This new forum is the bomb!

Yukle

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I think discussion of Euro 2016 has finally dried up, can we take the opportunity to lose that sub forum? ;)

Don’t remove it, just rename it for the World Cup next month 

For those on mobile devices, the navigation bar (the black one) should now stick at the top of the screen when you scroll. The background picker does not work when you are scrolled down, however, as those are in a fixed position at the top of the screen, but the rest works fine.

I am glad I stumbeled across this thread. I was wondering about some of the changes and this has explained it to me pretty well. I coulnd't figure out the reputation thing and how some people had thousands and others zero.

I see that everyone else was so jealous of my reputation total (it was in the billions, trust me) that they've now been hidden. That's understandable.

Finally logged in on mobile. It looks great there, too! I decided to go with the Storm's End background, just for a bit of variety. The Harrenhal one is too menacing and makes me too scared to read anything.

@Ran,

I really like the new look of the forum. However, there's one change I'd like to inquire about. The old forum used to tell you how many posts were in the thread. It still does that when you're outside of a specific thread, but I'm not seeing in when you're in the thread. Am I just missing it or has it been removed? I ask because I tend to leave the U.S. politics thread open in a tab at work, and I'll refresh it every hour or two. Seeing the number of posts let you gauge if there was some type of breaking story. 

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Ran,

I really like the new look of the forum. However, there's one change I'd like to inquire about. The old forum used to tell you how many posts were in the thread. It still does that when you're outside of a specific thread, but I'm not seeing in when you're in the thread. Am I just missing it or has it been removed? I ask because I tend to leave the U.S. politics thread open in a tab at work, and I'll refresh it every hour or two. Seeing the number of posts let you gauge if there was some type of breaking story. 

Where did it say this? I'm using it at the moment and I don't see a number related to total posts here. This may be something that IPS removed from all skins with the version we upgraded to.

ETA: Oh, I see. You mean the way each post had a number next to the share button. I'll see if that's something that can be put back in, but I suspect it was dropped.

ETA: As luck will have it, other forum users felt the lack as well and someone created a plugin that restored the number. :)

7 minutes ago, Ran said:

Where did it say this? I'm using it at the moment and I don't see a number related to total posts here. This may be something that IPS removed from all skins with the version we upgraded to.

I believe it was right by the page count. It was just nice to refresh the page and see if it went from "223 Posts" to "265 Posts" while sitting in the thread. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I believe it was right by the page count. It was just nice to refresh the page and see if it went from "223 Posts" to "265 Posts" while sitting in the thread. 

Oh. Hrm, different thing then I thought you were asking for. I'll have to see...

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering this then: ages and ages ago there was a way to find a list of users and arrange them by name, post count, who is online now, etc. Is that still a function?

If not, I don't care. I have already forgotten what I was going to look up on it anyway, but I just remembered the way you could view it.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:13 PM, Yukle said:

I was just wondering this then: ages and ages ago there was a way to find a list of users and arrange them by name, post count, who is online now, etc. Is that still a function?

If not, I don't care. I have already forgotten what I was going to look up on it anyway, but I just remembered the way you could view it.

I'll see if such a function exists. I think it may be related to displaying who's on the board at any particular time, a feature we turned off in the past because it was kind of intensive.

• 1 month later...

I like the new  forum!

EXCEPT for the change to the profile pics. By getting rid of the grey silhouette,  the new 'letter' images have destroyed a long-time board tradition and matter of ontological debate. Those of us who kept our profile pics blank: we were all Faceless men! We were all eternally anonymous! I LIKED my gray humanoid silhouette! Board tradition!

Also, I cannot figure out how to change the horrendous background color to my 'L' profile icon. Help!

1 hour ago, LugaJetboyGirl-irra said:

I like the new  forum!

EXCEPT for the change to the profile pics. By getting rid of the grey silhouette,  the new 'letter' images have destroyed a long-time board tradition and matter of ontological debate. Those of us who kept our profile pics blank: we were all Faceless men! We were all eternally anonymous! I LIKED my gray humanoid silhouette! Board tradition!

Also, I cannot figure out how to change the horrendous background color to my 'L' profile icon. Help!

Maybe find a picture of a gray silhouette and be the first to reclaim the faceless tradition!

On 7/28/2018 at 12:32 PM, larrytheimp said:

Maybe find a picture of a gray silhouette and be the first to reclaim the faceless tradition!

You have made me exceedingly happy with this post. I personally don't like Gravatar but I was willing to sign up, just so I could implement this plan.

Archived