious man but also a practical one, he has no rights to Highgarden so seeking it just seems dumb. 

Archived