Unpopular opinions

Mosi Mynn

I don’t hate Twilight. I would go as far as to say that I kinda like it. New Moon has a brilliant soundtrack, in particular, and has some pretty cool scenes 1)the scene showing the transition of months is a really great portrayal of clinical depression and 2) the scene when Bella jumps into the water and sees Edward with Grizzly Bear playing is genuinely beautiful. 

27 minutes ago, Risto said:

Oh, boy... I will stay out of LOTR movies confessions save one...

1. Cate Blanchett is God given creature that has graced every movie she has been in. Perhaps it is not unpopular, but has to be said.

2. I don't think Sophie Turner sucks playing Sansa Stark or that she is a bad actress. I think that she tries very hard to have that Sansa's empty-headed looks that makes people think she is stupid, which is why she gives nothing sometimes.

3. The only woman in MCU that Disney should be making movie is Margaret Peggy Carter. 

4. This one is divisive, so I don't know whether it is unpopular, but... Jennifer Lawrence simply does nothing for me as an actress. Completely uninspiring actress.

5. I like Henry Cavill as Superman, and I wish he had been James Bond.

6. For some reason, I never understood the love for Peter Dinklage.

7. I still watch "Grey's anatomy"... Don't ask why.

8. Sheldon Cooper still makes me laugh.

9. Kathryn Janeway was the best Star Trek captain in terms of saying "battle stations"

10. Oh, the biggie... I never watched Buffy. I understand how popular it is, but simply... Not my cup of tea.

11. I think "Legend of the Seeker" was more than watchable fantasy series.

I will think of more... But, so far these... :D 

How is not having watched a show an "opinion"?

13 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Taxi Driver is boring.

12 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Big Lebowski is funny but it’s so overrated and isn’t as good as everyone says. 

The first one already hurt enough... :(

Alien is boring, long live Aliens! 

The only reason that justifies Blade Runner's existence is the incredible sequel we got out of it so many years later.

Superhero films are pretty much always bad to mediocre.

The Dark Knight isn't a great film, it's a great performance by one man. 

The Royal Wedding is a blasphemous fuck you towards all the struggling people everywhere.

AFFC is the best book in the series

The Last Jedi was better than all the SW films since Empire

21 minutes ago, Annara Snow said:

How is not having watched a show an "opinion"?

I was trying to point out my general disinterest in the show, but obviously, I had to make it literal.

5 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

But it is fun to hear my feminist friends contradict themselves by marveling at the spectacle and envying the princess.  

I have to agree with this one :D

26 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I don’t hate Twilight. I would go as far as to say that I kinda like it. New Moon has a brilliant soundtrack, in particular, and has some pretty cool scenes 1)the scene showing the transition of months is a really great portrayal of clinical depression and 2) the scene when Bella jumps into the water and sees Edward with Grizzly Bear playing is genuinely beautiful. 

Of course YOU, my dearest, don't hate it. You are the sweetest of the sweet people around here :D 

That said, Twilight is a piece of ...

10 minutes ago, Risto said:

I was trying to point out my general disinterest in the show, but obviously, I had to make it literal.

I have to agree with this one :D

Of course YOU, my dearest, don't hate it. You are the sweetest of the sweet people around here :D 

That said, Twilight is a piece of ...

I still don't see how disinterest is an opinion, if you haven't seen any of it. 

33 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Taxi Driver is boring.

It’s one of those movies I just don’t get either. I figured it was because I originally watched it when I was younger so I gave it another go a few months ago, and still think the same. It’s not a bad movie but just not a classic IMO. De Niro didn’t blow me away with his performance either and I’m a big fan of his(Don’t hate me, Nictarion). 

Westworld s1

It’s hard for me to take the William character on Westworld seriously cause Mcpoyle(Jimmi Simpson) looks/acts/sounds absolutely nothing like Ed Harris to me. The fact they made it this whole twist in s1 was a let down 

Serenity wasn’t very good. I don’t bother with it whenever rewatching Firefly. 

1 hour ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Oooh no no no!

Film-Faramir is Boromir the Lesser - a complete contradiction to the books where he explicitly states that whatever drove Boromir to his doom he would never pick up, even if it would save Gondor (and it would).  And he doesn't.

I feel for book-Faramir - he's heroic and wonderful yet he plays second fiddle to Boromir in his father's eyes and second to Aragorn for Eowyn.  He must have thought he was second best his whole life.  He could so easily have taken the Ring to impress his father.  But he never thinks of it.  He's is own man and knows his worth.

This is kind of what I mean, though. In the books Faramir is noble and heroic. He gets the ring in his hands and says "thanks but no thanks, I'm heroic and noble." Not that there's anything wrong with that in the context of the books, because LOTR is full of heroic, epic archetypes.

Faramir in the movies goes through the same struggles as Boromir and every other mortal man. He is heroic and noble, but still gives in to temptation, struggles with playing second fiddle to Boromir, etc... That's a lot more depth to a character than what we get in the books, and I'd say book Faramir would be a really flat character in a movie. That said, I get it, because when I first saw Two Towers in theatres, my reaction to Faramir taking Frodo to Osgiliath was "WTF?????? That's not what Faramir's about!!!" But over time it's a change I've really come to like, and one that for me more than makes up for the simplification of Denethor's character.

4 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

It’s one of those movies I just don’t get either. I figured it was because I originally watched it when I was younger so I gave it another go a few months ago, and still think the same. It’s not a bad movie but just not a classic IMO. De Niro didn’t blow me away with his performance either and I’m a big fan of his(Don’t hate me, Nictarion). 

You’re dead to me. 

But seriously, not a classic? That’s just pure craziness. Maybe not to you, but it’s rightfully considered one of the best movies ever made by most cinephiles. 

Archived