This new forum is the bomb!

Yukle

Guess what I just found?

If you click the picture icon next to the notifications you can change your backdrop. I've gone from staring at the gorgeous picture of Casterly Rock to the much more gorgeouser Winterfell draped in snow. If you haven't checked out all of the new backgrounds and spent fifteen minutes deciding on which you like instead of doing work then you're a failure as a human.

And I have a feeling that I'm going to become the most profligate like-spender in history. I often reply to people for no reason other than that their posts made me erupt in all the lulz. Never has it been so easy to send accolades!

Millions of loves to the new forum design! :D Yay!

I agree, it’s pretty cool.  Looks nice.  Seems like there’s some iteration of a ‘like’ button as well which I personally approve of.  I was a fan of the original experiment with a voting system on here, but I think taking out the dislike is a good compromise between those who liked it and those who didn’t care for it.

It’s been suggested that all reputations should be reset, which I think makes sense given that this works differently from the previous iteration. Have to look into how to do that to see if it is feasible.

I'm generally not fond of busy backgrounds on forums, so the reskin didn't fill me with joy because most of the images have something that distracts me from the reading part, but I found that whatever the orange one is works for me. So that's cool. And as an added bonus it's roughly the same colour as the old forum which is mildly helpful for me too.

Oh hell the addition of reaction buttons is either a BLESSING to me to a CURSE. That little green reputation number will haunt me 

:lol:

no really though I think it’s very pretty and I like the font and backgrounds 

also...what are CLUBS because no way I’m making up one for no one to join :| 

4 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Oh hell the addition of reaction buttons is either a BLESSING to me to a CURSE. That little green reputation number will haunt me 

:lol:

no really though I think it’s very pretty and I like the font and backgrounds 

Clubs are a feature we haven't really announced yet, as we're not sure how to use it. Guess the community decides. :) They are basically like private forums. Anyone can make one, but they have to be approved. So, lets say we've got a bunch of people who form a regular fantasy sports league -- they could create a club just for that activity. Or people need to start planning a new Zorse War, might have a club for that.

See https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/new-clubs-r1017/ for more information.

I'm digging the update too. 

Some minor gripes: the left pane with The Latest News and all the rest is way too broad taking away too much space from the main body. This needs to be reduced by at least 25-30%

Would prefer that the user control panel, notifications, messages etc. was on the top right like in the old site. Basically swap places with Browse, Activity, Westeros. Wiki etc.

18 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Some minor gripes: the left pane with The Latest News and all the rest is way too broad taking away too much space from the main body. This needs to be reduced by at least 25-30%

Not doable, but what we can do is expand the main body of the forum somewhat to compensate. Feels more like the previous skin.  Actually, just checked and the posting area is exactly the same now as it was before, so we'll leave as is for now. We can, however, expand the writing area in the future once we have more of a sense of how people see it.

5 hours ago, Ran said:

It’s been suggested that all reputations should be reset, which I think makes sense given that this works differently from the previous iteration. Have to look into how to do that to see if it is feasible.

I think we can also go with an honesty system of estimating where we would be if the system had existed when we first signed up, and going from there.

That's about 231,014 for me, since I'm so outrageously likeable and hilarious.

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Can I be club president?

Oooooh, I just realised that there are different reaction options, not only the Likes we had before. Not sure how I feel about this. I missed the Like option, but different reactions seem so facebookish ... eh, I guess I will only use the generic Like, just as I do on fb.

I wondered what clubs were too, thanks for that explanation.

The Winterfell background works the best for me, it is the most neutral and calm. The red one (Harrenhall? Dragonstone? What is it?) is way too aggressive to the eyes.

Thank you, Ran and Linda, for your work at keeping the forum running.

41 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I think we can also go with an honesty system of estimating where we would be if the system had existed when we first signed up, and going from there.

That's about 231,014 for me, since I'm so outrageously likeable and hilarious.

Can I be club president?

Make a club and i'll join it lol!

Archived