Jump to content
S John

Small, unworthy things: part whatever

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Inkdaub said:

I have never owned a toaster so I bought one and it is absolutely thrilling to make pop-tarts.

How is that even possible?

And pro tip, go with Toaster Strudel instead. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Crumpets or muffins you heathens, get a grip!

Get your Eurocommunism out of my freedumb!!!

*slaps Helena’s tea off of the table*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Get your Eurocommunism out of my freedumb!!!

*slaps Helena’s tea off of the table*

....too far, Tywin, too far. Now feel the full wrath of an angered Brit.

*tuts, shakes head, rolls eyes, mutters “fucking wanker”*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

....too far, Tywin, too far. Now feel the full wrath of an angered Brit.

*tuts, shakes head, rolls eyes, mutters “fucking wanker”*

I’m left with no choice but to relitigate a conversation I had with @Fragile Bird:

Tea is gross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

‘sighs’

’rolls eyes’

Yankees.

Go live high on the hog and put some syrup in your tea before we invade your country for your sweet, sweet water.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

depends on the type of tea.  i'm kinda into peach teas these days, and dandelions are the platonist form of the bitter.  one might, hypothetically, recall with fondness psilocybin tea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How is that even possible?

And pro tip, go with Toaster Strudel instead. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.  

Well I have used one at a friend's house.  We had one in the report area at work for a while.  I have never had one of my own, though.  I bought my first microwave last winter.  The toaster is much more exciting.  I am interested in these Toaster Strudels.

I'm pretty dull with my tea.  A fresh, hot green tea with likely too much lemon added and I'm good.  They serve a cold blackberry green tea at Yard House that's pretty good.  I also like the house oolong when dining at a Chinese restaurant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Inkdaub said:

Well I have used one at a friend's house.  We had one in the report area at work for a while.  I have never had one of my own, though.  I bought my first microwave last winter.  The toaster is much more exciting.  I am interested in these Toaster Strudels.

May I ask where you live? It's totally foreign to me not have a microwave or a toaster, and I've lived in the developing world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Toast is better under a hot grill. But much less convenient. 

Are we talking a toaster oven or are you actually grilling it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are we talking a toaster oven or are you actually grilling it?

The grill section of your oven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The grill section of your oven. 

The broiler?  

The only place I’ve had “grilled” toast was in Liberty City, which is a Miami hood, and it was cooked similarly to how Elwood did it in The Blues Brothers. Pretty damn good though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

What's up with dicks watching stuff in their phones on trains without headphones? Don't be a prick. 

Dude, you’re a cop. Arrest them for being a public nuisance and then beat them a little bit when no one is looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

Well I have used one at a friend's house.  We had one in the report area at work for a while.  I have never had one of my own, though.  I bought my first microwave last winter.  The toaster is much more exciting.  I am interested in these Toaster Strudels.

You want something decadent? Have you ever had Thomas' English muffins? I mean after you slice one in half to toast it, then when it pops out of the toaster so crispy and so hot it melts the real whipped butter as soon as you spread it on and it pools and collects in all the nooks and crannies, then you put your choice of jam, jelly, or preserves on it (I favor strawberry, raspberry, or grape)? Put the muffin back together like a sandwich and take a bite, hot, crispy, rich, and sweet, a butter and jam concoction drips down your chin, and no matter how many times you've had it before you can't believe how good it is. Bagels are also good done this way but English muffins are the best.

Also, another good toaster treat, cinnamon toast. Get cinnamon spice, put some in bowl with sugar and mix it real good, toast your choice of bread, when it comes out of the toaster slather it with butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

You want something decadent? Have you ever had Thomas' English muffins? I mean after you slice one in half to toast it, then when it pops out of the toaster so crispy and so hot it melts the real whipped butter as soon as you spread it on and it pools and collects in all the nooks and crannies, then you put your choice of jam, jelly, or preserves on it (I favor strawberry, raspberry, or grape)? Put the muffin back together like a sandwich and take a bite, hot, crispy, rich, and sweet, a butter and jam concoction drips down your chin, and no matter how many times you've had it before you can't believe how good it is. Bagels are also good done this way but English muffins are the best.

Also, another good toaster treat, cinnamon toast. Get cinnamon spice, put some in bowl with sugar and mix it real good, toast your choice of bread, when it comes out of the toaster slather it with butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it.

I was raised on cinnamon toast, we didn't get those fancy Poptarts or Toaster Strudel or Eggos when I was a kid.   We never pre-mixed the sugar and cinnamon....  spread the butter, then sprinkle sugar across the slice and top it off with cinnamon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, drawkcabi said:

You want something decadent? Have you ever had Thomas' English muffins? I mean after you slice one in half to toast it, then when it pops out of the toaster so crispy and so hot it melts the real whipped butter as soon as you spread it on and it pools and collects in all the nooks and crannies, then you put your choice of jam, jelly, or preserves on it (I favor strawberry, raspberry, or grape)? Put the muffin back together like a sandwich and take a bite, hot, crispy, rich, and sweet, a butter and jam concoction drips down your chin, and no matter how many times you've had it before you can't believe how good it is. Bagels are also good done this way but English muffins are the best.

Also, another good toaster treat, cinnamon toast. Get cinnamon spice, put some in bowl with sugar and mix it real good, toast your choice of bread, when it comes out of the toaster slather it with butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it.

I have had cinnamon toast, though my mom made it in the oven and not the toaster.  I have never had this muffin confection you describe. 

This is a good thread for someone who just bought a toaster.

I hear the people without earbuds on the train every single day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×