Will Theon`s wounds ever heal?

manchester_babe

But the actual raw wounds of all the flaying and finger-chopping have actually healed, no? He'll still be missing several fingers and toes and teeth, but it's not like the stumps haven't healed and are still raw and bleeding. So, yeah, these wounds have healed. 

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But the actual raw wounds of all the flaying and finger-chopping have actually healed, no? He'll still be missing several fingers and toes and teeth, but it's not like the stumps haven't healed and are still raw and bleeding. So, yeah, these wounds have healed. 

Give it about 3 minutes and someone will come up with a theory how Qyburn will rebuild Theon like he was a Lego man, complete with timeline.

14 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

Theon is permantly scared and disfigured and the only weapon I could see him use in the future is a BOW and thats a big maybe as well since he still needs fingers for that. 

No chance of that since unlike a sword or spear or the like, archery actually has a need for you to use your fingers for more than just gripping. You can still use those weapons or even hold a bow with fingers missing but you can't fire an arrow without all the necessary fingers on that hand... or at least that's the impression I got when I was taking archery lessons.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Theon's "weapon" (read purpose, or how he'll be able to help, or how he'll atone) now is to be a vessel for Bran.

Ehh, wut? Not to be a jerk but couldn't Brann find someone better to mind-control? Sure Theon can walk but he seems to be in a worse state than Hodor. Also I imagine that Brann would have to deal with all the pains and aches while possessing Theon.

1 minute ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Ehh, wut? Not to be a jerk but couldn't Brann find someone better to mind-control? Sure Theon can walk but he seems to be in a worse state than Hodor. Also I imagine that Brann would have to deal with all the pains and aches while possessing Theon.

There's lots of foreshadowing for this, and as of TWoW Theon I, Theon is in a prime location for it to happen. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

TWoW Theon I, Theon is in a prime location for it to happen. 

(Not sure if TWoW is okay to talk about here but anyway)

Maybe, but wouldn't he just get dismissed as mad and/or killed on Stannis in order to placate the Northerners?

12 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

(Not sure if TWoW is okay to talk about here but anyway)

You are right, no discussion of preview TWoW chapters here...

12 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Maybe, but wouldn't he just get dismissed as mad and/or killed on Stannis in order to placate the Northerners?

Spoiler

If you want to read my reasoning behind it, here's a link to a post where I go into more detail.

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/106038-twow-spoilers-theon-i-part-vi/&do=findComment&comment=7142979

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Give it about 3 minutes and someone will come up with a theory how Qyburn will rebuild Theon like he was a Lego man, complete with timeline.

3 more minutes and a moderator will delete whole threads with no explanation at all...

45 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

You are right, no discussion of preview TWoW chapters here...

Reveal hidden contents

If you want to read my reasoning behind it, here's a link to a post where I go into more detail.

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/106038-twow-spoilers-theon-i-part-vi/&do=findComment&comment=7142979

Lol... stupid rules haha

But really, part of why it’s a terrible idea is that viewership of any sub or link will be less than the general forum and splitting up discussions by arbitrary standards dampens any real discussion.

I understand spoiler concerns for the first week or so after something comes out, but calling something a spoiler after the better part of a decade is just preposterous.

Wasn't the Theon Chapter literally in the original printed Dance hardcover anyway? 

I think it’s possible the daughter of the captain of the Myraham was the faceless man who killed Balon though... that should cause some new trauma if he’s even even thinking of getting over anything else.

I'm not sure which parts of him have been flayed and to what extent. 

The only specific body part I can remember is fingers; Ramsay flayed them then cut them off when Theon asked him to. *shudders* 

If he has had other areas flayed if say no; those scars are permanent. As are his lost and broken teeth. I wonder if his hair will grow back or if his hair loss and color is permanent? 

A much more interesting question to me is if his psychological wounds will heal or if he is just a tool at this point. 

As to the spoilers, I actively try not to read them, even the published ones. But I definitely think I know what happens in all of them because of the forum. Spoiler boxes are our friends ;)

1 minute ago, Bitterblooms said:

A much more interesting question to me is if his psychological wounds will heal or if he is just a tool at this point. 

I am having a very hard time seeing Theon making any sort of recovery considering his truly horrific trauma and that the IB don't seem very caring when it comes to "broken men".

Maybe with a fair chunk of magic but that very hard to predict.

Archived