Unpopular opinions

Mosi Mynn

I do not much care for people who were disappointed by The Last Jedi. Being disappointed with what happen Star Wars became is part of being a Fan and the OG Extended Universe was basically trashed by Lucas with the Prequels. I do not care people were upset over not getting Snook's backstory when we are never going to see Thrawn on the big screen (I do not care at all that he was on an animated show).

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Unpopular opinion, Deadpool 2 sucked and was grating.

Agreed. As with every superhero franchise, they should have stopped after the first film (or before)

Here's another one for you - Jar Jar Binks was absolutely fine. Certainly better than Hayden Christensen. 

1 hour ago, Mme Erzulie said:

Agreed. As with every superhero franchise, they should have stopped after the first film (or before)

Here's another one for you - Jar Jar Binks was absolutely fine. Certainly better than Hayden Christensen. 

So comic book movies are childish but Jar Jar was fine? Ok...

Fight Club is overwhelmingly meh

Movies/TV based on books can do what the hell they want with the source material.  if its good its good, if its bad its bad, but it isn't bad just because it is different and some of your favourite scenes or quotes aren't in it, this is why people hate nerds.

People who like Top Gear are the worst people on the earth.

I also thought Deadpool 2 was bad. Why am I watching mediocre dramatic scenes for an hour and twenty? This is a fucking comic movie, move along.

I also thought tons of jokes bombed. Domino was super likeable, though, and I did like some of the bits. I just dont see much reason to ever watch it again. Very similar vibe to my feelings on Guardians 2. Seen the first a dozen times, grudgingly have seen the sequel twice.

Some unpopular opinions of my own:

Dunkirk was boring.

RotJ is my favorite Star Wars movie. 

The BioShock games are mehh.

I’ve never understood the whole Bill Murray craze. He’s a funny guy who has been in some decent movies but he’s not THAT great. 

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

But I like him anyway, regardless of that lol. I see a lot of people complaining that he's weird or bland or whatever but I always kinda dig his vibes in interviews & thought he was one of the few actually decent things about Suicide Squad. 

Yeah, Jai Courtney was one of the few decent things about Suicide Squad. Aside from that, I don't think I've seen him in anything else so I have no real opinion about him at all.

8 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

I like Jai Courtney

Iron Maiden are overrated

The Ewoks are dope.

Two of these hurt.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Some unpopular opinions of my own:

Dunkirk was boring.

I'm going to take this further: Christopher Nolan is very hit and miss, with more misses than hits.

Kudos for the Prestige and the Dark Knight. A fairly barren cabinet elsewhere. Especially Inception. I agree that it's well made and symbolism is done well. But I also think it has no development or tension and is SO BOOOOOOOORING!

31 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I will take The Rolling Stones over the Beatles any day. 

I like The Beatles but really only their later stuff. Their early stuff is mostly covers and vapid love songs. Lottsa good melodies and catchy songs, but nothing earthshattering.

38 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Ooh that's me! But only the Jeremy, James and Richard version.

They are the absolute worst. Clarkson is a shameless chameleon and Hammond needs to roll his car properly and be done with it. May I can just about tolerate. 

2 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

I've been confused about the Jai Courtney loathing as well. Don't know nothin' about him but he was fun in Suicide Squad.

I think he was aided by the film and blandness of the rest of the cast. I still think it's more a case of he can only get in shit films rather than he's awful - I've yet to see a film where he's the reason it sucks.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

People who like Top Gear are the worst people on the earth.

I like to think of them as the english version of WWE fans because how on earth anyone watching it can't fathom every single moment of it is scripted (including all the "hilarious mishaps"). WWE wrestlers are at least better actors than those three. The same extends to the current BBC show and the Clarkson spin-off. Once noticed the spell is broken.

I think we all know most of it was scripted - especially in the latter series'. But the chemistry between the three guys seems genuine. And the stunts are imaginative and fun. And I LOVE the Bugatti Veyron. 

I also hate Top Gear. Clarkson can go fuck himself. The other two are BORING. 

That's probably not an unpopular opinion.  I'm guessing that the pro-Clarkson/Top Gear folk and the antis are pretty evenly matched!

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I will take The Rolling Stones over the Beatles any day.

I don't like either of them. And while I love a handful of Zepelin songs, I can't say I like them as a whole.

I also love Ewoks. I've never understood the Ewok and RotJ hate. It was the first SW movie I ever saw (I was young), and I've always loved it.

Archived