Small, unworthy things: part whatever

S John

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, Raja said:

We need a thread where everyone puts up pictures of their oldest/ most worn out shoes and figure out this discrepancy in how long sneakers/ shoes last!

How about a thread where you have to choose your most beloved shoes - shoes you should probably just throw out, but you can't because they're so darn comfortable and cool.

I've got a pair of older-than-dirt Bally's women's loafer type of shoes with about a 2" stacked heel that has a menswear look to it.  I need a shoehorn to get into them, but once they're on, they just conform to my feet so beautifully.  The leather is so soft and supple to the touch too.  They look great with jeans.  I've had them resoled once too.  But to be perfectly honest, they've done their duty and should be retired.  I just can't bring myself to do it.

Yes, a pair of shoes has wormed its way into my heart.  

2 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

How about a thread where you have to choose your most beloved shoes - shoes you should probably just throw out, but you can't because they're so darn comfortable and cool.

I've got a pair of older-than-dirt Bally's women's loafer type of shoes with about a 2" stacked heel that has a menswear look to it.  I need a shoehorn to get into them, but once they're on, they just conform to my feet so beautifully.  The leather is so soft and supple to the touch too.  They look great with jeans.  I've had them resoled once too.  But to be perfectly honest, they've done their duty and should be retired.  I just can't bring myself to do it.

Yes, a pair of shoes has wormed its way into my heart.  

I only ever wear the same pair of trainers, normally they last me about a year, then start a new pair.  However they aren't released regularly so whenever they are I always buy shedloads, I think I have 5 unworn pairs in my wardrobe currently waiting to be cracked open.

Trainers, like jeans are a pain, they reach perfect wearability and comfort, about 3 seconds before they fall apart.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:15 PM, Conflicting Thought said:

Today i learned of Pia Klemp. She is my new hero. 

She deserves more than to be put in a thread about small, unworthy things, for sure.  I'd never heard of her.  Thanks to you, now I have.

:love: 

On 8/24/2019 at 11:39 PM, Tears of Lys said:

She deserves more than to be put in a thread about small, unworthy things, for sure.  I'd never heard of her.  Thanks to you, now I have.

:love: 

As of now so have I. Thanks. 

Does ANYONE still use voice message for phones these days? Voice message is for landline phones. Why is the option to leave a voice message still offered for mobile phones and Skype when nobody answers, the phone/computer is off or they are in a place with no signal/wifi? Nobody I know listens to voice messages. We leave text messages or send an email.

I had voicemail on my last phone for call screening, I never answer a phone call if its not in my contacts. I prefer texts as well, but some businesses and older relatives do not text. I have gotten annoyed with email spam to point where Im now telling people I don't use it. If they want to contact me and aren't already in my saved contacts they will have to text or go through vm, my s.o. is still using email so if it's important enough emails can be screened through that account.

I guess im just becoming a little recluse, but honestly I love the peace of mind of cutting out any unnecessary communication, I'm not even sure my new phone has VM set up on it.

54 minutes ago, Conflicting Thought said:

Wtf happended to dave chappelle, he should have stayed retiered, awfull shit. 

Meh, I don't think it's too surprising.  I mean he had that whole sketch in his show where he was like "he made Thriller man.  Thriller."  In terms of controversial news of comedians today I thought Pete Davidson's tirade at phone users at UCF was far more funny.  That's (one of) my alma mater - represent!

3 hours ago, Conflicting Thought said:

Wtf happended to dave chappelle, he should have stayed retiered, awfull shit. 

Comedy doesn't tend to age well. I watched Blazing Saddles for the first time earlier this year and I was blown away with by the amount of racism in it.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Comedy doesn't tend to age well. I watched Blazing Saddles for the first time earlier this year and I was blown away with by the amount of racism in it.

Yeah, but im talking about his latest special, it came out like yesterday i think. Shit was born outdated.

Hes doubling down on the stupid shit he said in his lasts specials.

I guess i should have seen it coming, with the shit DMC said and his skits on r. Kelly. But i guess i expected better from him (dont know why, though). 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I stick with the Three Stooges.  Timeless.

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You’re referencing the latest movie right? The one with Kate Upton as the hot nun? She might even have abs in it.

:cool4:

Nope.  That sounds fine, but just the classics for me.  No Curly Joe, IOW.  Shemp was acceptable, but Curly was the BEST.

His immortal words:  "I'm tryin' to think, but nothing happens!"

Archived