Jump to content
S John

Small, unworthy things: part whatever

Recommended Posts

While walking my dog at lunch I happened upon an unusual set of items. On the sidewalk of an upscale neighborhood I found a pair of broken Gucci glasses, then about ten feet further I found a 5 inch heel stuck in the mud. About 20 feet further down the sidewalk was a torn up jockstrap and the last thing I found was a broken roll of dimes.

The hell went down before I got there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

While walking my dog at lunch I happened upon an unusual set of items. On the sidewalk of an upscale neighborhood I found a pair of broken Gucci glasses, then about ten feet further I found a 5 inch heel stuck in the mud. About 20 feet further down the sidewalk was a torn up jockstrap and the last thing I found was a broken roll of dimes.

The hell went down before I got there?

You were so close to finding a black Amex card, a box full of 3D printer code on USB sticks, and a flux capacitor.  But you're a quitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A client went berserk at work today. I told him his bag had a hole in it (it was big and looked like some of his stuff was falling out). His eyes got a little bloodshot and intense. He said "like 15 other people" told him that. I said I didn't know that and apologized. He said some angry things, don't remember what. Myself and another staff calmly said I was trying to help. He soon loudly said we were pains in his butt. I think we said again that I was trying to help. He said we were pains in his ass. We looked at our computers to work and try to ignore him. He soon shouted we were pains in his asshole, "especially you, Lizard Queen!"

He was very obviously pissed off. Myself and the other staff were surely hoping he'd calm down as we tried to ignore him, but he didn't. He continued yelling about how staff persons were pains in his ass over and over, and he said "I'll get a new fucking bag if it'll make you happy, LQ!" It was definitely intimidating, especially since he was sitting next to the cubicle entry, which was the only way out of the cubicle area. He also said "you staff are fucked in the head, I swear to God!" (Yeah, he says WE are the ones fucked in the head, as he goes ballistic over someone telling him his bag has a hole in it...)

A coworker showed up after a few minutes of him screaming and tried to talk to him. He shouted more about how we were pains in the ass, and I think he told the coworker to fuck off. The coworker left, and another coworker and someone who works for a different service on our team showed up soon after. He shouted at both of them. The other coworker took him into a meeting room to talk in private. He called her a bitch and screamed at her. When he returned, two other clients told him to knock it off, basically. I was later told the angry client got in one of the other client's face while he threatened violence. I believe the angry client called the other client some name that involved colors (not racially), or threatened him in a way that involved turning him different colors. The threatened client was saying things like "okay, white boy" and didn't seem to be taking the angry client seriously. My coworker was trying to get these two other clients to go somewhere else. They eventually did.

Once the cops showed up and got inside, he of course stopped shouting and honestly became calm, even cheery. After he spoke with the police, he smiled, shook their hands, and said he was sorry they had to come out for him. 

I stood in the cubicle area until the police showed up. The client stood around the cubicle entry for nearly the whole episode. I was honestly afraid to walk out. He was especially mad at me, at least earlier on. My coworkers who talked to him in his state were brave. I don't know if it was cowardice, but as I said, I stood in the cubicle and didn't say a word to him for pretty much the whole time. 

 

This was a little long-winded -- I have to write a report about the incident tomorrow and thought this post could be used for some reference, heh.

Edited by Lizard Queen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today I was forrageing up some bonfire wood and spring cleaning around my property and saw some swirl shaped plastic item floating in the marsh. At first I thought it may have been some refuge from a carpet vacuum by the colorful strands and clumped together shape. But to my surprize it actually turned out to be unmistakably a birds nest.

So birds our actually taking strands of plastic and using them as nesting material, I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So today I was forrageing up some bonfire wood and spring cleaning around my property and saw some swirl shaped plastic item floating in the marsh. At first I thought it may have been some refuge from a carpet vacuum by the colorful strands and clumped together shape. But to my surprize it actually turned out to be unmistakably a birds nest.

So birds our actually taking strands of plastic and using them as nesting material, I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

You were in The Marsh at night?

You weren't possessed by evil spirits were you?

"whispers" Evil Dire Wolf Spirits

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 6:03 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

You were in The Marsh at night?

You weren't possessed by evil spirits were you?

"whispers" Evil Dire Wolf Spirits

you better not go at night
There's things out there in the middle of them woods
That'd make a strong man die from fright
There's things that crawl and things that fly
And things that creep around on the ground
And they say the ghost of Lucius Clay gets up and it walks around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Among the small annoyances in life, few things bug me more than when a food chain takes your beloved meal off of their menu. I’m a super picky eater, and rare is it that I can find something that’s both relatively healthy and delicious.

Damn you Noodles & Co. Damn you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Among the small annoyances in life, few things bug me more than when a food chain takes your beloved meal off of their menu. I’m a super picky eater, and rare is it that I can find something that’s both relatively healthy and delicious.

Damn you Noodles & Co. Damn you!!!

I remember how sad I was when Burger King renoved the King Supreme from their menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I still mourn Cadburys Dream bars

Why not order them from Australia?

Afraid a dropbear will pop out of the wrapper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why not order them from Australia?

Afraid a dropbear will pop out of the wrapper?

Because i’m racist towards Australians.

 

and also a student, have you seen the price tag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

and also a student, have you seen the price tag?

Yeah, it was a bit shocking to see that they’re like $10 per. Are they at least big?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 16, 2019 at 5:22 PM, Tywin et al. said:

While walking my dog at lunch I happened upon an unusual set of items. On the sidewalk of an upscale neighborhood I found a pair of broken Gucci glasses, then about ten feet further I found a 5 inch heel stuck in the mud. About 20 feet further down the sidewalk was a torn up jockstrap and the last thing I found was a broken roll of dimes.

The hell went down before I got there?

My theory on these are that those were all the thawed out remnants from a plowed bank of snow. It was a helluva winter in the midwest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

My theory on these are that those were all the thawed out remnants from a plowed bank of snow. It was a helluva winter in the midwest.

Maybe? That did happen in our alley, but this was different. Anyways the odd thing is the hell was left out there for a rather long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, it was a bit shocking to see that they’re like $10 per. Are they at least big?

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never owned a toaster so I bought one and it is absolutely thrilling to make pop-tarts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×