Acrophobia 32 - Signs: FINAL: SWMBO WINS!!!

Raisin' Bran

1 hour ago, a free shadow said:

Or, in other words, prevent from taking advantage of others not being inspired :ninja:

If their defeats are assigned by defeatists to not being inspired, it should be acknowledged at least in hindsight that their wins were also only a tepid result of others not being inspired at all :ninja:

Well, yeah!

I genuinely think some topics suit certain people more than others and I was lucky enough to benefit from enjoying certain types of topic that have come up a number of times.

See, I can be humbler than anyone :P

13 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Signs? What signs? Did I miss something?

Not much so far. You could probably send in a round 2 entry for Chett. Imagine a sign he might make e.g. shop sign, business sign, political sign, whatever. You can imagine he never went to the wall but had a different life, if you like. I think that summarises it our host will correct me if I am wrong.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:49 AM, Raisin' Bran said:

About 33 hours remaining before deadline. I have received more entries, some need to choose a final among their multiples. And some need to send me something.

I know that I have given everyone liberty to choose the context of their sign, and that has led to some confusion as to the meaning of the various entries. Would the players like to know the context of the author's sign? Have limited context (I present a situation for the sign). Maybe you prefer to guess at the context, like we are in the current round.

I think a word or two about context might help, but could sway votes - up to you I guess.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:33 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

To be honest, I'm not keen on the situations like you provided in the first round but I quite like the idea of hypothetical scenarios in opposition to actual book stuff.

Like, if they ran a particular business or ran for political office. Or a slogan for a hypothetical revolution or movement. I think that's where the signs idea has legs.

But then maybe it'd be good for competition if the topic doesn't inspire me or the Bird.

This is exactly what I thought we were doing - signs, headlines or adverts, etc. based on a hypothetical situation or some twisted idea from text.

I am not keen on author's adding explanation at all. If explanation is necessary might be better to change the way the instructions are given each round and remind people of them at the top of the list of entries for voting. e.g. could set a scenario each round and make it compulsory to use it. Could be broad instructions or narrow. e.g. Its 20 years from the end of ASOIF and Samwell is running a campaign. Write a sign for it, So we have to imagine something Sam might campaign for (or against). But if we dont have instructions like that, e.g. its just 'write a sign for Cersei' then we should be able to deduce a scenario from the acro - i.e. is it a current or future Cersei writing the sign -  that's part of the challenge of writing. Just can't make up your own highly particular scenario and expect people to understand it.

13 hours ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

This is exactly what I thought we were doing - signs, headlines or adverts, etc. based on a hypothetical situation or some twisted idea from text.

Yeah, but it seemed to me our wonderful host saw it differently. That's why I got confused by the first assignment. I just wanted clarification really.

Round 2

1. Major Inflammatory Constipation? Just Try Chetts!

2. Mussels! Incredible Clams! Jump to Chett's!

3. Master is cantankerous. Jettison Tullys cunningly.

4. Mutinous Insurrection Creator? Just Try Chett.

5. Men Incorporated: Come join this crusade!

6. My illtracy cunteracts job task, classeks

Voting begins today, ends Monday June 11 at 23:30 UTC

VOTE for 3!

Round 1 Results

1. Heed my words, people: live life to addendum. - Dolorous Gabe - 1+1+1+1+1 = 5

2. He may wittily parody. Like little teaser anyway. - Castellan - 1+1+3+1 = 6 

3. Humble manservant wants position - Lasting loyalty, tight-lipped, adaptable. - SWMBO - 1+1+3+3+3+1+3+3+4 = 22

4. Hirable manservant will provide labor, loyalty, toadying admiration. - Howlin' Howland - 1+1+2+2+2+2+1+3 = 14

5. Humungous manhood! Will please lonely ladies! Totes affordable! - Fragile Bird - 1+2+3+2 = 8

6. Hey Moore! Wanna pla "Lackey lets turd asphyxiate?" - Lady Blizzardborn - 1+2 = 3

7. Hey man, when people laugh like that - awful! - Ser Not Appearing - 1+2+1 = 4

8. [no entry] - Jez Bell - 1

9. [no entry] - a free shadow - 1

Standings

SWMBO - 22

Howlin' Howland - 14

Fragile Bird - 8

Castellan - 6

Dolorous Gabe - 5

Ser Not Appearing - 4

Lady Blizzardborn - 3

Jez Bell - 1

a free shadow - 1

She Who Must be Obeyed is off to a great start with a landslide victory in Round 1. But this is only the first round and there is loads of experienced competetion that she will need to contend with in order to bring off the victory. Can she do it?

Round 3  Ser Arthur Dayne

Perhaps the legendary Sword of the Morning would have been able to make a few coins on the side if he had been able to sell some swords during the war with the Kingswood Brotherhood, or design campaign posters to sway the smallfolk to help (if they could read). Maybe he could have hired some sellswords to fortify their position at the Tower of Joy. :dunno:

TBTOASY

Entries due by Monday June 11 at 23:30 UTC

Thanks for the votes, everyone! :cheers: 

9 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Round 1 Results -

- She Who Must be Obeyed is off to a great start with a landslide victory in Round 1. But this is only the first round and there is loads of experienced competetion that she will need to contend with in order to bring off the victory. Can she do it?

I am planning my victory dance now! :commie:

9 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Round 3  Ser Arthur Dayne

Perhaps the legendary Star Sword of the Morning would have been able to make a few coins on the side if he had been able to sell some swords during the war with the Kingswood Brotherhood, or design campaign posters to sway the smallfolk to help (if they could read). Maybe he could have hired some sellswords to fortify their position at the Tower of Joy. :dunno:

TBTOASY

Entries due by Monday June 11 at 23:30 UTC

fixed this for ya ;)

Spoiler

:lmao:Since I was stupid enough to search for 10 minutes for the "Star"  :read:  :lmao:

1. 1

2. 3

3. 5

I'm not sure if #5 means Chett is starting a reactionary 'men's rights' movement or has become a recruiter for the NW, but its sounds Chett-like either way.

Archived