Is Rhaegal completely useless?

zoenerys

In the show he never gets ANY shine. We don't even get a good shot of him, it's always focused on Drogon. I get that Drogon is Daenerys' mount but she does not even care about the other two at all. We didn't even get a shot of Rhaegal escaping the north! If it hadn't been for that far away shot of him during the dragon pit meeting, I would've thought he died. 

Also don't get me started on the fact that they had Jon bonding with Drogon and not Rhaegal. If they have Jon ride Drogon I will be pissed. 

12 hours ago, zeb1814 said:

Also don't get me started on the fact that they had Jon bonding with Drogon and not Rhaegal. If they have Jon ride Drogon I will be pissed. 

Agreed. The show took the easy way: "we must show that Jon has a bond with dragons, but no way we can afford CGIing a 2nd dragon, let's use the one that's already computed, and so much for plot coherence"…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 9:52 PM, tugela said:

A head that is red?

Rhaegal is green

10 hours ago, DMBouazizi said:

Caught this topic skimming the front page of the site and thought it asked if Rhaegel was completely useless.  In that case, inarguably.

I only just learnt which one was the dragon and which one was the prince 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe his time is coming. I do think Daenerys will become pregnant and unable to ride, so that means 2 new riders for the dragons will emerge. One is definitely Jon, the other, I have no clue. I see it being Arya, but I won't rule out Tyrion, Jorah or maybe even Jaime or Beric. Or hell, maybe even Sansa or Bran.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:28 PM, of man and wolf said:

who cares really...where's Ghost?

Jon is binding with some dragons but leaves his Wolf behind. Pfft.

Yeah, this, I miss Ghost.  He wasn't even at the Battle of the Bastards, he should always be somewhere around Jon.  As for Rhaegal well, Drogon is Dany's mount and even in the books GRRM gives him a much bigger part than the other two.   I look at it this way, Robert E.Lee had other horses but Traveler is the only one who gets any press.

Archived