S John

Small, unworthy things: part whatever

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:28 AM, Raja said:

There's a blade runner marathon screening in the first week of september close-ish to where I live and I am much excite.

Can  2 films be a 'marathon'?

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The length of the films can be.  They both run for 5 hours total.

Blade Runner Directors cut is 116 Minutes

2049 164 Minutes

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Depends on the films. There are some single films that feel like a fucking marathon.

And Trevor is shittier.

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Settle an argument for me, which name is shitter, Barry or Trevor?

Trevor is definitely shitter than Barry.

Just Barry Chuckle on his own brings Barry right up there with the coolest names, like Megatron, Hannibal and Quincy.

6 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Trevor is definitely shitter than Barry.

Just Barry Chuckle on his own brings Barry right up there with the coolest names, like Megatron, Hannibal and Quincy.

And Barry from Eastenders. 

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Something is missing from this post. Not quite sure what....

@Theda Baratheon

thats better ;) 

So uhhh...where’s this screening then 

On 8/12/2019 at 8:43 PM, Tears of Lys said:

I'm a court reporter and recall vividly how much I hated reporting voir dire.  People are generally unaccustomed to speaking about themselves in front of large groups and they tend to clam up and mumble, making the court reporter's job a living nightmare.

Speaking of voir dire, interesting factoid: Jury selection in the O.J. Simpson case took over 300 DAYS.  The folks who made it onto the jury were sequestered during the trial under the watchful eyes of bailiffs (one of which was a good friend of mine.  Fun guy.)  

That's a cool job.  The court reporter at my trial was pretty great.  She'd yell if she couldn't understand what was said and the lawyers, or whomever, would stop talking instantly.  Also to sit there in the middle with the trial going on takes confidence I likely don't have.

I just ate two Beyond Burgers and they were delicious.  Easily the best store bought veggie burger I have ever had. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

So uhhh...where’s this screening then 

It's in London :), at the prince charles cinema, it's a nice little space. Calling themselves that is certainly a choice though.

And I guess you call it a double feature, as opposed to a marathon, though the run time is like 300 minutes! I missed both of these when they first came out, so it'll be nice to see em on a big screen.

Edited by Raja

@Raja: this is definitly a marathon and I'm sure you will enjoy 2049 on big screen (a wonderful experience in theater: perfect photo, perfect colors, perfect framing...even if personnaly I prefer the first Blade Runner, that, at least, has a genuine story to tell...) .

By the way, Trevor is the worst name. Remember, this is the name of Neville's toad in HP.

When are we going to get sensor locks on bathroom stall doors? The thought of all the people touching that lock with their nasty poop laced hands is horrifying.

Once the neck valve becomes a reality we'll never poo again as a species, nor get fat.   All the flavor of the food, none of the consequences.   

Another million dollar diet fad idea i'm giving away for free---stock only survival rations in your snack cabinet for a week, then for weight loss switch to eating them full time.    Ironically, they make one not want to survive.   Daily food intake will go way down.   Then for the exercise part of this life changing health regimen, you'll need to acquire a donkey.    (I'll wait.)

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Settle an argument for me, which name is shitter, Barry or Trevor?

Trevor. For the simple fact that the HBO show with Bill Hader called Barry is amazing. 

Also, I've know one Trevor and one Barry in my life. Neither was awesome, but I'll let you decide which you like better:

The first time I met Barry he was walking down a dirt road, barefoot, with his jeans rolled up to his knees. I said, "I'm with Nick. Are you Barry?" and he said, "Yeah. Have you seen a pickle bucket anywhere?"

The first time I met Trevor he wa...just kidding. I've never actually met anyone named Trevor because that is a terrible fucking name.

Edited by Joey Crows
italics

Trevor is the sweet and dependable old man who likes to tend his garden come rain or shine.

Barry is the alcoholic racist who props up the bar at the local

Posted (edited)
On 8/16/2019 at 6:19 PM, Yet another Arya ! said:

By the way, Trevor is the worst name. Remember, this is the name of Neville's toad in HP.

In the Slovene edition, Neville's toad was inexplicably renamed Hilary (Hillary?). Which is also a pretty awful-sounding name.

Edited by Buckwheat

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Trevor is the sweet and dependable old man who likes to tend his garden come rain or shine.

Barry is the alcoholic racist who props up the bar at the local

When I think of Trevor, I think of Trevor Noah, or maybe a pair of white MLB pitchers - Trevor Hoffman and Trevor Bauer.  Bauer is a pretty huge dick but the other two are pretty cool.  Don't think I've ever met a Trevor in real life.

As for Barry, I think of Bonds and, well, Barack Obama.  That's a pretty wide spread.  I have known one Barry irl - he was my roommate my second semester of college.  While he could probably be classified as an alcoholic, I'd say he was more a coke head in the 4 months I knew him.

All in all, if I had to, like, name one of kids one of the these, I think I'd go with Barry, but I agree both are definitely not names I'd choose.  Oh, Barry is also Henry Winkler's name in Arrested Development, so it's got that going for it.

Let's not forget the most exciting runner in NCAA and NFL history,  Barry Sanders. 

Trevor is the name of the shitty equipment manager that always passes out wrong sized shoulder pads.