Unpopular opinions

Mosi Mynn

I really liked Temple of Doom. It's been years since I saw any of the Indy's but Temple of Doom was definitely my favourite as a kid (despite the horribly outdated racism, which I didn't register at the time of course) 

On 5/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, Martini Sigil said:

I really hope that all of you Ewok lovers find the right balance of therapy and medication. 

:lol:

On 5/26/2018 at 6:44 AM, Aemon Stark said:

Pan's Labyrinth is actually unpleasant and depressing. I do enjoy Hellboy and its sequel though...

:o This is the winner of this entire thread. I have never met anyone who disliked Pan's Labyrint. If people ask me to recommend films, I usually start of with Pan's Labyrinth because it's not just one of the best films ever made, it's also surprisingly accessible for a film of that stature. 

On 5/26/2018 at 12:57 AM, Risto said:

2. In most roles, Tom Hardy is good at grunting. Nothing else...

And his skill at grunting is so great that it drowns out everything else. Such an enjoyable actor to watch :) 

On 5/25/2018 at 5:53 AM, Durckad said:

Yeah, Jai Courtney was one of the few decent things about Suicide Squad. Aside from that, I don't think I've seen him in anything else so I have no real opinion about him at all.

He was great as Varro (?) in the first season of Spartacus: Blood & Sands. I agree with @Theda Baratheon that he's not leading man material at all though.

Glad to see all the love for Last Crusade. It’s always been my favorite Indiana Jones movie. Disagree that Raiders and Temple of Doom are bad though. The former is a classic, and the latter gave us Short Round!

Speaking of popular trilogies, The Two Towers is my favorite LotR movie. Or at least the one I like to rewatch the most. I love the battles at Helms Deep and Isengard. 

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

And his skill at grunting is so great that it drowns out everything else. Such an enjoyable actor to watch :) 

I like him better when he is not grunting. IIRC, his roles in Legend were impressive and there weren't a lot of grunting.

And beside, Michael Fassbender is OBVIOUSLY much better actor than Hardy. Or Cumberbatch.

49 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Speaking of popular trilogies, The Two Towers is my favorite LotR movie. Or at least the one I like to rewatch the most. I love the battles at Helms Deep and Isengard. 

I liked it... Especially the Extended Version. Eowyn singing lament to Theodred was so beautiful.

And I didn't hate Elves at Helm's Deep.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

:agree:

34 minutes ago, Risto said:

And beside, Michael Fassbender is OBVIOUSLY much better actor than Hardy. Or Cumberbatch.

I agree on the former but disagree on the latter

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Glad to see all the love for Last Crusade. It’s always been my favorite Indiana Jones movie. Disagree that Raiders and Temple of Doom are bad though. The former is a classic, and the latter gave us Short Round!

Where else would we get quotable lines like "No time for love, Dr Jones!"?

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

:agree:

I agree on the former but disagree on the latter

Did you all forget the dwarf tossing?  Among the many reasons I've come to despise these flickers.

Unpopular opinions eh?

Here goes,

The show of Game of Thrones should have continued with the pacing and slow world building it followed in S1-3, even if it meant eventually needing something ridiculous like 10 seasons to finish the story.
It would have meant the later seasons didn't feel so rushed (looking at you S7) and that we needed less fluff to fill in space left from content they cut (cough..Dorne...cough). A deeper story and world to play around in would make the later plot twists mean more, rather than just be chea pshock scenes thrown in to grab viewing numbers.
Finally it would have meant George might possibly have been less pressured in writing schedule to beat the show, and the next book may have come out by now.

22 hours ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Unpopular opinions eh?

Here goes,

The show of Game of Thrones should have continued with the pacing and slow world building it followed in S1-3, even if it meant eventually needing something ridiculous like 10 seasons to finish the story.
It would have meant the later seasons didn't feel so rushed (looking at you S7) and that we needed less fluff to fill in space left from content they cut (cough..Dorne...cough). A deeper story and world to play around in would make the later plot twists mean more, rather than just be chea pshock scenes thrown in to grab viewing numbers.
Finally it would have meant George might possibly have been less pressured in writing schedule to beat the show, and the next book may have come out by now.

Yeah, blaming the show for GRRM not writing is definitely an unpopular opinion since he was taking his sweet time before the show ever existed!

In my mind Dorne never happened, I refuse to see or believe it! When I rewatch episodes I fast forward through Dorne like my life depends on it.

Really going to toss one out there. I like a song by Miley Cyrus and it's probably the worst most pop song ever, Party in the USA. I don't know why but whenever I hear that damn thing I leave it on the radio and turn it up.

Please don't judge too harshly. I admit this while listening to Metallica - Damage Inc.             go figure...

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Really going to toss one out there. I like a song by Miley Cyrus and it's probably the worst most pop song ever, Party in the USA. I don't know why but whenever I hear that damn thing I leave it on the radio and turn it up.

Please don't judge too harshly. I admit this while listening to Metallica - Damage Inc.             go figure...

We all have horrible songs we like. No biggie.

I like Whataya want from me by Adam Lambert, I don't have the right to criticize.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I love that song.  I really enjoy that cheesy pop like that.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I am not a huge fan of Will Ferrell.  I really like Anchorman 1 & 2, but the rest of his starring role movies I do not like.  Even his stint on SNL I didn't care for him as much as some of the others at that time.

Even though I will admit, his Bush impression is fantastic and the one man show he did as Bush was great.

1 minute ago, Durckad said:

There is nothing controversial about liking this episode.

Oh? I'm always told it was stupid.

1 minute ago, Yukle said:

Oh? I'm always told it was stupid.

Really? I always considered it a somewhat classic (and dark) episode.

Maybe my Internet Hate-O-Meter isn't calibrated correctly or something 

Okay, well here's one:

I didn't like Avengers: Infinity Wars.

I'm just a bit over watching 2-hour trailers for the next film.

Archived