Avengers: Infinity War II (Not the real II) SPOILERS THREAD

Jeor

9 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Tor.com are doing a Superhero Re-watch https://www.tor.com/series/the-great-superhero-movie-rewatch/    They've just done Avengers Assemble  https://www.tor.com/2018/10/26/earths-mightiest-heroes-type-of-thing-avengers/ , assessing it as pretty much a perfect superhero movie and a gamechanger.

It was definitely a game changer and age of Ultron and justice League showed it wasn't an easy thing to pull off.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, DaveSumm said:

I’m less convinced than everyone else here that Marvel have immediate plans for F4. They have plenty of other heroes to be getting on with, they’ve proved they can launch lesser known heroes ... F4 had two mediocre films and a recent unsuccessful relaunch. I just don’t see what the urgency is with it.

It gives them opportunities to do something different. Plus I can imagine them rising to the challenge of making a toxic franchise work. A bit like how they were happy to revitalise Spidey after an awful film. If they make a 100 million weekend grossing FF that's major bragging rights.

I also think part of the reason the FF haven't worked in the past was because one was a childish semi comedy and the other was an overly serious military take. No one has went for the MCU approach.

3 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I can see them waiting a few more years before they introduce the FF to the MCU, to fully cleanse the team from the stink that was fant4stic. 

I think it depends on what they've got planned post-A4 - but they have already shown that their plans are adaptable eg. shoe-horning Spidey in.

They could wait a few years, or they could introduce them in 2020 and I think it would work.  One reason could be the Tony Stark-shaped genius/inventor hole that could be  filled by Reed.

Archived