Small, unworthy things: part whatever

S John

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

This begs a mandatory follow up question, which movies have you already seen with them?

The first specific uncomfortable example would be American Beauty, which I saw with them in theaters when I was 14.  Can't really recall many other examples - hell I haven't seen them in six months so I don't really recall much - but it's fairly ordinary that we will end up watching something with some light nudity.  Ya know, the usual, like Backdoor Sluts 9:

If only.  My dad would probably be insanely annoying.  On the rare occasion he gets drunk (usually a two beer a night guy), and the one time he took vicodin after back surgery, it does not go well (my brother and I were happy to relieve him of the prescription).  My mom's like the only person that went to Berkeley from 1969-1973 that claims she never smoked weed, and doesn't like it generally since my brother and I were potheads growing up.

9 hours ago, DMC said:

The first specific uncomfortable example would be American Beauty, which I saw with them in theaters when I was 14.  Can't really recall many other examples - hell I haven't seen them in six months so I don't really recall much - but it's fairly ordinary that we will end up watching something with some light nudity.  Ya know, the usual, like Backdoor Sluts 9:

Great empathy for you. My parents never make anything of sex and nudity on tv/film but I still squirm if a scene comes on while I’m in the room. But to a pretty prudish extent really because I cause even watch the 12-rated James Bond sex without dying a little inside

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Great empathy for you. My parents never make anything of sex and nudity on tv/film but I still squirm if a scene comes on while I’m in the room. But to a pretty prudish extent really because I cause even watch the 12-rated James Bond sex without dying a little inside

Wait......Telling your mother about dick picks in movies isn't normal? Why did I recommend Outlaw King to her then (true story) ?

Edit: Yeah, stuff like that does make me squirm too. I've found trying to play it off like a joke helps a bit.

15 hours ago, DMC said:

The lolz are real, and I remember watching Titanic with my mom when I was 10. Awkward!!!

That said, I’d be more uncomfortable watching something that was sexually taboo, like Lolita, than something that has some nudity in it.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

How many lessons out of curiosity? My wife is learning and it's costing stupid money. I'm sure it never used to take this many lessons back in the day. 

Looooooads. The thing is I was told last JUNE that I was test ready but apparently nope...took my first test in November and failed and then hadn’t one lesson before my January 11th test and passed. 

So all together I started in May 2017 and I had a 2 hour lesson most weeks with a few weeks off here and there. I don’t want to even think about how much that’s cost me in total considering my lessons were £44. 

18 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I passed my driving test! Took me 1.5 years and I failed the first time around but I am soooo relieved

Theda, I am sooo proud of you! Congratulations. :cheers:

18 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I passed my driving test! Took me 1.5 years and I failed the first time around but I am soooo relieved

Congratulations!

I'm thinking that when I get paid for writing this post-grad course I might use the money (some of the money, depending on how much it costs these days?*) to do one of those intense week long courses.

*when I was 17 lessons cost £10 a go

Just checked and you can get a five day course plus the exam for £250. Bargain!

Archived