Greywater Watch

Rondo

On 5/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, Tour De Force said:

Greywater Watch is hard to find.  I don't remember reading a good description of this keep.

I have envisioned the lands of the Neck to be something akin to the USA Louisiana bayou.

I had not heard of crannogs before reading this story. I did a bit of googling and discovered that the Scots have done some archeological digs and found houses built on stilts:

http://www.crannog.co.uk/

When trying to figure out how Greywater Watch moves I came upon the idea of houseboats. Scoff if you want. For me it was quite interesting that people actually built and lived upon multi-level flat bottom boats in areas of the US.

18 minutes ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

The Greywater Watch may be a massive house boat or , a hill fort build on large islands in the middle of the swamp .Flooding and droughts that cause water levels to change old paths and channels vanish while new ones appear , to the invaders it would have the appearance of floating houses .

I was tossing out ideas and what I discovered. You may be correct ---  if Greywater Watch is stationary, why can’t ravens find it? :mellow:

Invaders are a different ball of wax. Try marching your heavily armed knights and their horses through a swamp or bog. :devil:

Archived