Small, unworthy things: part whatever

S John

Have you reached official old age, even if you just turned 31, because you think the current music scene is beyond awful?  

to qualify as 'old' on these grounds, one'd need to suffer acute méconnaissance when confronted with new music, interpreting it instead as mere noise. 

am nostalgic for when i had thought, at 30, that the grave opened before me like a large hole in the ground.  

1 hour ago, sologdin said:

Have you reached official old age, even if you just turned 31, because you think the current music scene is beyond awful?  

to qualify as 'old' on these grounds, one'd need to suffer acute méconnaissance when confronted with new music, interpreting it instead as mere noise. 

am nostalgic for when i had thought, at 30, that the grave opened before me like a large hole in the ground.  

Why don’t you quote people so they know you’re responding to them? Is this your way of saying your lamp post hanging days are in the past?

i think i did quote something?  i prefer to avoid the quotation function for both the aesthetic presentation as well as the political reason of discouraging a reliance upon an automation that disengages the attention from the thread except when specifically hailed therein.

Got a summer job and gonna juggle that alongside my weekend job, my uni work and podcast and ...uhhh...social life? Gonna be exhausting for a few months but I NEED the money & it’s as a tour guide on a historic property so that should be fun. And hoping to pay off rest of my uni stuff and then save up a few hundred quid rent for a month and just MOVE to some city and get a crappy job for a bit. I need to leave Cornwall 

On 5/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, Fragile Bird said:

‘sighs’

’rolls eyes’

Yankees.

A student recently gave me a bunch of maple syrup candies from his recent trip to Canada.

I think they are delicious.

There, is this enough to get into a Canadian's good graces? :P

On 5/17/2019 at 3:47 PM, Tywin et al. said:

May I ask where you live? It's totally foreign to me not have a microwave or a toaster, and I've lived in the developing world.

I don't think having a microwave is standard even all over Europe.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:14 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Got a summer job and gonna juggle that alongside my weekend job, my uni work and podcast and ...uhhh...social life? Gonna be exhausting for a few months but I NEED the money & it’s as a tour guide on a historic property so that should be fun. And hoping to pay off rest of my uni stuff and then save up a few hundred quid rent for a month and just MOVE to some city and get a crappy job for a bit. I need to leave Cornwall 

Well my first day was kind of great actually?? All outside welcoming people to the island and checking tickets. And because it’s an island I got the boat to and from work which is super cool. 

On 5/17/2019 at 9:47 AM, Tywin et al. said:

May I ask where you live? It's totally foreign to me not have a microwave or a toaster, and I've lived in the developing world.

I haven't had a toaster or a microwave in like 10 years.  One place I rented for a year had a microwave but I don't think I ever used it.  

I can almost see how it would be convenient to use a microwave to reheat a single serving beverage (I currently reheat coffee in a small pot), and I guess a toaster oven probabaly (maybe?) uses less energy than just using my oven or stove top, but I'm not sure either of these justify actually going out and buying one.

OTOH my dad and stepmom and my siblings who live them cook pretty much everything in the microwave so wtf do I know?  

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Really? I think everyone in my program had one in South America. Odd.

It is not that they would be too expensive (I think? Never really thought about how much microwaves cost), but here having one and using it often would probably be seen as lazy and unhealthy.

4 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I haven't had a toaster or a microwave in like 10 years.  One place I rented for a year had a microwave but I don't think I ever used it.  

I can almost see how it would be convenient to use a microwave to reheat a single serving beverage (I currently reheat coffee in a small pot), and I guess a toaster oven probabaly (maybe?) uses less energy than just using my oven or stove top, but I'm not sure either of these justify actually going out and buying one.

OTOH my dad and stepmom and my siblings who live them cook pretty much everything in the microwave so wtf do I know?  

Don't you travel a ton though? Anyways, I basically need a microwave. I could up chicken breasts every few days and I can imagine reheating them with the stove each time. A toaster OTOH can go a long time without being used if I don't have bread. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is not that they would be too expensive (I think? Never really thought about how much microwaves cost), but here having one and using it often would probably be seen as lazy and unhealthy.

Really? I would never have guessed that there would be a stigma around owning them.

Ever had a day where everything seems to be getting worse as time goes by? Yeah, don't complain about it to this guy:

Cameron Jeffrey Wilson, 27, had a pistol tucked into his front pocket April 5 when the gun discharged, sending a bullet through his testicles and into his thigh, according to a probable cause affidavit filed April 16 in Chelan County Superior Court.

As doctors and nurses performed surgery at Central Washington Hospital, a balloon containing marijuana slipped out of his anus, the affidavit said.

Chelan County sheriff’s detectives were notified that Wilson had suffered a gunshot wound and then responded to the hospital. They searched the car and found a bag of methamphetamine inside a pair of blood-stained jeans he’d taken off before entering the hospital.

During a strip search, another balloon of marijuana slipped from Wilson’s anus, according to a probable cause affidavit filed April 19 in superior court.

https://thecomeback.com/general/washington-man-shoots-himself-in-testicles-while-hiding-marijuana-in-his-ass.html

7 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Lol, I'm guessing you havent seen any Chef Ramsey episodes?

It’s Ramsay, and fun fact, one of my step-brothers worked on the set of his shows for a few years. He was even gifted an entire kitchen set after he got robbed while living in the hood. Ramsay is actually super nice in real life.

On 5/28/2019 at 5:52 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Don't you travel a ton though? Anyways, I basically need a microwave. I could up chicken breasts every few days and I can imagine reheating them with the stove each time. A toaster OTOH can go a long time without being used if I don't have bread. 

Really? I would never have guessed that there would be a stigma around owning them.

Not really.  I go on camping/hiking/backpacking trips a lot but I don't eat out very often, almost never.  I cook pretty much everyday.  I can see where a microwave would save time though, especially if you're reheating a whole chicken breast (although I can't imagine the texture would be very appetizing).

If I have a roast or chicken to reheat I'm usually slicing off small pieces for a sandwich, fried rice, tacos, curry, stir fry, or ramen, I'd rarely be reheating an entire chunk of meat, especially something lean like a chicken breast.l

Archived