Small, unworthy things: part whatever

S John

22 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How is that even possible?

And pro tip, go with Toaster Strudel instead. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.  

Well I have used one at a friend's house.  We had one in the report area at work for a while.  I have never had one of my own, though.  I bought my first microwave last winter.  The toaster is much more exciting.  I am interested in these Toaster Strudels.

I'm pretty dull with my tea.  A fresh, hot green tea with likely too much lemon added and I'm good.  They serve a cold blackberry green tea at Yard House that's pretty good.  I also like the house oolong when dining at a Chinese restaurant.

29 minutes ago, Inkdaub said:

Well I have used one at a friend's house.  We had one in the report area at work for a while.  I have never had one of my own, though.  I bought my first microwave last winter.  The toaster is much more exciting.  I am interested in these Toaster Strudels.

May I ask where you live? It's totally foreign to me not have a microwave or a toaster, and I've lived in the developing world.

13 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The grill section of your oven. 

The broiler?  

The only place I’ve had “grilled” toast was in Liberty City, which is a Miami hood, and it was cooked similarly to how Elwood did it in The Blues Brothers. Pretty damn good though.

28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

What's up with dicks watching stuff in their phones on trains without headphones? Don't be a prick. 

Dude, you’re a cop. Arrest them for being a public nuisance and then beat them a little bit when no one is looking.

5 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

You want something decadent? Have you ever had Thomas' English muffins? I mean after you slice one in half to toast it, then when it pops out of the toaster so crispy and so hot it melts the real whipped butter as soon as you spread it on and it pools and collects in all the nooks and crannies, then you put your choice of jam, jelly, or preserves on it (I favor strawberry, raspberry, or grape)? Put the muffin back together like a sandwich and take a bite, hot, crispy, rich, and sweet, a butter and jam concoction drips down your chin, and no matter how many times you've had it before you can't believe how good it is. Bagels are also good done this way but English muffins are the best.

Also, another good toaster treat, cinnamon toast. Get cinnamon spice, put some in bowl with sugar and mix it real good, toast your choice of bread, when it comes out of the toaster slather it with butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it.

5 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

You want something decadent? Have you ever had Thomas' English muffins? I mean after you slice one in half to toast it, then when it pops out of the toaster so crispy and so hot it melts the real whipped butter as soon as you spread it on and it pools and collects in all the nooks and crannies, then you put your choice of jam, jelly, or preserves on it (I favor strawberry, raspberry, or grape)? Put the muffin back together like a sandwich and take a bite, hot, crispy, rich, and sweet, a butter and jam concoction drips down your chin, and no matter how many times you've had it before you can't believe how good it is. Bagels are also good done this way but English muffins are the best.

Also, another good toaster treat, cinnamon toast. Get cinnamon spice, put some in bowl with sugar and mix it real good, toast your choice of bread, when it comes out of the toaster slather it with butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it.

I was raised on cinnamon toast, we didn't get those fancy Poptarts or Toaster Strudel or Eggos when I was a kid.   We never pre-mixed the sugar and cinnamon....  spread the butter, then sprinkle sugar across the slice and top it off with cinnamon.  

On 5/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, drawkcabi said:

I have had cinnamon toast, though my mom made it in the oven and not the toaster.  I have never had this muffin confection you describe. 

This is a good thread for someone who just bought a toaster.

I hear the people without earbuds on the train every single day. 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:46 PM, Leofric said:

I was raised on cinnamon toast, we didn't get those fancy Poptarts or Toaster Strudel or Eggos when I was a kid.   We never pre-mixed the sugar and cinnamon....  spread the butter, then sprinkle sugar across the slice and top it off with cinnamon.  

We used an old butter tub with a lid and washed out. We mixed the sugar and cinnamon in it and kept it by the toaster so we could just sprinkle it all on the buttered toast at once.

Life will find a way

"BOSTON (WHDH) - Two green baby anacondas were recently born in an all-female exhibit at the New England Aquarium in Boston, making them “biological celebrities” due to the fact that they were created without fertilization from a male, officials said.

The two-foot-long babies are a product of the unusual form of asexual reproduction called parthenogenesis or “virgin birth” in Greek, according to the aquarium."

This client at my job has had issues with his anger lately. My heart honestly pounds and my hands shake a little when he goes off. He's very aggressive. I saw in his paperwork that he held a knife to a family member's throat last year. I dread the days he comes in. His mental health worker has been staying with him a couple of hours before the end of program and until 3, or when his bus comes. I'm glad this is happening. Makes me feel much better when he's here. I'm glad my new job starts in two weeks. 

Also, my experiences with this have given me more respect for people who with violent people, or who work in emergency services. Yeesh.

Archived