Unpopular opinions

Mosi Mynn

31 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I like a few songs by Miley Cyrus and think she has a really good voice 

She recorded a session for BBC Radio One Live Lounge towards the end of last year that was excellent and really showed off her vocals. The full set is on YouTube - check it out, if you haven’t already.

Party in the USA was one of the songs, so the original poster might enjoy it, too.

1 hour ago, JordanJH1993 said:

She recorded a session for BBC Radio One Live Lounge towards the end of last year that was excellent and really showed off her vocals. The full set is on YouTube - check it out, if you haven’t already.

Party in the USA was one of the songs, so the original poster might enjoy it, too.

Her cover of Melanie's ''Look What They've Done to my Song'' is fucking excellent tbh. I thought ''Younger Now'' from her last album was a really great pop song. I didn't mind ''Malibu'' either and I really like ''Wrecking Ball' lol. 

I’d never heard that cover before. When she sings songs like that, you see how strong her voice is. Her cover of Jolene highlights it, too.

Her most recent album is pretty good. No bad songs on it, but Malibu and Younger Now are streets ahead of the rest of the songs on the album.

We Can’t Stop was a proper solid pop song, also. Bastille’s Live Lounge cover of it might have been even better, though.

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah, that was a relatively minor complaint.  I articulated more significant ones in an earlier post. And Ill say agin, there is a lot to like about it.  Still,

Hide contents

Why not put Rhodey in the thing?  You know, the guy with actual familiarity with armored suits and who has actual combat experience.

Spoiler

It's too cute to resist putting Bruce in the Hulkbuster?

We should probably take this to the Infinity War thread :)

3 hours ago, JordanJH1993 said:

No!!! I don't seek out that song, but it's like cookies, if I seem them on the counter, I am gonna eat them! If I hear the song it will be stuck in my head for days.

Seemingly unpopular opinion, Solo is a pretty good movie. Saw it again today and was happy with it. I am beginning to think most the hate for it comes from us knowing who Han Solo is, and some people just wanting to hate on it. Rogue One had the benefit of being all new characters so we had nothing built up in our heads. Kind of like ASOIAF, as book readers we had images and thoughts on how they should be and decades of them living there, it's hard to separate them. Solo has been with fans for 35+ years.. hard to nail it for everyone.

13 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Pitch black was great.  They kind jumped the shark with Riddick 2. 3 was OK.

The Chronicles of Riddick is fucking awesome. It's crazy but I'll always love it for its vision. I'd pay to see another Riddick film that is that ambitious :) 

14 hours ago, Fall Bass said:

I'm not sure if it's really that unpopular of an opinion (given that the show is still a ratings success), but I don't think The Simpsons ever went "bad". Even now, it very rarely produces a truly bad episode - at worst, the episodes are maybe worth a chuckle or two and then immediately forgotten, and there are tons of episodes past Season 8 that I loved.

I don't even think Season 8 was much of a transition between a "Golden Age" and "What Came After". The show's overall best season is still Season 4, but after that it only declined slowly in quality all the way through Season 12 before declining somewhat more severely - and that decline wasn't because there weren't good episodes. It was because there were just fewer of them amidst the mediocre ones.

Clearly you have skipped the Lady Gaga episode. The Simpsons really needs to be put out of its misery. 

On 5/25/2018 at 2:49 AM, Nictarion said:

So comic book movies are childish but Jar Jar was fine? Ok...

Oh no! I've been owned.

Star Wars is obviously also incredibly childish, so Jar Jar is fine in the context of a childish, light-hearted intergalactic romp.

15 hours ago, Fall Bass said:

I'm not sure if it's really that unpopular of an opinion (given that the show is still a ratings success), but I don't think The Simpsons ever went "bad". Even now, it very rarely produces a truly bad episode - at worst, the episodes are maybe worth a chuckle or two and then immediately forgotten, and there are tons of episodes past Season 8 that I loved.

It has been a while since they made anything this good:

2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

The Chronicles of Riddick is fucking awesome. It's crazy but I'll always love it for its vision. I'd pay to see another Riddick film that is that ambitious :) 

I have to admit I have a soft spot for Chronicles of Riddick.  I am not sure what it is about that movie, but it is one of those movies that if I come across it while channel surfing, I will stop and watch it.

2 hours ago, Mme Erzulie said:

Oh no! I've been owned.

Star Wars is obviously also incredibly childish, so Jar Jar is fine in the context of a childish, light-hearted intergalactic romp.

Ah, so when a dude gets all his limbs chopped off and his mentor lets him burn alive?

Jar-Jar was fine, both when I watched Phantom Menace as a kid and when I re-watched it as an adult. I didn't particularly like him, but he wasn't that annoying, and I could recognize that some stuff was for adults and some stuff was meant for kids. 

3 hours ago, JordanJH1993 said:

I’d never heard that cover before. When she sings songs like that, you see how strong her voice is. Her cover of Jolene highlights it, too.

Her most recent album is pretty good. No bad songs on it, but Malibu and Younger Now are streets ahead of the rest of the songs on the album.

We Can’t Stop was a proper solid pop song, also. Bastille’s Live Lounge cover of it might have been even better, though.

I really like We Can’t Stop, And a lot of that comes, I think, from the SNL parody, We Did Stop (which Miley herself was a part of). Take a looksie!

2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Ambitious? Yes.  It just didn't seem to fit with the universe they established in the first film, thin as that was.   

4 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's too cute to resist putting Bruce in the Hulkbuster?

We should probably take this to the Infinity War thread :)

I'm ragging on their movie.  They'll probably shoot me in the face over there.  Here is fine.

1 hour ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Ah, so when a dude gets all his limbs chopped off and his mentor lets him burn alive?

And same limbless dude killed a whole tribe of sand people in a rage over them beating and killing his mother, then kills all the jedi children. Definitely makes for a bed time story!

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

And same limbless dude killed a whole tribe of sand people in a rage over them beating and killing his mother, then kills all the jedi children. Definitely makes for a bed time story!

I hate sand. It gets everywhere.

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

I hate sand. It gets everywhere.

So do people, when Anakin's around.

Hey Oh!!! Massacre jokes! Must've been a kids show. Remember that time the Blue Ranger murdered all those Romani?

6 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

... Ang Lee deserves *all* the blame for that affront to cinema

I honestly love the final battle in that film, between Banner and his father. It's just so freaking weird and strange. 

10 minutes ago, Fall Bass said:

I honestly love the final battle in that film, between Banner and his father. It's just so freaking weird and strange. 

"Take it all!"

Now that's a hero's line I can relate to.

Archived