Small, unworthy things: part whatever

S John

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Websites that make me pause my adblocker can get in the bin.

For example this forum?

I cannot use the search function on this forum, for example, if the adblocker is on.

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

For example this forum?

I cannot use the search function on this forum, for example, if the adblocker is on.

Hmm - I've never had any trouble on this forum. Which adblocker & browser do you use?

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

Hmm - I've never had any trouble on this forum. Which adblocker & browser do you use?

Mozilla Firefox and uBlock Origin. I think I read in the Help forum at some point that using an adblocker might present problems with this site, but for me, it is mainly just the search function that doesn't work with a blocker, everything else works fine, so I don't really care.

Just now, Buckwheat said:

Mozilla Firefox and uBlock Origin. I think I read in the Help forum at some point that using an adblocker might present problems with this site, but for me, it is mainly just the search function that doesn't work with a blocker, everything else works fine, so I don't really care.

I also use firefox but I use Adblock, though ublock origin is good too from what I've heard! I haven't had to turn it off for the search function, if you're looking to make a change :)

In my case, I was trying to look at the weather here but the local weather website keeps telling me to turn it off!

49 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Man Flips Out at NY Bagel Shop Over Woman's Rejection in Viral Video | NBC New York

If I was Randy Newman I would file a preemptive restraining order against that guy.

Why are the men I know basketcases? Why do they all have PhDs? Is that the connection? There are only so many bits to the male brain, and add a thing, something else has to go? Why do they all remind me of my dad?

I had to *call* my dad, like on the *phone*, to find out what's going on with my mom. And he said talking seemed too complicated. Meanwhile, a fairly close friend from a few years ago, who was an academic mentor, shoulder to cry and general, you know, friend, is apparently in town (town being major African city where neither of us live and both here by rather opportune and cool coincidence) and I only found about it through other mutual contact and when I texted him, I got condescending, 'good luck' and 'no thanks' to meeting up in a really, like, schoolyard kind of way. I have no idea what I did, seriously. I mean, I moved, he moved, it hasn't even been that long. I saw him last summer. And meanwhile Mad Econ guy is also not responding to me, but he's starting to seem like the explicable one at this point. Why do I have drama? I am not a drama person. I'm not. Really.

10 hours ago, Datepalm said:

Why are the men I know basketcases? Why do they all have PhDs? Is that the connection? There are only so many bits to the male brain, and add a thing, something else has to go? Why do they all remind me of my dad?

I had to *call* my dad, like on the *phone*, to find out what's going on with my mom. And he said talking seemed too complicated. Meanwhile, a fairly close friend from a few years ago, who was an academic mentor, shoulder to cry and general, you know, friend, is apparently in town (town being major African city where neither of us live and both here by rather opportune and cool coincidence) and I only found about it through other mutual contact and when I texted him, I got condescending, 'good luck' and 'no thanks' to meeting up in a really, like, schoolyard kind of way. I have no idea what I did, seriously. I mean, I moved, he moved, it hasn't even been that long. I saw him last summer. And meanwhile Mad Econ guy is also not responding to me, but he's starting to seem like the explicable one at this point. Why do I have drama? I am not a drama person. I'm not. Really.

Now you are just inviting them!

10 hours ago, Datepalm said:

Why are the men I know basketcases? Why do they all have PhDs? Is that the connection?

Because we are all little boys.  Probably because of your social circle.  I don't think so, really, but maybe more so.

38 minutes ago, Raja said:

I'm sorry, I don't even know where to post this but what is going on. I have questions.

This makes me feel so much better about my life this morning...

So many questions! How did this last ten years? Does the husband have a mouse persona? Has he been hiding it from her and now feels it's the moment to reveal his true self? How did this start? 

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Thank you for remembering.

My sister is "kind of a big deal" in the Pioneer Valley organic farming community, and periodically gives my Dad seeds or starts of this and that.  Dad, proud of his daughter, will plant whatever she gives him in apparently random, often unseemly, or otherwise inappropriate (due to light or soil requirement) places.  So a few years ago he placed a tomato start along his front walk and by the end of summer he had an 8' cherry tomato tree rising up between his rhododendrons and the juniper hedge.   Dad loved it, and since then has nursed the volunteer sprouts that come up each year.  I just shake my head disapprovingly, and tsk tsk about his "front yard vegetable garden".  :P

12 hours ago, Datepalm said:

How did this last ten years?

I keep thinking about this and picturing her in laws jumping out from behind the sofa and talking to her as one of the figurines.

Also, people who put queen sized beds in rooms that are *way* too small for queen sized beds. Why would you do this? ( Admittedly, I always go for a smaller bed & a larger desk, but that's just me)

17 hours ago, Raja said:

I keep thinking about this and picturing her in laws jumping out from behind the sofa and talking to her as one of the figurines.

Also, people who put queen sized beds in rooms that are *way* too small for queen sized beds. Why would you do this? ( Admittedly, I always go for a smaller bed & a larger desk, but that's just me)

You are wrong! I mean, ideally it's well balanced, but in a small room is go for a large bed. Ive never used desks for much but clutter and sleeping diagonally is awesome. 

Archived