Prolonged Life.... Dragons

Flightless bird

The possibility of dragons at the wall, 

Thinking of the missing dragons at the end of the dance with dragons, Sheepstealer, Cannibal, Morning and Silverwing if any of these dragons had headed north. Could their lives have been prolonged the same as Aemon Targaryen?

"He was more than just the oldest living maester. He was the oldest man in Westeros"

"I should not have left the wall. Lord Snow could not have known, but I should have seen it. Fire consumes, but cold preserves. The wall..... but it is too late to go running back"  Aemon, A Feast for Crows.

Or preserved in stone... My second though was "Waking dragons from stone"  could it be possible for dragons to catch the stoneman curse. If there is a stone dragon on Dragonstone (frozen with the disease), could this be where Shireen caught her affliction?

This is my third reading of the books and once again my mind is filled with thoughts of dragons and theories... I would like to know everybody elses theories on these topics :read: 

It's not unusual for these topics to be in the same place. Maybe it's time to reconsider whether having one topic thread called General (aSoIaF) and one called General Discussion could be a bit confusing for newbies. ;) 

Flightless Bird, they're trying to tell you, in a convoluted way, that you posted your question in the wrong area of the Forum.  You should have posted it up top under discussions of the novels.

Welcome! 

renaming "general chatter" into "real life" or something like that is an idea, but considering misplaced posts do not happen that often and that even a cursory glance at threads titles or subforum description tells you asoiaf is not discussed around here, I am not sure it would matter...

These threads always remind me of those Nat Geo specials about life on the ocean floor when the doomed carcass of some animal from way up where the sun shines comes drifting down out of the gloom, and all the pale, slimy denizens of the deep come oozing out of the darkness to feed on the lifeless blob of protein.

Archived