This new forum is the bomb!

Yukle

Just now, KiDisaster said:

The background switcher doesn't work for me so it's Casterly Rock forever I suppose :P 

I really like the new look though. 

What browser and device are you using?

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

What browser and device are you using?

Chrome on a PC. I just figured it out though, my ad block was preventing the drop down menu from opening. I whitelisted the board and it works now. 

Now I have a lovely background of Storm's End. :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Yukle said:

Guess what I just found?

If you click the picture icon next to the notifications you can change your backdrop. I've gone from staring at the gorgeous picture of Casterly Rock to the much more gorgeouser Winterfell draped in snow. If you haven't checked out all of the new backgrounds and spent fifteen minutes deciding on which you like instead of doing work then you're a failure as a human.

And I have a feeling that I'm going to become the most profligate like-spender in history. I often reply to people for no reason other than that their posts made me erupt in all the lulz. Never has it been so easy to send accolades!

Millions of loves to the new forum design! :D Yay!

I've got what I believe is Storm's End, with the lightning bolt. Pyke is the one with the bridge, yes?

Very nice.. I always was a "Winter is Coming" person but lately I've felt more like a Stormlord. 

Not sure how if feel about "Mostly Harmless". "Only a Threat to Enemies" seems more appropriate. 

But hey. The backgrounds for PC and Mobile don't sync up, so I can keep them different. That's cool.

Edit: Not sure why that got put in spoilers.

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Love the backgrounds.

Don't love that the messages and notifications aren't fixed to the top menu bar (can't see them when you scroll down)

That is an interesting point. I am not sure if it is changable in CSS, but it would be cool if we could do that for mobile.

Only problem I'm having is that on some posts, when a quote has been embedded into the post, part or sometimes even all of the quoted text is obscured by a greyish overlay. I can make out the text underneath, but it's a bit of a pain.

This only happens when the quote feature is used. The text responding to the quoted passage is never obscured.

2 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Only problem I'm having is that on some posts, when a quote has been embedded into the post, part or sometimes even all of the quoted text is obscured by a greyish overlay. I can make out the text underneath, but it's a bit of a pain.

This only happens when the quote feature is used. The text responding to the quoted passage is never obscured.

That is very strange. Could you take a screenshot of this? You can mail it to [email protected]

First impression is that is looks very pretty.

I could do without the high school popularity contest stuff though. Literally the only good thing that happened last time we tried it here was that someone got super sensitive about being negged so people did it all the more and it became this ridiculous, destructive out of control cycle. Other than that it just fed the narcissists. 

1 minute ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Sent as requested.

Thank you. Can you tell me what browser and device you are using as well? Will report it as a bug to the developer.

7 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Not sure how if feel about "Mostly Harmless".

Have you read the Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy?

It is a reference to that. I love it. :)

3 hours ago, Mikael said:

So, I think I've discovered that the huge overlay is the punishment for using an adblocker, fair enough I guess.

I whitelisted the site on one of my adblockers and the overlay did reduce in size.  Yay!  and after trying all the backdrops I've settled on Storm's End.

Archived