Avengers: Infinity War II (Not the real II) SPOILERS THREAD

Jeor

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

How do you market a Spider-Man movie where the main character is supposed to be dead?  Even if you realize he will be back, it still spoils A4.  :dunno: 

Dom't market it at all; just end A4 with a Spiderman-related cliffhanger.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Just saw there are some rumors going around about Spider-Man 2 (Supposedly called Spider-Man: Field Trip) No idea if they're true but read at your own risk (also might kinda spoil the next Avengers)

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-homecoming-2-plot-title-rumors/

Pretty sure there was a rumour going around that Michael Keaton would make a guest appearance. The lack of his inclusion in that link may/may not suggest it's fanfic.

34 minutes ago, felice said:

Dom't market it at all; just end A4 with a Spiderman-related cliffhanger.

Avengers 4 should be pretty good marketing as it is.

I'm actually curious how they'll market Avengers 4

will they deliberately not feature any of the "dead" characters? I guess they could as the big guns (minus Black Panther and spidey) are still there to look good on posters.

31 minutes ago, red snow said:

Pretty sure there was a rumour going around that Michael Keaton would make a guest appearance. The lack of his inclusion in that link may/may not suggest it's fanfic.

Hide contents

What do you mean?

Spoiler

It said Scorpion and Mysterio would try to get Vuture to reveal Peter's identity...

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

What do you mean?

Hide contents

It said Scorpion and Mysterio would try to get Vuture to reveal Peter's identity...

You're right - a brain fart on my part forgetting which character he played.

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

SM: Homecoming 2 to wrap filming in December.  On track for a summer 2019 opening.

Which leads to the question... how do they market the thing?  For comparison, Antman and the Wasp is releasing this summer and started the marketing push around the Super Bowl in early February.  

How do you market a Spider-Man movie where the main character is supposed to be dead?  Even if you realize he will be back, it still spoils A4.  :dunno: 

Depending on story direction...I'd say you market based around the villains...or, somehow tease Miles Morales and any involvement he might have...

Which, by the way, is really weird to me as he's a character that came about after I stopped reading comics regularly...

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Depending on story direction...I'd say you market based around the villains...or, somehow tease Miles Morales and any involvement he might have...

Which, by the way, is really weird to me as he's a character that came about after I stopped reading comics regularly...

Same, but everyone seems to have an irrational love for him.

15 hours ago, red snow said:

I'm actually curious how they'll market Avengers 4

Considering all the original Avengers are still front and center, the marketing will look much like the original Avengers film. Only with more tears. And regret. And a new Ironman suit. Because that's how Tony deals with grief.

I assumed the next spidey film would be set before avengers infinity wars, as theyd want to keep the high school theme for a couple of films. Would also let them avoid the infinity wars finale. 

• 4 months later...

It's been bugging me that Red Skull ended up as Dementor of the Soul Stone - I don't see the connection there.

Now, with the rumours of time-travelling shenanigans for Part 2, I wonder if one of our heroes gives him that assignment, maybe Cap himself.

8 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

It's been bugging me that Red Skull ended up as Dementor of the Soul Stone - I don't see the connection there.

Now, with the rumours of time-travelling shenanigans for Part 2, I wonder if one of our heroes gives him that assignment, maybe Cap himself.

But then you'd think they'd have told him not help Thanos get the stone. Do they still do those tie in comics? Cause if so they really should do one that tells how Red Skull got there. 

10 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense but the movie lacks sense in a lot of places -- it's just hard to dwell on them when the pace is so fast.

I'm mostly just glad that we might get a potential final Red Skull / Captain America confrontation. I might be looking forward to that more than anything else in Avengers 4... and if we don't get it, I'll feel very let down.

11 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Hasn't it been like 50 years since he was sucked through the face stone?

11 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Is that legit? I've never seen a whiff of that kind of rumor...

There have been 

pictures of her in a motion capture suit and she's hinted at it in at least one interview

Colbert asked if Paltrow if she thrust her hand toward someone wearing a motion-capture suit while filming and she said yes. Colbert thinks that means she'll have powers in the sequel.

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

But then you'd think they'd have told him not help Thanos get the stone. Do they still do those tie in comics? Cause if so they really should do one that tells how Red Skull got there. 

Doctor Strange gave up the Time Stone.  Maybe the ultimate plan, that Red Skull is either in on or has been tricked into, was for Thanos to get all the Stones and Snap?

On 6/6/2018 at 5:56 PM, Derfel Cadarn said:

I assumed the next spidey film would be set before avengers infinity wars, as theyd want to keep the high school theme for a couple of films. Would also let them avoid the infinity wars finale. 

It can also be set after infinity war 2 in a "no one remembers what happened because it was undone. I'm not sure how any society could be normal, even if everyone returned, after the snap. "The leftovers" was a fucked up world after losing 10% and that was largely due to the fact it happened out of the blue and it could therefore happen again.

I'm hoping the heroes directly involved will remember though as otherwise the whole thing feels like a cheat.

14 hours ago, WarGalley said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense but the movie lacks sense in a lot of places -- it's just hard to dwell on them when the pace is so fast.

Eh, there's a difference between 'doesn't make sense' and 'isn't explained'. I'm willing to give movies a lot more leeway with the latter. 

Archived