PSA: if you are watching a TV use any large gun battle as a coffee/toilet break

chuck norris 42

***begin random rant ***

I liked  "The walking dead" until it had a large gun battle that was way beyond ludicrous 
I like "Westworld" but I was glad I only watched  the large gun battle through the corner of my eye because it was way beyond ludicrous. 

*** end random rant ***

carry on. 

Saw the topic and was like WTF? I uaually use the pause button!  But back on track, both of those scenes were really bad. TWD especially.  The Westworld one was more understandable if you believe that it was done on purpose.

Spoiler

They were there to get Abernathy back unharmed. I think the Delos VP knew she was sacrificing all those security guys to create chaos at the front so they could sneak in and get Abernathy.

I choose to give the show more credit than it may deserve.

The scene in the film Heat is pretty amazing. That's a film, not a TV show. But it's high-octane stuff.

I fast forward / skip to where stuff actually happens again.  I do this with every big fight scene no matter what genre.  Except for, at first, Vikings, and now for The Last Kingdom (though I will skip some of them on the third rewatch).

On 5/13/2018 at 10:01 AM, Yukle said:

The scene in the film Heat is pretty amazing. That's a film, not a TV show. But it's high-octane stuff.

The bank robbery?, that was pretty amazing tbf.

On 5/20/2018 at 8:52 AM, Lord Sidious said:

The bank robbery?, that was pretty amazing tbf.

Yeah, that was really good. It made lots of other action scenes in other films unwatchable because it was so good.

19 hours ago, Yukle said:

Yeah, that was really good. It made lots of other action scenes in other films unwatchable because it was so good.

I completely agree with you, in fact Heat is just a really good film all round.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:33 AM, chuck norris 42 said:

I like watching TV shows that cost a lot of money to make, However they cannot properly do large battles with lots of guns,  People will stand out in the open for a very long period of time without getting shot. 

The thread is a bit odd, but you are correct. Real combat (at least with trained fighters armed with rifles or machine guns) revolves a lot more around lying down, crawling around, and using cover than most movies or TV series show. Running around in the open without covering fire is likely to get you gunned down in seconds, even over pretty long distances. 

Another thing shows tend to get wrong is how loud firearms actually are. Firing an assault rifle indoors without wearing protection is a big no-no if you value your hearing, for example. Even when you wear earplugs it is pretty damn loud. 

8 hours ago, Khaleesi did nothing wrong said:

The thread is a bit odd, but you are correct. Real combat (at least with trained fighters armed with rifles or machine guns) revolves a lot more around lying down, crawling around, and using cover than most movies or TV series show. Running around in the open without covering fire is likely to get you gunned down in seconds, even over pretty long distances. 

Also, I've a cousin who's a police person and he reckons you should never fire while moving.

Archived