An Extrapolation on Preston Jacob's Theory of Telepathic Awakening

I was introduced to this concept in Preston Jacob's "Prepping For Winter: The Forsaken" series on YouTube. Be sure to check out his videos for more detail.

In this series, Preston claims that like Bran and Arya, Aaron Greyjoy is a telepath. Preston mentions three similar experiences that link these 3 characters.

(1) They are given a substance meant to awaken telepathic abilities (Acorn Paste, Scented Candles, Shade of the Evening), though Preston suspects this is only a placebo effect.

(2) They spend time in darkness (the crypts under Winterfell, Blind Beth, in dungeons) only to emerge with stronger telepathic control.

(3) And they each have a manipulator (Blood-raven, the Kindly Man, Euron Crow's Eye) who want to use their abilities for their own ends. 

I got all of that from Preston. But my question is ...

What about Davos?

Davos could be a telepath, using his powers on a subconscious level to control the winds. Basically, he's an air-bender. 

Davos being an Airbender would explain his amazing skill as a smuggler. 

On Dragon Stone, Davos spent a lot of time in Darkness after Melisandre had him thrown in prison.  It's possible that Mel was aware of Davos's air bending ability from the start. She knew that Davos's abilities could be used to her advantage if Davos wasn't aware of them and if she took credit for them. Instead of using a drug / placebo, Mel used trickery. She took great care to display her "powers" to Davos (Mel probably had help with avoiding Cressen's attempt at poisoning, the shadow baby could have been a glamor, and She was probably tipped off about Davos's intent to kill her) all in an attempt to make Davos, personally, believe in her. Then, on a subconscious level, Davos made the wind that carried Stannis's fleet up to the Wall. 

Could Varys have been trying to awaken Ned during his time in the Black Cells?

Was Ramsay trying to awaken Theon through toucher and confinement in the Dreadfort? 

Do you have any other examples? 

I really can't take credit for most of this stuff, since I listen to Preston's videos obsessively. I'm just trying to take his concept a step further. 

• 2 months later...

Preston Jacobs probably got the idea of telepathic character possibilities in the asoiaf story, from reading something like Martins Tuf Voyaging, where Tuf's cats in have psionic ability to read minds.

If anyone is causing winds mist rain thunder etc...it's likely Bran, possibly Night's King, or the weirwood/nature force. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/15/2018 at 2:34 AM, Edric (Ned) Dayne said:

I was introduced to this concept in Preston Jacob's "Prepping For Winter: The Forsaken" series on YouTube. Be sure to check out his videos for more detail.

In this series, Preston claims that like Bran and Arya, Aaron Greyjoy is a telepath. Preston mentions three similar experiences that link these 3 characters.

(1) They are given a substance meant to awaken telepathic abilities (Acorn Paste, Scented Candles, Shade of the Evening), though Preston suspects this is only a placebo effect.

(2) They spend time in darkness (the crypts under Winterfell, Blind Beth, in dungeons) only to emerge with stronger telepathic control.

(3) And they each have a manipulator (Blood-raven, the Kindly Man, Euron Crow's Eye) who want to use their abilities for their own ends. 

I got all of that from Preston. But my question is ...

What about Davos?

Davos could be a telepath, using his powers on a subconscious level to control the winds. Basically, he's an air-bender. 

Davos being an Airbender would explain his amazing skill as a smuggler. 

On Dragon Stone, Davos spent a lot of time in Darkness after Melisandre had him thrown in prison.  It's possible that Mel was aware of Davos's air bending ability from the start. She knew that Davos's abilities could be used to her advantage if Davos wasn't aware of them and if she took credit for them. Instead of using a drug / placebo, Mel used trickery. She took great care to display her "powers" to Davos (Mel probably had help with avoiding Cressen's attempt at poisoning, the shadow baby could have been a glamor, and She was probably tipped off about Davos's intent to kill her) all in an attempt to make Davos, personally, believe in her. Then, on a subconscious level, Davos made the wind that carried Stannis's fleet up to the Wall. 

Could Varys have been trying to awaken Ned during his time in the Black Cells?

Was Ramsay trying to awaken Theon through toucher and confinement in the Dreadfort? 

Do you have any other examples? 

I really can't take credit for most of this stuff, since I listen to Preston's videos obsessively. I'm just trying to take his concept a step further. 

Preston can be way off at times, but his "Prepping for Winter" is well thought out. 

Collecting priests to function as telepaths is a 

Spoiler

Good theory on "The Forsaken" chapters' depiction of Euron collecting priests of many faiths on his ship. 

• 4 months later...

I like Preston's theory. But in my opion, the Stark children have not telepathic abilities... per se.

I believe the direwolves have them. It has become my assumption recently, re-reading the wolves dreams.
They see each other, hear each other etc... 

I also believe, that it's more likely that - Bran excluded at least form some moment on - the direwolves warg
into the Stak children, not the contrary.

I also think it's worth to notice, that we don't know of any other character beside the Stark children that actually wargs into a direwolf. We know that Varamyr thought of doing so. However, he didn't try.
And even if beyond the Wall there're always been direwolves and skinchangers he never mentions - not even in his account of the skinchangers meetings - someone that actually wargs into a direwolf.

Which is... curious. 

I also believe that the Others have these abilities, pretty much like the direwolves.
(and that's why I think that there is a connection between the Others and the direwolves, not only between the Others and the w.w. trees).

They posses=warg into the whites.
They show up in the wolf houres, they "hunt" (in a borader sense) at night. They hate fire and iron, just like the direwolves. And so on.

This however is not equal to say that Preston is uncorrect.

It would explain in different (and easier) way than the one he proposes the reason as to why in a single generation there are so many Stark with skin changing abilities. In short, not by genetics (or not only), but
by the connection with the puppies.

I'd say in fact, that the direwolves awekened those abilities and that other people/forces are trying to use them.
However, to have an access to them - just because they cannot do it diretcly - they have to use something (the substances).

Archived