Small, unworthy things: part whatever

S John

17 hours ago, maarsen said:

A CO2 shortage?? How can that be? Has global warming been stopped in its tracks? Please elucidate me. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44613652

16 hours ago, Maltarinho said:

A lot of the plants that manufacture it (for use in things like beer and soft drinks) are closed for maintenance. Apparently this often happens in the summer, but this year an unusually large number have closed at the same time.

The bbc article has a handy map and only 2 are currently operating. 

6 hours ago, S John said:

1. How?

2. Texas, Florida and West Giannini. Three states where nothing will surprise you. 

15 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I show so much restraint by refraining from typing "420 blaze it" anytime weed comes up in the US politics thread.

Wouldn't say no to a medal or anything.

Gave you a trophy thingy, close enough to a medal 

I obviously need to invest more points into my chair placing stat. I mean, I want to be close enough to the smoke that insects won't bother me, but this is the third time the wind has shifted forcing me to relocate because of 'smoke to the face' syndrome. 

When the hell did sitting around a bonfire become a learned skill?

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:55 AM, larrytheimp said:

I show so much restraint by refraining from typing "420 blaze it" anytime weed comes up in the US politics thread.

Wouldn't say no to a medal or anything.

This morning while driving to work on NPR they were reporting that fires in Oregon were destroying weed farms!   :angry2:  So I was thinking, watch out dopers, the price of weed is going up!  Then I realized they were saying 'wheat'!    D'oh, NPR would call it cannabis, not weed.   Dopey (figurative only I don't imbibe)  me.   

:lol:

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have never worked anywhere that the communal fridge wasn't an absolute biohazard, i'd rather leave my food in the baking sun than stick it in your breeding ground. 

Damn straight!

I opened a fridge at a job and there was a mouse running around in the bottom of the fridge.  Never again, and where I work now we have a nice new fridge, and nope, not once have I put anything in it.  nfw

• 5 weeks later...

Archived