Acrophobia 32 - Signs: FINAL: SWMBO WINS!!!

Raisin' Bran

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, Jez Bell said:

Oh crap, I missed a few rounds.  Is there such a thing as "retroactive voting"?  

Unfortunately, I cannot vote for this round, because it's impossible to choose 3 and even more difficult to put them in order.  

:)

you could always try.

While we wait for the final scores, has anyone got a game idea? Does raisin' bran wish to host again or is he truly disillusioned?

First Law was a good phobia idea that was not tried.

I was trying to come up with a variation on the longstrider game where we had to describe wonders of the world in our travel journal. I haven't come up with a gem but I got as far as some ideas based on reality shows:

1. amazing race - start from KL, ultimate destination is given, each round describe what journey you have undertaken and how. Or else the host dictates each leg - eg from KL to White Harbour. By 'how' I meant you might cover things like how you managed to get a fare on a ship etc not just tell us what route you took. Could assume you start with no money.

2. 'we drop you in it' - derived from some Tv shows and also from what someone described their sociology teacher doing to them in the 60s. Dropped them all off in a poor area and told them to try to get a job.

eg a night in fleabotton (dumped there with no money) - you describe the night

a day with the silent sisters

drinking with Tyrion

an invitation to Highgarden (how will you cope with high lords and ladies)

14 hours ago, Castellan said:

While we wait for the final scores, has anyone got a game idea? Does raisin' bran wish to host again or is he truly disillusioned?

First Law was a good phobia idea that was not tried.

I was trying to come up with a variation on the longstrider game where we had to describe wonders of the world in our travel journal. I haven't come up with a gem but I got as far as some ideas based on reality shows:

1. amazing race - start from KL, ultimate destination is given, each round describe what journey you have undertaken and how. Or else the host dictates each leg - eg from KL to White Harbour. By 'how' I meant you might cover things like how you managed to get a fare on a ship etc not just tell us what route you took. Could assume you start with no money.

2. 'we drop you in it' - derived from some Tv shows and also from what someone described their sociology teacher doing to them in the 60s. Dropped them all off in a poor area and told them to try to get a job.

eg a night in fleabotton (dumped there with no money) - you describe the night

a day with the silent sisters

drinking with Tyrion

an invitation to Highgarden (how will you cope with high lords and ladies)

Do you mean using acro letters we recount our activities?

9 hours ago, Ella que debe ser Obedecid said:

Do you mean using acro letters we recount our activities?

well yes for example

round 1 'you have been dumped in fleabottom without money' what happens?

wohgeav

or for the other

your assignment is to get to Lannisport. Did you succeed and if so, how?

I was not proposing a whole new type of game. 

Round 4 Results

Littlefinger

1. Career Change? Hiring inside. Lordling yearns underling/attendant - Dolorous Gabe - 1+1+2+1+1+2+2 = 10

2. Chaos creeps. Hell's incoming. Look! Your underlings's amercement. - Castellan - 1+1+3+2+1 = 8

3. Coital Companions; Hurry inside; Lovely, Young, Uninhibited, Amorous - Howlin' Howland - 1+2+3+1 = 7

4. Caring Catheters have incredible lifespan. Your urine approves! - Lady Blizzardborn - 1+1+1+2+1+3 = 9

5. ***CENTRAL CITY HIGHLIGHTS*** INSIDIOUS LITTLEFINGER YIELDS! UNDENIABLE ALLEGATIONS! - SWMBO - 1+1+3+3+3+4 = 15

Votes from: Fragile Bird [1pt], a free shadow [1pt], jez bell (sort of) [0.25pts]

Standings

SWMBO - 49+15=64

Howlin' Howland - 36+7=43

Castellan - 22+8=30

Dolorous Gabe - 20+10=30

Lady Blizzardborn - 14+9=23

free shadow - 19+1=20

Fragile Bird - 9+1=10

Ser Not Appearing - 4

Jez Bell - 1+0.25=1.25

As it turned out, SWMBO did not end up stumbling right before the finish line. With a lot of support for her newspaper headline entry, she glided her way to victory. Congrats to all the contenders. well done. I liked how everyone tried to put their own spin on their entries.

And I am perfectly fine letting someone else take the reigns for the next round, be it the Longstrider game, or something else.

40 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

And I am perfectly fine letting someone else take the reigns for the next round, be it the Longstrider game, or something else.

I would prefer you to keep going!

interesting my Number One has both come in dead last and won a game since i have been gone...

both things i have failed to do...she is carrying our name forth into the void of the board...

i am proud...

although i would have pointed and laughed if she had fallen down at the end ;)

:smoking:

On 6/29/2018 at 8:31 PM, rocksniffer said:

interesting my Number One has both come in dead last and won a game since i have been gone...

both things i have failed to do...she is carrying our name forth into the void of the board...

i am proud...

although i would have pointed and laughed if she had fallen down at the end ;)

:smoking:

Thanks N'onc, I learned from the best - @Lady Blizzardborn

@Casablanca Birdie, @Howlin' Howland, @Dolorous Gabe, @Castellan, @Julia H.

On 6/29/2018 at 9:31 PM, Howlin' Howland said:

Well done SWMBO

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

On 6/29/2018 at 11:14 PM, Castellan said:

:agree:That is what you call a decisive victory!

On 6/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, Dolorous Gabe said:

Congratulations to the Obeyed one. A well deserved victory! :cheers:

Thank you all, I thought HH was going to get me, I really enjoyed the theme of this game! Thanks to @Raisin' Bran for a great game!

:cheers: to everyone!

On 6/30/2018 at 10:59 AM, Casablanca Birdie said:

There have been many times when I thought SWMBO did not get the votes she deserved! Well done, m'dear!

Sort of like....me.  :P

I was glad the Pokemon had you distracted cause I seldom do better than you! :bowdown:

6 hours ago, Castellan said:

...and thanks to the host who did in fact raise the efficiency bar

Efficiency? Whatever do you mean?

It seems to me that we easily completed 2 rounds every week when I started playing this, like 12 games ago.

14 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Efficiency? Whatever do you mean?

It seems to me that we easily completed 2 rounds every week when I started playing this, like 12 games ago.

well Ok, rub it in, you raised the bar compared to me!

Now you need to keep it up and host again.....

Archived