S John

Small, unworthy things: part whatever

On 1/25/2019 at 2:53 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

SAying goodbye to my beloved dog Jake tomorrow he had his 16th birthday 2 days ago but he has deteriorated in such a way that he can no longer go on and am heartbroken - have grown up with him. I remember coming out of school when I was 9 years old and first seeing his awkward beautiful border collie puppy with big feet and a big head ...gorgeous boy. 

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. 

I feel your pain and know where you are.

:grouphug: 

19 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. 

I feel your pain and know where you are.

:grouphug: 

Thank you Drawk - I appreciate that. It’s been difficult. 

My daughter's cat was almost killed by a mouse. A computer mouse. It got knocked off the table and wrapped around the cat's neck and the more she pulled the tighter it got. My wife finally got her freed. The cat is doing well. 

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I’m wracking my brain trying to work out what ive done/what sites I visited for my targeted ads to be advertising all gay cruises 

SOunds like fun tbh 

On 2/4/2019 at 6:47 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I’m wracking my brain trying to work out what ive done/what sites I visited for my targeted ads to be advertising all gay cruises 

Adverts to my left right now are very Big Foot-centric.  I assure you I'm not into that stuff!

Back to the salad bar matter:

The other day there was a poker who did five-ish pokes per item, and I actually caught them grab just one leaf of lettuce on the final poke.  Well, now the salad is complete.  

Another horrible part of this phenomenon is when there's a slow person that bottlenecks the shit out of the salad bar.  When this happens it's completely inevitable that the rest of the line will kind of bunch up...just human nature.  The bottleneck person will nearly invariably feel this happening and will usually say "sorry" to the person who is next in line behind them but do so in a way that actually says "I don't appreciate you, the person closest to me, acting like I should speed up. "

Try to guess which person I was today.  

After five years of complaints (this isn’t an exaggeration, if anything it’s an under estimate, the complaints certainly stem from before I went to uni) we finally have a new boiler fitted that actually works! It’s so weird being able to come home and not worry that you will be sat in the cold all night, or to turn on the tap wondering if you can get a hot wash this evening. 

Just uploaded new video of my dog to YouTube

Here's the puppy one of her I've linked to before:

She is such a fun, darling, sweet baby girl!

Working at a residential home today. I think one of the residents bought an Imagine Dragons CD? Or downloaded some of their songs?

Whatever it is, all I know is that I've been listening to the same Imagine Dragons songs on repeat for five hours now...

20 hours ago, Lizard Queen said:

Working at a residential home today. I think one of the residents bought an Imagine Dragons CD? Or downloaded some of their songs?

Whatever it is, all I know is that I've been listening to the same Imagine Dragons songs on repeat for five hours now...

I really like ID.... but that would drive me bonkers

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2019 at 11:30 AM, aceluby said:

I really like ID.... but that would drive me bonkers

Yes, there were moments where I thought, "I don't want to hear ID ever again!" Thankfully, a roommate eventually played a movie loudly, and it drowned out ID most of the time, heh :P

Edited by Lizard Queen

Posted (edited)

Lewis Black is my favorite comedian and his description of USA's two party political system (It's "a bowl of shit looking in the mirror at itself.") perfectly encapsulated my attitude toward Congress.  As such, the quote has been part of my signature ever since I created one.  Yet, in the era of Orange45, the statement is no longer accurate.  In its place, I have added a passage that has stuck with me ever since I read it about 4 years ago .

Edited by Teng Ai Hui

On 3/24/2019 at 1:06 PM, Lizard Queen said:

Remarkable that you lived to report this with your sanity intact.  This sounds like something they'd have done as enhanced interrogation during the Bush years.

Posted (edited)

Google Inbox is now deactivated. <_<

Edited by Wolfgang I

On 3/31/2019 at 2:02 PM, Triskele said:

Remarkable that you lived to report this with your sanity intact.  This sounds like something they'd have done as enhanced interrogation during the Bush years.

Haha, I think the loud movie played about halfway in by the person's roommate was my saving grace. It drowned out parts of the songs, which was a huge help.

I thought there actually was some American war prison that was busted for playing its prisoners the I Love You song from Barney day and night (among other torment) during those years...

Actually not exactly a "small" thing but just wanted to express my awe at the first ever image of a black hole being released today by a group of observatories that say they used some of Einstein's theories to accomplish the feat. All of humanity is further enriched today imo.

If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton

6 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Actually not exactly a "small" thing but just wanted to express my awe at the first ever image of a black hole being released today by a group of observatories that say they used some of Einstein's theories to accomplish the feat. All of humanity is further enriched today imo.

If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton

I occasionally paraphrase Newton. 'If I have seen further than others it is by kicking the small minds into a pile and standing on them.' 

I think the reality is really a simulation hypothesis is a bunch of bullocks because who would really simulate a reality so banal?  But there was an article I read today about it and they postulated that the whole point of a simulation might be to see if we could deal with climate change.  What the suffering fuck?  I get that there's a narrative to support but if we're really all 1s and 0s in a simulated reality why the hell does it matter if the programmed parameters are going to lead to runaway global warming?